After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    What I said is just speculation really. If it ain't included, someone will include it for you. :)

2. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    They were EVGA GTX 680 graphics cards. Probably the 4gb version. I took a peek when nobody was around as did quite a few other people. There are pictures floating around on google if you're interested.

edit:

Reminds me of E3 2005 when Microsoft was showing off the Xbox 360 for the first time. At the Xbox booth where visitors could try out a few games that were far from finished, my curiosity as to why they did such a great job of not showing any connection between the display and the displayed console truly paid off. When nobody was around I went snooping where I didn't belong and discovered the games were being run on PowerMac G5 dual processor systems. I quickly snapped this photograph of the deceit but got busted in the process. Luckily they just told me that if they catch me in the microsoft booth again, they'll have me kicked out. lol.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    That's not at all true and it's obvious. I've requested a version for now until a Configurator version is made that only has stutter, performance and any other tweaks that are known not to cause an impact. I've also seen requests for links to the performance only patch, which I ended up using myself because it was the only alternative I saw.

Just the fact that MANY have requested less intense values on the added visual effects and the talk of a Configurator version forthcoming should make it obvious that meanwhile having a performance only version, or the scenario I mentioned above, would make a lot of sense.

I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into trying to make the game look as best as possible, and that it is exhausting and often involves little sleep. All the more reason to take it in baby steps and at least offer for now a tweak that just fixes performance issues and anything else that is known to have no impact and not involve personal preference visual effects values. The latter being one of the MAIN reasons many are still waiting.

The visual effects are obviously the main tweaks causing potential problems as well. For me version .06 involved a severe bug where one of the safehouses I visited looked extremely glowy as if in a photo negative with extreme contrast and bloom. It was so bad I couldn't see anything.

4. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Cool, I will see if I can see some.

5. Ridner

Ridner Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 280x
    Someone can tell me as i can change the timescale of The Worse mod?

6. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    HAAAAAAAA?!!!! Almost 4,500 posts?!! Woww! :eek:

But... NOTICE!!! Therefore, this thread will be closed.

7. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    ok done ! here's a guide on how to get your hud gone but ... we want it back so just change the 0's to 1's and you are all set !

So here we go:

(For Windows 7) Go to "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\*\GameProfile.xml" (Or figure out where GameProfile.xml is stored in your PC) and open this GameProfile.xml in text editor like Notepad.

In '<GameProfile....</GameProfile>' change :

UseCompassMiniMap="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" UseReticle="1" UseWaypoint="1" UseHintsAndTutorial="1" UsePdaNotification="1" UseMinimap="1" UseDynamicMission="1" UseItemAndRewards="1" UseMissionUpdate="1" UseFelony="1" UseEquipmentAndTools="1" UseAmbx="0"

to

UseCompassMiniMap="0" UseRoadSignHilight="0" UseSubtitles="0" UseReticle="0" UseWaypoint="0" UseHintsAndTutorial="0" UsePdaNotification="0" UseMinimap="0" UseDynamicMission="0" UseItemAndRewards="0" UseMissionUpdate="0" UseFelony="0" UseEquipmentAndTools="0" UseAmbx="0"

Point is to set all these values to 0.

Now start your game and enjoy gameplay with clean screen with no hints, no compass, no subtitles etc. You can also turn off few things or all of these options inside in-game menu too, but this is quick way.

Don't forget to backup GameProfile.xml before making any changes and if you find game launch is overwriting your changes then set GameProfile.xml file into read-only mode but make sure you change it back before you try to change settings from inside game menus.

Enjoy!! Watch Dogs !!

now after doing all of this im gonna wait a bit untill new release to be sure i don't screw things up u can always try for yourself if the 0.7 still works bacause after the pc update everything is gone from lights from cars to even the shadows sadly hope i was helpfull ! much love

8. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    I get very worried when I don't see TheWorse for a while lol.

9. xs1ngular1tyx

xs1ngular1tyx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ACX
    0.6 + sweetfx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    0.6 was the best IMO.

11. Hübie

Hübie Member

GPU:
    MSI TFG GTX 770 4GB @SLi
    Done! :pc1:

But i don't expect too much since the game seems to be faulty.

12. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Going over many of the hundreds of articles about this on the web I've rediscovered reading as a hobby. After years of tinkering with pc graphics to get the best visuals out of games (including Watch Dogs) and videos my interest in coverage of this mod has as I implied at the top rekindled what it's like to read something at length.

13. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    I made a longer frame time analysis and the mod performs definitely better for me.
    With ubisofts patch files there is more and longer stutter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Theres no "Stutter-fix"! Maybe its named different!? But then, whats the point...or is it "WD_Patch_Fix_2"? Speed is really bad btw!

@xs1ngular1tyx

Use ****ing spoilers newbie!

15. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theratedspear View Post
    @MaLDo

can u please upload "WATCH DOGS STUTTER FIX 2.0 by MaLDo" ?????? again ????
    Tnx.
    I really wanna play this mod.

I assumed this was JUST the stutter fix, but apparently not. Is there ANY mod version that ONLY addresses the stutter and performance issues? By now with all the people that have argued back and forth on differing visual effects value preferences, you would think it would be obvious one is sorely needed.
    This is what I've been saying ever since registering to talk about this, but modders only want to compete on whom does visuals best! It even escalates to silly bickering between them sometimes.

And no, the WD_Patch_Fix_2 is not just a performance "fix" patch as implied. It's a frigging 2GB file that allows you to run Ultra without stutter, but it contains all the .07 mod stuff too. I've yet to see a mod for just performance and low impact tweaks that don't involve personal preference visual effects values.

Modders, please put aside your competitive egos long enough to just cover the basics and offer a version that fixes performance issues. If you want to add in a couple no impact things like headlight shadows and camera angles that don't involve personal preference, fine, but please stop ignoring us!

I would think TheWorse having acknowledged a need for a configurator would have made him receptive to this by now.

16. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Lads don't run down Kadzait24 mod until you try the released version coming. I am a friend of most on here and i can personally tell you that Kadzait24 mod is uber amazing! I can't tell you or show you how i know for some private reasons.. But just trust me its amazing :)

17. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    *DOF intensifies*

Also @spider 4 GB card and still stuttering? Ultra or High textures? That's unacceptable really...

18. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    No for one reason .. DOF was too close ..

19. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    This means very little and is even contradictory. There's no such thing as a "released" version that is "coming". If it's "coming" it hasn't "released".

Secondly, most of what's being done in these mods is entirely personal preference, specifically regarding the intensity of effects like bloom, fog, smoke, etc. So you have your opinions and that's fine. What doesn't make sense is your ASSUMING we'll have the same opinion.

All you've done is make it obvious some are perpetually waiting for a version that may or may not be to their liking. Many here have already argued that many of the effects are too intense. In fact it's been such a debated topic that a configurator version was mentioned and is being worked on. Until that happens it seems obvious we need a version that just covers the basics that don't involve personal preference visual effects tweaks!!!!!

I mean am I talking to a brick wall here? :bang:

20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire

Man I am behind like 15 pages.This one for you sub making fun of my space-station.LOL added some snow flakes for fun,getting tired of rain.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.