After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichterBelmont

RichterBelmont Guest

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    I know... Sorry if you felt offended TheWorse, I only want that you don't waste your work with "wicked choices". You are making more work than it needs.

2. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    If he wants to change the game, it's his problem. People are here to give CONSTRUCTIVE and POLITE feedback (bugs, improvements, annoying things,...), not telling him "do what I want, not what you want" or "what you want to do is not useful". He works on what he wants to achieve !

A modder mod for himself in the first place. If it doesn't please you, go to another place.

3. Xilandro

Xilandro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    Easy boy, easy. If you're making this mod for users - open your heart and listen what they want. If you're making this mod for yourself - just say NO! to all people with "make less dof\more dof\more bloom\less bloom" requests.

4. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz

5. xHalox

xHalox Guest

GPU:
    16 GB Crucial
    you are by far the worst a$$hole that has ever existed , its his work, its his time and he doesnt owe you or anyone anything. if you dont like it, then you should f uck off and do it yourself.

he doesnt need your feedback as he didnt ask for it, and also he doesnt need you to tell him what to do, he shared his work and you should appreciate it not being an a$$hole, if you want to give feedback then you should've done it in a polite way not being a bossy c unt.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  6. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    what 1.03 means? the update or.....

7. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    It is impossible to see the vanilla colors better than the lighting changes. I'm not going to make changes to the lighting again so it'll remain like this.

8. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    It's perfectly what I think. But I had moderated my words in my previous post ^^. I know what is it being a modder/developer.
    Isn't there a filter other than "reporting". It would be easier to read comments really related to your work.

9. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i'm personally a non-AA user in all my games, except when it's baked nicely like metro ll, and i dislike post effects and blur so take no notice basically, i'm a fan of uber blacks and like hdao for ex. cheers.

10. aroy3639

aroy3639 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 750ti
    I just do not understand what the hell is some people complaining about .........i mean get a life dudes .... TheWorse made a discovery and shared it with us ...neither he told u to use that ...nor is he telling to pay for it ........... what the hell are you complaining for....he is working his ass off jus to make the game look prettier than the one UBISOFT shipped ..... and if u cant appreciate him ...please stay away from the forum ...... dont use the mod .... !!!

@TheWorse ....... dude please ignore these morons and keep up the good work ...u have plenty of admirers ...dont get disheartened by these people !

11. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    yup especialy the trees blend in very well i guess Ubisoft calls their Tree System (RealTree) it's their own proprietary stuff and sometimes those trees don't render well into the environment but here in this shoot it fits very nicely :)

Especially in far Lods Driving scenes the trees in the far distant sometimes look odd imo in their light response way to bright and overshining the whole scene :(.

Most Engines and Software these days use http://www.speedtree.com/

So Ubisoft stays unique here with their approach, i like :)

12. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'll make a sweetfx preset for this lighting. I'll be based on my personal preferences but available for anyone that would like to use it.

13. TremF

TremF Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming 3GB
    @ TheWorse - I love your work so far but have to admit that DoF is way too strong for me. I know there are people with eyes that bad but to have such limited view distance in game seems a disadvantage and hindrance. This guy is a top hacker - who needs to go to SpecSavers! :)

14. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    hI!

What is the unpack patch for?(in the closer camera folder)

Thanks!"

15. Xilandro

Xilandro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    Let's finalize mass opinion into mod options, and add some logic into it. So people will understand what exactly "one more tiny little option add it please" means.

a) No lighting, no grading, normal camera:

Vanilla DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    Default DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    Default DoF + Default Bloom
    Default DoF + More Bloom
    Default DoF + Less Bloom
    More DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    More DoF + Default Bloom
    More DoF + More Bloom
    More DoF + Less Bloom
    Less DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    Less DoF + default Bloom
    Less DoF + More Bloom
    Less DoF + Less Bloom

b) Lighting, no grading, normal camera:

Default DoF + More Bloom
    Default DoF + Less Bloom
    More DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    More DoF + Default Bloom
    More DoF + More Bloom
    More DoF + Less Bloom
    Less DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    Less DoF + default Bloom
    Less DoF + More Bloom
    Less DoF + Less Bloom

c) Lighting, grading, normal camera:

Default DoF + More Bloom
    Default DoF + Less Bloom
    More DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    More DoF + Default Bloom
    More DoF + More Bloom
    More DoF + Less Bloom
    Less DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    Less DoF + default Bloom
    Less DoF + More Bloom
    Less DoF + Less Bloom

d) No lighting, grading, normal camera:

Default DoF + More Bloom
    Default DoF + Less Bloom
    More DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    More DoF + Default Bloom
    More DoF + More Bloom
    More DoF + Less Bloom
    Less DoF + Vanilla Bloom
    Less DoF + default Bloom
    Less DoF + More Bloom
    Less DoF + Less Bloom

13 DOF+Bloom presets * 4 (a,b,c,d) lighting-grading options * 3 (close, normal, far) camera options = 156 presets.

That's a hell of a lot of work. If somebody want some more options - read this again and again and again =) One person VS 156 presets. That's not so simple.

16. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    So I used the TheWorse (DoF by Vaas ) combined with 1,03 patch (WD) and im using quality settings as _runtime ( everything is on ultra anyway..) in game i can see the special DoF so I guess that means that its working correctly?

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Yup it is to controversial i would never touch that topic for Gameplay, way to different opinions ;)

Much easier to create given emotions and targets with it for Screenshots or Cutscenes but Real Gameplay heavily subjective, the way Watch_Dogs uses it just for effect Speed boat driving for example is ok imo :)

and this should be really not the base for everything modding related we should focus on improving overall rendering results first and getting features back, DOF and Motionblur those are things you should let each user decide for themselves how they want it ingame for their Gameplay :)

Also colorgrading, let's see us first how the textures render without any of the colorgrading layer active and how the material responses coming out without it in the different light stages :)

Im studying a lot Ubisofts results they shown and im sure many things can't be brought back the way it was a lot of times presented, because they used either Nvidias GI works or their own GI approach and changed to this pre baked global illumination approach later in the dev and platform target cycle.

18. keputran69

keputran69 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX Titan
    Yeah finally sweet fx preset from the worse, waiting in the corner while the new version rolled put

19. Firebl0od

Firebl0od Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC windforce x4
    i don't know what you all mean by " my game is shattering" my game work just fine even when i am driving as fast as possible i have a strong 60fps that never goes under it. just don't start anything else when you play WD (just fraps) and you are good !! =)

one more thing i love your work TheWorse and i am thinking on starting a gameplay with your patch ! just wondering if i start it now or i wait the final product that i think will be exelent ;)

ps: sorry for my english ! i am french =)

20. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    please just work on your mod and leave sweetfx alone as that is not at all prior
    to any majority that is here god knows it doesn't even work on all systems let alone 64bit games no just no !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.