After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mintyice

mintyice Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760 2GB SC ACX
    Here's a screen of my game, I generally get between 40-50 FPS without SweetFX on. With SweetFX on I generally get 3-5 fewer FPS.

i(dot)minus (dot) com/jxWNCOsCfT36b(dot)png

since I can't post links...

2. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Exactly. My card is 6GB VRAM and I still have stuttering. It's the engine for sure. One thing if I may add. Doesn't anybody else think that the game looks like a downgraded frostbite engine game? Like it looks just like battlefield hard line to me but with better weather.

3. charrocrow

charrocrow Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760 OC 4GB
  4. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    I'm having one big issue.

I put the worse mod on my watch dogs copy and right after I did that, steam auto installed the new update so the mod didn't work and I now have EVEN MORE STUTTERING on my gtx titan.

Any solutions?

5. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Explain why the stutters happen when only 2.5GB of a 3GB card are used, and why do they still occur using a 780 6GB? The VRAM issue was debunked days after the game released, all users are experiencing the same issue, whether it bothers them enough to report or not.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  6. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    My body is ready!

[​IMG]

7. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Okay so I know 0.8 version comes out very soon. I have 1 question: Will the DoF be different? This mod works great and I can tolerate the depth of field, but I'd like to be able to see farther. Sorry if this is discussed, I didn't want to read through all the pages... thanks.

BTW I never got any fog / smoke after installing this mod. I know the mod works because of the copious amounts of DOF, but I didn't notice many other changes. I do not have the Ubisoft patch installed as my game doesn't stutter. could this make a difference?

EDIT: I ask this because the front page says Vaas is making a tool to tweak DoF but the reddit post from above suggests it won't be out in time for the 0.8 release.

8. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    There's going to be a Maldo's configurator tool, so that you'll be able to set your DoF preferences.

However, TheWorse said he would release his patch prior to Maldo's tool, since the latter hadn't been in touch with him and people are going nuts for this 0.8 release.
    But then, right after that, TheWorse said he had received a PM from Maldo and that the mod would be "released tomorrow" (I don't know in what part of the world he lives), if he lives in Brazil (like I do) it's 11:42AM now, we use to say "tomorrow" when it's still at dawn and we meant to say "by morning/daylight" so who knows.

Let us wait for his announcement.

9. turkeynaruto

turkeynaruto Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690 4GB
    I respect your Hardwork on this MOD and thank you that you work so hard and long on this mod but your Updates are reallyyy slow ...

10. BakaPhoenix

BakaPhoenix Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 Ti 2 GB
    Actually, maldo sent a pm to the worse and so he can realease the mod with the configurator.
    Atm looks like the worse is sleeping so you have to wait some hours bofere the release

11. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Based on TheWorse's ETA, it should all be ready by midnight UK time.

12. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Thank you kind sir! Do you have any idea about the fog issue I mentioned? I'm using high settings, not ultra. Perhaps that makes a difference. Or the patch?

Thanks again. This update sounds like a big one!

13. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    He has been in touch! Mod and config tool, to be released within next 13 hours.

14. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Yes, earlier on this thread, TheWorse mentioned the Configurator Tool will automatically implement different ranges to DoF and fog has been reworked to better resemble to what was shown at E3 2012 trailer, he has also decreased the spawn speed of particles what could make the game more realistic/dusty.
    TheWorse said that Volumetric Lights are going to be part of this coming update and if it reacts to fog and reflections as I thought it could be, the image quality should be way better now.

:banana:

15. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    wake up Sleeping Beauty! :D

16. Yizan

Yizan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    1) Press Q, hack TheWorse pc. 2) Download 0.8 mod. 3)???? 4)Profit.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    We have it on video and on text now. They cannot be that stupid to do Watch Dogs once more with this IP, people WILL notice.

I sure as hell hope they learned their lesson - don't f*ck with PC gamers.

18. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    *The UPlay service is temporarily down. We'd normally apologize for this inconvenience, but in truth we simply don't care.* :D

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So true, Ubi doesn't give a flying f*ck about PC gamers.

20. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Yea, I'll just install this 0.8 update and go from there. Thanks for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.