After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Great job. I still haven't seen a gameplay where Ultra Textures ran like in this one.

Make sure to release and I'll sure have it downloaded and will thank you a lot.

You think that would make a noticeable difference here in my GTX 770 2GB?

I mean, I don't dream about running WD at Ultra Textures, but I would be happy if my game ran at High Textures just like you did at Ultra in your video.

Also, one little thing, you've tested it at the most stuttered part of the map, so your modification/patch really works. :)

2. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)
    Hey TheWorse

What exactly are you talking about here ? :

"You'll be able to choose if you want default lensflares, anamorphic lensflares or SpotLight Volumes (Volumetric light)"

You mean every light in game can be volumetric light, like every street lamp?, how can it be interchangable if lensflare are only applied on the point the light is coming from, so top of the street lamp and volumetric light is something that's ''hanging'' in air ??

Wouldn't it be ideal to include both volumetric and lens flare at the same time? I don't know if I understand corectly.

3. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Thanks.

As you got AMD card,do you force the Anisotropic Filtering trough the CCC.?

4. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

Here's a pic to show the fps... I was only getting 28- 33 before now i don't drop below 40 and it runs real smooth:)

[​IMG]

Lads follow the guide

Here is a way that i just found to get my game running smooth until 0.8 is released.

In the link i have provided contains TheWorse0.7+ upd1.3 + BossDoFv2+ My XML..

Now the steps you have to follow are:

First set up your game to through RadeonPro....It works with Nvidia/Amd

When you have your game step up with RadeonPro... Then

Make sure you have your game selected in RadeonPro and go to the visual tab
    and check FXAA + SMAA and set them to Ultra then scroll down to Anisotropic Filtering
    And check that and set it to 8x.

Then move to the tweaks tab in RadeonPro and Scroll down and check disable Aero.
    If you are already using SweetFx leave that tab alone..... then exit

Now BACK UP the patch files and the xml that you already use just in case.

Then put the files in the rar provided to the right folders.

Now remember to not change anything in the game settings or it will overwrite the xml.

If you realy need to change something then change it though in the xml.

I have all the hud etc turned of and AA + DOF + Motionsickness off.

The FXAA + SMAA set to ultra that you are running in RadeonPro will give you less jaggies with the same performance as temp SMAA in game.

Here's the link....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cwc33t13w3t0w2h/TheWorse0.7+upd1.3+BossDoFv2+MyXml.rar

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

5. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    @TheWorse , did you find the mist settings ? its seems to be completely gone in game, not like the fog wich is just reduced , its not reduced, they completely deactivated it

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    There is fog in streets, its reduced by default, and I don't know the way to increase it yet along with the particles. There is no possible way to decrease the ammount of particles only to increase the respawn time.

Volumetric headlights was something showed at e3 2012 but was completely removed from the game, so I had to rework the headlights code along with the lensflares one to make the effect work properly.

E3 explosion files are still there but seems that the game is using different textures and different xml settings for it. It's still impossible to make it work yet, unless someone finds a REAL way to do it.

7. keputran69

keputran69 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX Titan
    Great job finding those, and pain in the ass to stich them back together.
    BTW waiting for 0.8 version:banana:

8. classick

classick Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x
    Dude Ubisoft should do all that..and they should pay u for ur job..ur doing ubi's work....W8ting for 0.8

9. Kinetic Fear

Kinetic Fear Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780M - 4GB
    imageshack[dot]com/i/msuv0sj

Not sure why the screen shot through MSI afterburner doesn't look that great, but anyways here's a bug I found. I've been seeing people with lime green hair all over the map (like the women in the background) as well as lime green heads. In addition there is a woman's face texture plastered on the texture for the bricks at this location, the first time i've seen that.

Let me know if anyone else is seeing this is well in their game.

I have Worse 0.7 mod+Ubisoft update+BossDoFv2 installed into my game as well as a SweetFX preset and downloaded XML from the user Downtown

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  10. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    yes it uses the ****ing e3 wind and bloom he said it like a 1,000 times!

11. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Lads not to do your heads in but try the guide i gave you with the files in the link... First time that i played the game so smooth.. in car, chaos etc ... smooth as butter. It was a guide i got a while ago when Far CRY 3 was running ****.. I added it to this game and smooth as butter :)

12. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    I was cheering for Ubisoft with their E3 presentation of new game like Far Cry 4 and Rainboz Six Siege but I will not buy any of there games again unless they are on sale. I am not even pissed. I'm dissapointed. I was excited for watch dogs. I thought they were going to put more care detail and activities like gta but I had that feeling that they wouldn't. I was expecting the graphics to look better than E3 2012 after the delay but they ended up looking worse and I STILL preordered the game with the season pass for $90.

Ubisoft needs to get there act together because they have potential but to hold back PC platform just to have parity with the current/last gen systems is a crime.

13. Veyronmaster722

Veyronmaster722 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed.:bang:

14. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    @TheWorse

If I was to combine the stutter fix by sunset, would I still be able to use the config tool?
    Does 0.8v use E3 wind and E3 bloom?

Thank you.

15. Digitalspirit

Digitalspirit Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 780Ti Jetstream
    :heh:

16. Mr. Doktor

Mr. Doktor Guest

Dont Spam this question every time ok ? Its getting anoying :gta:

17. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    This mod is truly amazing! I can't wait to see what's next. Thanks, TheWorse!
    I am having one issue unrelated to TheWorse's mod. I am using a SweetFX preset with RadeonPro, and it has worked fine even after the patch. However, Watch Dogs suddenly crashes on startup whenever I use SweetFX. Sometimes it will load, but SweetFX doesn't work. I have tried different presets, and they have not worked. Please help!

18. pingchecker

pingchecker Guest

GPU:
    evga 780 ti 3 gb
    OMG can't wait for 0.8

19. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Don't use fraps with radeon pro.

20. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Hehe haven't seen this before. Yeah textures are messed up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.