After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjchmura

sjchmura Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTC 680
    Well, multiple developers have pointed to the unified memory on the new consoles (8GB). Thus the idea of buying a new card, today, with <4gb seems insane to me.

Can't you just imagine every PS4/XB1 port may have the same issues as watch dogs?

Couple that with more people running 2560x1400 etc sucking down VRAM.

I hope the GTX 870/880 etc for desktops sets 4GB as the standard.

2. Ferrera

Ferrera Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 2GB OC
    Ugh, sometimes I get this urge to play the game, roam the city/hack some nerds, but then I remember the stuttering and I lose the hype to play...

3. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Same here...

4. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    For me, TW .7 mod on High textures pretty much eliminated all stutter.

Maybe give it a second try?

5. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    I agree with you, it's a poor game in every platform, yet not as close as it is on PC.

The first thing we all should expect from a company that states this ridiculous "Unified Memory" excuse is that they could not care less about our game's platform.

Man, if they have optimized this game to stock textures more efficiently as long as there's unified memory, then they are far more irresponsible than we could have ever imagined.
    I picture it as an automotive engineer saying to an unsatisfied customer: "Oops, sorry sir. You have the same car as that other gentleman, the only difference is that we forgot to put wheels on your model and now we don't know how to resolve it. Our apologies for this inconvenience."

Every and any game (product) must be developed accordingly to the platform it will be executed on. If Ubisoft had time to optimize it to console's unified memory, they also had time to optimize and make it run properly on PC version. They just didn't because of the reasons I said before. Money from more popular platforms.

PS4 and XBO graphic's power died even faster than X360 and PS3 did. Please, don't fall for that, we are smarter and have enough knowledge not to believe everything these unscrupulous companies want us to believe and you know it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I've reverted my game to pre-patch. Using 0.7 + Vaas' DoF settings. 0 stutter @ 2560x1440 w/SMAA. Smooth as butter.

Just wish I had slightly beefier GPUs so I could actually play with downsampling. The game looks so much better with it... =\

7. RDamoNR

RDamoNR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ Blower
    Guys when is he v0.8 Going to be released ??? I'M DYING HERE ! XD

8. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    I gotta admit, I have less stutter with "TheWorse0.7+upd1.3+BossDoFv2"

9. SilverZ

SilverZ Guest

GPU:
    750Ti OC
    with the patch i have a lot of stutter, that's horrible and unplayable... Maybe i should leave the ultra textures forever, but even if i set the textures to high i have stutter with the patch.

Cool i have the CD version...

10. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    same thing,with the patch i have much stutter.

11. Ferrera

Ferrera Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 2GB OC
    I do have less stuttering with the mod compared to the original 1.3 from Ubi. But it's still there, specially when I reach max speeds with fast cars in the middle of the city.

I use high textures and Temporal SMAA with everything maxed.

12. jerem87

jerem87 Guest

GPU:
    GTX860M 2go gddr5
    yep @Xilandro,

how are you?

I talked to you 2 days ago, you would have sent me your files, to have the same render as your video, can you?

please?

13. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    The game is just in a terrible state even tho my graphics card has 3gb of vram I cant play it on ultra too much stutter when I set textures to high its smoother but I still have the occasional stutter every now and then.

Also if you have an nvidia card and if you are using TXAA that makes the stuttering even worse and it looks like crap too.

14. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    im playing with 2560x1440 and smaa, stutters like hell but is very beautiful

15. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    i play at 2560x1440 with the high texture, i prefer resolution at the ultra texture ;) with my patch i can play at 2560x1440 at ultra texture but i make decrease shadow and water...

16. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Haha lol, I guess I now know why some of you are so impatient. 0.7 played out pretty good so far, but now I got a mission that takes place in a rather big open indoor area (meaning I can freely get in an out)...and yeah, the dark lighting problem is there. Even in broad daylight the mission is nigh unplayable.

Dilemma: Can't play without the mod. Can't play with the mod. :D So...Watch_Dogs is on pause and I gotta wait. So that's it what drove yoall to these nagging posts. xD

17. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    what did you actually do with "your patch", you've yet to disclose such information. We don't know if you're being real or not, so I'd advise you slow down talking about it if you're not going to prove it to us by making a whitepaper or a release available bro.

18. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    go to sweetfx dev thread.

19. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
  20. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    Quit bragging and share the patch then. It isnt that hard. Unless your boasting and doing a terrible job at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.