After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
  2. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I should look into recording videos. Sometimes screenshots just aren't enough. But I have no idea where to start. I'd probably hate how youtube compresses **** anyways :(

3. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    hope this helps for the people who can't get sweetfx working just a bit of help i can contribute ! <3

Troubleshooting

These are just some quick tips for troubleshooting SweetFX. Most of this information is also in the SweetFX readme.

I will probably expand on things later on. If there are problems not listed here, you still have problems, or something is unclear, post a comment :)
    Game does not start / crashes on start

Write permission
    Try running the game as Administrator
    SweetFX require write access to the folder the game is in, for writing to a log file (called log.log). In later Windows versions, users don’t have write access to the default install area on the disk. You can either change the permissions on the folder so that you have write access there, or run the game as Administrator.
    log.log file
    If SweetFX have write permission to the folder, but the game still crash, there should be a file called “log.log” in the game folder. This might provide some information about the crash.
    Overlay
    SweetFX uses much of the same trick that overlays (like for example fraps, MSI Afterburner, Overwolf and so on), and sometimes they can step on each other’s toes. The result can be crash, instability, or just plain weird stuff. The injector SweetFX use do have some tricks for working with the Steam overlay, but the rest of them can (and probably will) cause problems. Try turning off all the overlay and/or video record programs and see if that makes a difference.
    Some have reported that Fraps work if it’s started AFTER the game is running.
    d3dx9_43.dll missing
    If this comes up, you need to install the latest DirectX version. You can find the latest version here.
    Split install
    Some games (mostly the ones using the Unreal Engine) needs to have a split install of SweetFX, where some files are put into the bin or bin32 subfolder
    The files to put in the subfolder are: d3d9.dll , dxgi.dll and injector.ini

SweetFX does not do magic

Wrong directory
    Make sure you’ve selected the right directory. Some games need to have it put in a subfolder (usually bin or bin32)
    If SweetFX loads, there should be a log.log file in the game’s directory.
    Antialiasing
    Some games use a postprocessor step for antialiasing, and this can overwrite SweetFX’s changes to the image.
    Try turning off ingame antialiasing. SweetFX have a SMAA filter that can compensate (sometimes even better than the original, and with less overhead)
    Not supported title
    Some games are just plain out not supported. Games using OpenGL or old DirectX versions are not supported, and a few games are not injectable at all.
    64bit games
    The injector only support 32bit programs. Run the 32bit version of the game :)

4. M.A.H

M.A.H Guest

GPU:
    CROSSFIRE R9 290 Tri-X
    Watchdogs is only 64bits.

use boulotors sweetfx for 64bits executables.

5. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    try vimeo instead?

6. Sean Rubin

Sean Rubin Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8330 1 GB
    You have done fantastic work, TheWorse. Thank you so much.

7. KrabbitNL

KrabbitNL Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 680 2gb
    Made an account just to ask this.
    I've been following this thread for quite some time now, however I haven't come across an answer to this;
    The day and night cycle is to fast with this "Mod"
    I'm using MalDo's stutter fix 2.0 together with the worse's 0.7v "mod"
    The problem is, the day and night cycle is far too fast, and I can't open the patch.dat file because it's too big for notepad++

Anyone know how to slow down the day and night cycle, dramatically? I like long days and long nights

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

These were changed in defaultgamesettings.xml, that's why.

Hour = "13"
    Minutes = "30"
    Seconds = "0" <- (These three control the default starting time of the game.)
    TimeScale = "30" <- (This is how many times faster the game is than realtime so 1 would mean 1 hour is 60 minutes and 2 would mean it's 30 minutes and so on.)

I think these are the default values and TimeScale was 55 or so in the mod.

9. matt1314

matt1314 New Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 4090
    So how can we unpack the files, change the values and pack them again?

10. mikeyca

mikeyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC 2GB
    Your screenshots are beautiful--I'd love to see video footage from you. Since you're running 600 series cards, you can use ShadowPlay that's built into GeForce Experience for recording. YouTube does compress, but if you use ShadowPlay's highest quality setting, it should still look great. Vimeo is better at not compressing video, but free accounts are limited on upload space.

11. InsomniaENB

InsomniaENB Guest

GPU:
    Old and slow
    Hey! First timer here on Guru3D.
    I opened the patch.dat in Notepad and saw a lot of variables and pararameters...
    This is surely quite obvious for you all, but not for me. Can I change values in there and save? Feeling kinda lost lol. I only know ENB...
    Thanks for some great work!
    It's good to have some DoF in W_D. ^^

12. neoglow

neoglow Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW SLI x2
    Check the 1st post, there is a guide to installing the mod, it is very easy to do.

13. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

I absolutely agree. It makes the game look natural and realistic. No over saturation. Right colors and right lighting.

14. Andrés

Andrés Guest

15. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080

Hi again @Maldo, just tried your stuttering test 2.0.

I have the exact same results as my previous test with your first patch.fat/dat, stuttering reduced about 90% but this time without extreme texture aliasing :) thanks and keep up the good work!

16. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Bug found with v0.7.

If LOD is set to High, smoke from damaged cards will artefact (Square shapes inside the smoke).

And sorry to be a pain but can someone quickly copy/paste Maldo stutter fix v2 mod?

Thanks.

17. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    does anyone know how to get rid of the highlights when you can hack sth, the pop-up of what button to press to hack/climb/ride tec, and the battery icon? thank you

18. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    The bloom is not that bad to me, it looks nice. Yes it is somewhat more bloom than before installing the E3ish unlock mod (.7) but it looks better actually. Not using Sweetfx. Maybe the bloom is not so pronounced on a 2560x1440 native monitor as opposed to a 1080 native one? I know that may sound silly that the monitor size would make a difference. Would posting screens of the bloom show it effectively that it's not too bright for me?

Also what about the quality of a high end monitor? I have a Samsung 27" 1440 led S27B970 costing $999. The reason for the higher price according so some opinion is for its built in calibration system that recalibrates each time it starts up. Maybe this model with its own calibration and visual quality is making bloom and just about every other graphic aspect of WD look wonderful. What I'm seeing in WD could approach the gfx of Crysis 3 and Witcher 2.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  19. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    i don't know how to fix your problem, but i do know that you can open the files in notepad++

20. tanman

tanman Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680
    Yep, I noticed the square smoke too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.