After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    You are hopeless as usual. You post a screenshot.. People give opinion. You get defensive.. I told you early on to stop changing stuff for the sake of changing it. You're grasping at straws.. *Different* doesn't mean better. Colors are fine as they are in the game. There is zero need to change them. Especially when they don't look natural. This isn't a 3D alien shooter. It's a real life city on planet earth.. Colors need to stay natural.

2. apple890

apple890 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Hello, is there anyone who hasn't downloaded the Ubisoft patch? I need some files, thanks!

3. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    If it dont mind Can we have like vote system for that colorgrading thing ? When you psot some different kinds ?

4. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC

5. jorimt

jorimt Active Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX 4090
    Yes, it can be a bit depressing.

But to be fair, I did check, and the sun was setting in the north at the beginning of the E3 2012 Demo, and the final game does have an extremely similar sun-flare effect during the same time of day.

In the final game, the sun simply sets in the correct direction now, which unfortunately doesn't allow for a direct comparison between the E3 2012 and final game's sunset periods in that specific area.

Also, while the earlier E3 Demos seem to have far superior day-lighting, said day-lit areas are all more dusk than afternoon. So it's hard to say how good the full-on middle of the daytime lighting would have been in that build.

We also have to remember that the E3 2012 demo was concentrated in a tiny three or so block radius of what would end up being a relatively large city, which obviously, and understandably, accounts for the lack of density and detail in the final product for that specific area.

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Yeah I love the vanilla colors, so washed up lol. You are the one who talks all the time about how bad I do things, do it yourself if you don't like it at all. Everytime you don't like something you try so hard on make me feel that everything I do its bad, overused and overdone.

I take advices from people but if you think vanilla colors look better then play it like it is right now.

For the final release people will be able to choose from a red-ish, a blue-ish or a green-ish one or even a default one just with the changes.

7. elektrosila

elektrosila Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX770 2GB
    Hello everyone, this is my first post. Like "the worse" I do care about graphics and the retail version of WD killed all my illusions. I applied the mod and the game is looking very nice.

Now, I have another concern regarding graphics. Specifically shaders I took a screenshot from the e3-2012 demo, and another one from my game, it is easy to see that shaders and objects have been removed or downgrading. Take a look at the lightbulbs at the ceiling of Joseph de Marco Theatre. In the E3-2012, lightbuls are real, in the retail version, lightbulbs are only a texture.

imgur.com/vIKzATB
    imgur.com/NpbONtj

Would it be possible for future mods to enhance objects/shaders?

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ugh.. Know how I know you've spent no time in photography and no time in graphics art? Because you think the colors are washed out.

The COLOR in the game is 100% fine.. If not perfect actually. All it needs is some minor contrast and brightness adjustments to remove the "washed out" look

I took a screenshot from a GIS I did.. Did a simple contrast and brightness adjustment and look at that.. It doesn't look washed out, colors pop, blacks are more black and gives more detail. I've been doing this a looooong time.. Believe me.. Colors aren't the problem. Figment of your imagination or terrible monitor calibration.

[​IMG]

9. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'm into photography and if you just change contrast and brightness you don't get a better photo. If you don't edit the raw quality of the photo itself, like saturation, highlights and shadows, color balance, etc then you are not doing it right.

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    [​IMG]

Seriously.. You are completely, utterly, and forever hopeless. You refuse to take advice because god forbid you show any signs your "mod" and changes are flawed. You are doing this for yourself.. That's good.. But you're doing it for yourself because you want all the credit.. Not because it's actually done right.

Enjoy the last seconds of your 15 minutes.. They're about up..

11. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Here are a couple shots i just took. Patch 1.03+TW0.7b+MyDoF&Settings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... i hate Time Warner Cable. :finger2:

12. Hologram

Hologram Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti OC 3GB
    Is there a version of 0.7 + uPlay patch + VASS Dof?

The one I'm running now causes my game to crash a few minutes into playing it.

13. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    here is my link, this one have a less intense DoF than before:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w8lczescl4003wc

let me know if you like

That's the version i uploaded earlier, download the latest here > http://www.mediafire.com/download/w8lczescl4003wc/

For sure we'll have multiple choices in the next release, no one will need to use color settings he dont like, settings that are easily changed...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  14. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    People don't seem to get out much, because if they did and took a look around in any major city, they'd see that Watch Dogs is very close to how things really look. The thing is, people seem to want their games to look like the world while wearing nice polarized sunglasses or while using a polarized filter on their camera. It looks better, but not more realistic.

15. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Styckx you are the only one here that keeps complaining about the mod changing nothing more than a "stupid dof" and a "overwhelming bloom" and when I show you changes that are not final you complain even more. I'm not going to answer you anymore because it seems straight trolling.

About the spotlight volumes I almost get them working, it is going to be more like a experimental feature because maybe you get some glitches with it.

16. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
  17. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    I'm a Level Designer.If tools are made i could model a light bulb.Then instance it but we need mapping tools for this to work.

18. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    You sir are in denial. I'm not trolling.. I've given advice, shown examples, and tried steering you in the right direction. You have a ton of people in this thread cheering you on because their screenshots get attention and "it's different".. In the end.. Your mod isn't playable. I'm not the only one who thinks it. It's fantastic for screenshots that look "deep" and "atmospheric" but in the long run it's a overly bloomed, glitchy shadowed, blurry mess that when it comes down to it.. Isn't really an improvement at all. It's a flawed tech demo.

And thus.. At the respect of the rest of the users here.. I will exit left of this thread..

Peace

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  19. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Shut the **** up god damn it man.Don't like it hit the road.

20. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I noticed something while watching a playthrough of watchdogs, it might help you figure out how to better style the dynamic headlight shadows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbf2I--Qf2w#t=12m43s

Notice the softer shadows being used, the reach above the heads of human characters, yet are projecting light correctly from below "upwards" so you dont see their head shadows at that particular distance. Also the headlight seem to project from one point and split the shadow into two very nicely, maybe differently than your per-headlight method?

So we learned that Watch_Dogs use a form of cinematic car headlight shadows (albeit scripted) that match the type of shadows used in the environment (soft shadows).

I hope this helps you to find the sweetspot for softness and style in your headlight shadows, because this means we can reach towards an actual goal for what the headlight shadows should look like, seeing the cutscene as an example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.