Nvidia GeForce 340.43 Beta Driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Jun 17, 2014.

1. k-1

k-1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI SC
    Same performance pre-and-post patch running R340.43. Framerate is fine, Just the stuttering is a problem.
    1) ASUS GTX 770 2 way SLI
    2) Windows 7 x64
    3) Single player
    4) All Ultra apart from high textures and smaa
    5) Sabertooth P67 intel 2700k 16GB RAM
    6) Latest patch 6/19/2014
    7) No user mods

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes, maybe try different Aion profile settings, idk like force AnisotropicFiltering or remove any forced stuff..

3. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Yep, Shader Cache was INTRODUCED in 337.50,
    I was happy to see that feature on the Control Panel

This driver is not totally perfect........... Waiting for new drivers...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  4. GregJA

GregJA Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI
    -Worse performance after applying Watch Dogs 6/19/2014 patch
    1) Nvidia Titan GTX 6GB
    2) Windows 8.1 64 bit
    3) Both
    4) Ultra preset, (everything maxed, except Anti-Aliasing, it is set at temporal SMAA)
    5) ASUS P8h77M pro- intel i7 3770 cpu
    6) No

5. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    the very day or aroundabouts the time the optimized drivers appeared i updated to windows 8.1 so i was lost
    as to what performance gains was originating from what,
    the very day or perhaps a couple before these 340 drivers i bork my mobo
    losing my secong pcie lane and now unwilling to run my WD with a single card.
    no biggie still bf4, system not optimal anymore though,
    card @ x8 3.0 max
    so i'm forced into devils canyon now when i was wanting to wait till Sep
    but no worries.
    i'll get these installed cause the nice titanZ drivers won't help me now.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  6. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    My Asus Matrix GTX580 Platinum has always relied on GPU Tweak to control the fans, other people on the ROG forums have mentioned it as well.

[​IMG]

I think it's because both of my fans can be controlled separately.

7. BossJ

BossJ Member

GPU:
    2x470GTX OC / 8800gtx
    Ok, so a very weird thing happened. After installing these drivers - I played a few games and in each game (overclocks on my card were turned off) - the game would end up crashing, and my entire computer halted to a slow crawl.

I'd have to wait 30 seconds to move my mouse and then wait again, then wait again, until i could restart it...

I restarted it manually one time and my entire Win OS harddrive corrupted and I had to install windows again.

I do have an OC on my motherboard/cpu been running it for 6 months now though - no other issues - just seemed weird it happened after these drivers installed...

That is the only change that I have made.

ANyone else?

8. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    watch dogs problems is not nvidia fault... and yes ubisoft fault... and she´s not know what make for fix it... what don´t help is the game is a ****... so forget it

9. BossJ

BossJ Member

GPU:
    2x470GTX OC / 8800gtx
    I'm not OCing.. other than motherboard / CPU - I went back to 337 and everything seems fine again.

10. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Horrible stuttering (especially during the chase) after applying Watch Dogs 6/19/2014 patch (On drivers 340.43. Prior to installing the patch on the same driver was bearable. Now it's just awful.)

1) Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3X OC 2Gb (GV-N770OC-2GD)
    2) Windows 7 SP1 x64
    3) Single player
    4) Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2
    5) ASUS P7P55D-E / Intel Core I5-750 (2.66-3.2Ghz)
    6) No mods

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

11. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  12. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Get the same error running Doom 3 or Quake 4, got the same with the 337.91 drivers as well.If I log of Windows and log on again, the game runs without any issue. New drivers seems to break more than they fix. Also forcing anti aliasing seems to be broken in these drivers. Cant get anti aliasing to work in Borderlands 2.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anyone tried the Quadro of this version ?

14. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Tried them 1 hr into wno and pc ran into problems error back to icafe 90's 1 hr and pc ran into problems error. DDU, icafe 90's and 3 hrs of killen *****'s and big damn robots, get on the damn train ...... not yet :grin:

I will past on these, bit quicker, less smooth, my OC does not seem to like them.

Regards

15. zefs

zefs Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Having no issues with this driver over the previous one(GTX 780).

16. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Watch Dogs is a horrible mess of a broken game. Don't touch it with a 100 foot pole. I don't know whether it's Ubi or nvidia that are at fault and I don't care. The game is unplayable no matter what the settings are. What I'm more worried about is just how horribly broken AC:U is going to be as a result.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think that these drivers give me micro stuttering while playing Tomb Raider. I checked this with MSI AB OSD which displays 60fps although the camera stutters slightly while looking towards different directions of the game world.

1 - 780Ti - Not running SLI
    2 - Win 8.1 x64
    3 - Single player only
    4 - Ultra preset with GPU Framebuffer 1 and Vsync enabled
    5 - 3570K @ 4,4GHz on an MSI Z77A-GD55
    6 - Stuttering was quite present pre patch but is even worse post patch. The game almost micro-freezes sometimes.
    7 - I have not tested the user mod extensively but TheWorsemod 0.7 (without MalDo) didn't help that much
    Additional notes - The GPU load is VERY inconsistent and jumps up and down from as low as 5% up to 90% then back down at for example 15% then back up at 80% and so forth. At high settings and GPU downclock to 1037MHz boost the spikes are never below 50% GPU load. This was checked with MSI AB and the framerate while driving reflects the GPU load.

I have to test the difference between the 340.43 driver and 337.88 but the most noticeable downgrade in performance is post patch.

Note, the second picture is not properly aligned but you can still see what I'm talking about. Another note is that I changed to borderless windowed which disabled Vsync before and after playing just to mark the start/end of the test. The third picture is just to show that the VRAM usage is capped when launching the game but does not stay capped after starting to drive around town.

Although not seen in the pictures below I drove the same route in all of my tests and the stuttering is almost always happening in the same spots. Dont know if it matters but well...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  18. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i'm on it with bf4, seems fine, got it borderless with adaptive v sync and a +5 framerate limit over my screen refresh rate.

19. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Yea I swapped back to 337.90 due to stutter.

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    All my games are fine no stutters.

I can't comment on Watchdogs, and do not plan to even own it until it's fixed (if it's fixed).