Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Had a good chuckle on that one. :) Game on, fella.

Thank you for the suggestion. I guess I'll stick with the PS4 version for now and revisit the game on PC once Ubisoft releases a proper performance patch.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  2. calob0903

calob0903 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2gb
    I am really disappointed about watch dogs graphics I expected what was show at e3 but I got this gta IV ****

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    How can anyone be disappointed with the graphics? It's not like It was advertised with E3 graphics till May 26th 2014 and then they switched them out the next day at release.. It was well known for many months the graphics were downgraded. You bought the game knowing the graphics were downgraded.. You can only be disappointed in yourself.

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Lol, Ubisoft has mastered the art of screwing people over. Deliver a PC version so broken that PC gamers have to go out and buy a second copy, a console version, to play the game smoothly.

5. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well if anyone is interested in a good looking DX11 Open Worlder that runs great has a great story and actually delivers. Sleeping Dogs in 80% off right now on Steam. I still say it's the best Open Wrolder that's been on PC up to now.

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL .I thought you would think that was funny.So the PS4 runs better.I have not had a console since 1988 SEGA,man that was fun times gaming and playing for money on golf,hockey.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Well... I guess you can thank Ubisoft / Watch Dogs for all the new Guru3D members at least.

: >

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    It was more of the config file tweakers that got press on every major to minor gaming sites linking to the thread. Thankfully the mad scramble is over and things are getting back to normal around here.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Can you buy boats?

I can't find boats to buy.. you can only steal them..

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nope, and the boats are pretty **** and generic... feels like they put them in just for the sake of simulating Chicago better.

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I'm not optimistic they will ever fix the performance. Have they done anything for AC4 ?
    Only subsequent driver revisions helped with regards to performance.

Ubisoft couldn't care less for PC and it shows once again.

12. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    ubi injected ac4 with physx, and hopefully they give ac5 the same treatment, fc3 was great and so will be fc4, watch dogs is awesome too.

one of the MODs progress:

'Cone bug : Fixed
    Weather: Improved, much realistic than before..
    Rain: Improved even more..
    Lighting: Improved even more, it now looks like E3 totally identical.
    Colorgrading: Improved, now using E3 colorgrading everywhere.
    Bloom: Improved , now is the real E3 bloom
    Shadows: Improved
    Cubemapping: Improved
    Object Texturing update: Fire, Smoke, Explosions now improved, as well as building reflections.'

If i can get this plus disable dof then i'll probably restart whole game again.
    i'm off it now anyways till i upgrade, hopefully get that done sometime July.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  13. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Physx was part of the deal they had in place with Nvidia. It has nothing to do with fixing performance for everyone.
    They didn't add Turbulence out of goodness. Unless you were referring to another part of my previous post.

So, back to my point : I don't think Watch Dogs will truly be "fixed".
    Ubisoft and PC don't mix together all that well. I remember them saying on record that they wanted to improve their relationship with PC gamers a while ago.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/22/ubisoft-want-to-improve-their-relationship-with-pc-gamers/

Wel....

14. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    ubi communicated with us last week about the disabled hidden options.
    so much hate for a company that makes such uber games?
    sure whatevah

-------

bandwagon>>

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Making quality games (which is always subjective) and deliver on your promises are two different things.
    Ubisoft have nerfed the PC version big time, and there is no denying they resorted to false advertising multiple times over the course of Watch Dogs' marketing.

I think it's a good game overall and not a bad looking one but at the end of the day they handled the whole affair terribly.

16. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    last comment Kez, is WD moddable? yes it is. real pc gamers dig those kinda things, same like we had fun with fc3 mods.
    all thanks to ubi letting us, at the end of the day.
    how many AAA ea games are moddable?

17. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    I have a favor to ask. Would anyone be kind enough to upload a default non modified gamerprofile.xml ?
    Deleted it after the patch, and the game doesn't want to regenarate one and just crashes my graphic card drivers -_- ... and I can only find modified ones to download (without hud and that makes my controller go crazy shooting by itself and stuff...). I've searched the forum but have been unsuccessful.
    Please that wuld be great. Thanks alot.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I do not know as I'm not interested in modding. I would also contest the "letting us" part. They haven't done anything substantial to allow modding, no official mod tools or tutorials as to how to use the engine.

Off-topic but your tone reminds me of another Guru3d poster named SLI-756.
    You two should get along very well...
    Right.

19. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    what a silly name.

20. Sub

Sub Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
    What if he is "SLI-756"?...