After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pendaz

Pendaz Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 780Ti @ 1.3Ghz
    First of all i must say ERMERGERD WAUW! TheWorse has done an epic job here imo - i can finally play this game the way i expected it to play on release day...

The main improvement for me is the stuttering fix, it was getting to the point where i was reluctant to play the game because of the stuttering - this is not something i would expect from a system with specs such as mine, so for that alone, KUDOS TheWorse :)

Now to my point:

I'm not sure if this has already been posted here, i did try to search but i'm not sure if what i'm searching for is correct (lol)

Basically i'm wondering if theres any way to increase the view distance restriction imposed by the "blurr" about 50m away from the player cam? I've no idea what the technical term for this would be (probably why i can't find it in the config files)

Could someone point me in the right direction? :)

2. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Very nice. Mhm...is this a version he already linked to? Ah I'm sorry, this topic ist just moving too fast. :D I wish all the modders would put a link in their signature...

3. Jackhell

Jackhell Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    DOF ? the first i used was real close, now i use this one and it looks just right (normal camera folder) :
    http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/45077084/file.html

and this is vaas DOF:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/w8lczescl4003wc

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  4. Hlavson

Hlavson Member

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    The Worse i really appreciate your and others work here. Is it possible for future versions to remove that awfull effect (cartoon not realistic colors), when slow motion is enabled? Thanks a million for reply.

5. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Maybe you should include a file that changes the background to have "THE WORSE" written in the upper right corner or something. So people know the mod is going.

6. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    Your Videocard is not Corsair Vengence 16gb

:thumbup::thumbup:

On Topic: TheWorse, keep going, good job.. I am waiting for 0.8 version ..
    Just please, do not mix colors too .. Blue-ish, green-ish or something.. Let's make it as realistic..

7. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Ahhh ****ing SweetFX there is so many of them!!! And I CANT CHOOSE WHICH ONE TO USE!!! :(

8. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    theworse,you are doing a great job but don't change the color or,at least,make two versions.One with vanilla colours and one with your colors.I already have my sweetfx preset and i don't want to change it

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  9. Selvec

Selvec Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia EVGA GTX680 4gb
    Now to make things even harder. Remember this from Skyrim?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FFtDHTnSE

10. jerem87

jerem87 Guest

GPU:
    GTX860M 2go gddr5
    yes I know, I'm in south of France and it's hot hot hot BUT the temps are good and I have this laptop : ASUS ROG G750JM, with special cooler system built in, a new special : 2 bigs fans especially made for gaming

11. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    LoL was full of stuttering a FPS drop every 3 seconds :D

12. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    TheWorse and the others, your work is amazing !

Hi !

I just registered to thank you !

Currently I am using TheWorse0.7+upd1.3+BossDoFv2 (Sorry I didn't like at all the default DOF) + Awakening E3 2012 SweetFx preset (don't sure it really works).

First, the result is way more beautiful than previously.
    Second, it's a lot smoother. I managed to enable ultra shadows and txaa2x (before I was using high shadows and Temporal SMAA) and keep the game playable !

I am using a SSD to compensate the lack of video memory.

So, TheWorse, it's your creation. You make it to your tastes, for you before the other. So don't pay attention to whinings unless you find them interesting for YOUR mod. If people are not happy, just don't use it.

I am following your work with attention. I'll test Vaas DOF to see.

Thank you again and good luck !

13. Hlavson

Hlavson Member

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    Hi VAAS. Your last version is very nice. But i have a request. Please add more DOF when driving. When driving and moving with camera looking closer DOF is enabled, that's ok. But when camera is looking forward, no DOF. I know that you need to see road and cars etc. But you can add DOF for instance for 100m ahead of car. It looks amazing then. Hope i expained it. Keep it up, i really like your DOF settings :)

14. Pendaz

Pendaz Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 780Ti @ 1.3Ghz
    Thankyou :)

15. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    People I'll say this one more time. Colorgrading doesn't mean color changes like sweetfx, colorgrading is included inside the engine itself and works different. This will be modified to be able to change the lighting of the day and night and also when storms comes. This is not a sweetfx alternative, this is how it has to be, and there will be different presets for it but you have to understand that this is not forced on you, this are changes that I have to make. If you still don't understand you'll have to try another mod or wait until I show how day, night and storm is going to be to make your own conclusions about it. But until then stop crying about the colors.

16. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    it's simple,make 2 versions,with and without :)

17. Johnthatsme

Johnthatsme Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780 Ti
    man, hes not working for you, let him do hes thing...

18. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Sorry to say I feel your tweaking for the sake of tweaking.

19. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    TheWorse - for many reasons others have explained, You are wasting your time on the colour grading. However, it is your time and your mod, so fill your boots if you really must!

As long as you release a version which leaves the perfectly good colours as default, as well as others you're working on, that's fine.

But, you could be working on other, better things :), like...

One thing I would love to see in the game is puddle splashes, when you run through them, or when cars drive through them. No idea if this can be done, but it would be sweet.

20. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    This is beta and it is only natural, if not important for these early steps in modding to push the boundaries and find out what works and what doesn't.

I'm at the point where I'd rather wait for a few weeks and 1.0 to get back to this. There are currently too many glitches to really play with this. Like the "wanna go blind?" bloom. :D

But again: He has to be able to try things out. This is his mod. A modder primarily mods for himself, then shares it with the community. He can listen to feedback, he can fulfill request, but he doesn't have to. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.