After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legacyyy

legacyyy Guest

GPU:
    GTX690
    Kinda have to disagree.
    You have more hate/childish behavior/insulting/stealing than you can ever imgine. It's a really dirty business there.And bcause of that I haven't released stuff since 2012, just friends only.

TheWorse

Your latest Updates really look great.
    But don't get that fired up because of the haters. That will be your everyday struggle to fight with. After some time you (sadly) get used to it.

ABOUT THE "THEWORSE" / "KADZAIT24" IS BETTER THINGY.

The will always be a Version you like best, other you don't like.
    If you're person with a normal functioning brain, then stay with the mod you like and don't talk **** about the other work because it's not your taste.

AND
    The "rivalry" or "competition" between some people is the best thing that can happen to the modding community.

-You have someone with another styled work you can look at.
    -You have someone you can compare yourself with.
    -You force yourself to think about things for further improvement.
    -You always have a reason to continue to not "be behind"

If that wouldn't exist, there wouldn't be as much progress as there is.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  2. Goldust34

Goldust34 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 OC
    Hi man , I'm useing the newest version of this mod and I don't get headlight shadows ,is it normal?

3. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Xilandro

Thanks for this, and your other post earlier, and taking the time to explain it and demo it well. I 100% agree with you.

However, there's little point bothering here, as most people just don't / won't get it, or listen (including the modder unfortunately).

I keep saying it but someone needs to concentrate on improving the performance, not making pointless or minor tweaks to visuals.

I'm rocking SLI 780Ti's here, and I have to play with one card only, and even then it's still stuttering like a bitch when driving on ultra or high textures.

The game is unplayable for me with the stutter. The ONLY way to remove all stutter is to put the textures at medium, but I'm just not prepared to play it looking like that.
    I guess I wait.

4. Xilandro

Xilandro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    AFAIK MalDo is working on new texture fix, so you'll be able to use high textures without heavy stuttering =) There's MalDo textures fix v0.2 somewhere in the topic, and it works like a charm. Well, a bit aliased (no mipmaps if I remember correctly), but it's under "WIP" and "alpha testing" =)

And hey, medium textures looks good enough to play the game. TBH, You will see the difference between high\med only if you will stare at something for a long time and compare it with med or high.

upd. Also! Somewhere around you can find 0.7 version with patch and 0.6 dof tweaked by Vaas. He slightly reduced LOD to keep the game playable and reduce stuttering, you can test it as well.

5. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Thank you point I was try to make.

6. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Well I have tried all the things u guys suggested and used radeonpro and disabled CA and some other things, it simply doesn't work oh well not the end of the world but would be nice to get it work :)

7. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks ... that was not mentioned in the tutorial on how to get SweetFX working on Windows 8.1!

That did the trick :0)

8. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Though here i have to say Kadzait24 was the first who found those older build volumetric light effects ;)

9. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yep and UBIFAIL produced Watch Dogs! Whats your point?

10. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    If you go back to pages 2-50 you can already see screenshots of this, not working properly until now. Yesterday I got it working properly. And I said no more comments about other people.

11. Victim_Crasher

Victim_Crasher Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1 GB
    Yes :)
    https://www.mediafire.com/?w8lczescl4003wc

Here you go buddy :D
    http://deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/221/watch-dogs

Couldn't agree more.... even though i often think myself as one of the people legacyyy said though... i'm just a newbie :lurk:

12. RavionHD

RavionHD Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Where can I download the Maldo Mod?

13. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!
    I disagree. The modders work separately, there are many mods around and all these incomplete. If you would be working for the same team, all the ideas in a single project would meet, and doing so one more perfect product. One person can not be perfect all the details. Good things take time, and individual work, delays the project.

Individual competition is thought to satisfy the ego, not the product.

14. Xilandro

Xilandro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2

That's why I love Fallout\Skyrim modding community. Found somebody stealing something? Report the file, attach few proofs, get that bad person banned in a few minutes. Yep.

Good point. But sometimes 2 modders can't team-up because one of them will act like he's da baws and whole mod belongs to him, and that other modder is here just to fix things and help with boring stuff.

15. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    I think especially the Japanese understood this very early on in their Engine development :)
    I love how many asian studios represent light slowly everyone is swapping into that direction since PBS became the tech buzzword :)

Andrew LB my fear is allways character (npc) consistency im my experience the viewer feels even more distracted the more real the light is if he watches a NPC in it.

Or the more real the enviroment and light response around the character looks

16. Xilandro

Xilandro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    They don't. VRay does ;)

17. RavionHD

RavionHD Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
    Can anybody give me a download link for the Maldo Mod?

18. Xilandro

Xilandro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
  19. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Not everyone goes the pre baked way look @ kojima and fox engine as a good example, i really like the light model in Pro Evolution soccer the grass looks so damn real :)
    And also the NPCs fit perfectly :)

[​IMG]

20. UncleBadTouch

UncleBadTouch Guest

GPU:
    GTX 790 3GB
    I saw someone ask when his 0.8v will be released, sorry I forget who but he said he'll release it today or tomorrow. Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.