After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolishTechGuy

PolishTechGuy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780GHz
    Yeah but Vanilla colors look so washed-off it's ridiculous.

2. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Yeah, not only that, but it's really hard to judge where the mod is going when TheWorse posts such overly sharpened SweetFx shots. Just show the mod only so we know what's being changed. Some of us don't use SweetFX at all (like... me).

3. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    No, This works along side TheWorse Mod. It has an installer/uninstaller for his mod built in if you want to use it as well.

4. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Follow-up-question: I don't use the ultra preset. I'd like to keep my custom settings for performance reasons.

Is there any way to change these in the patch.dat for some kind of "custom" id? There is one named "custom" but I guess I'd still have to set my GamerConfig.xml to the same ID and I don't want to do this. Mhm...

5. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Not sure I'm afraid.

Also I make sure to upload sweetfx files for the youtube vids.

6. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    I'm 99% confident you don't have to use ultra or high to take advantage of the changes. I'm not sure if the lack of transparency on what settings this actually affects is intentional or if they are too busy to really care to explain.

7. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Ok!
    I'll test this afternoon. :)
    I missed part of the conversation, but what are your tips for optimized use of your software?
    In terms of graphics or other parameters.
    Thank you.

8. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    Mhm...well, what do I miss if I don't use those values?

Have to say, it already looks pretty brilliant with v0.7b (Vaas version with dynamic DoF for normal camera) and your SweetFX. I'd even use your SweetFX for vanilla I guess, it is a very cool yet subtle upgrade of the vanilla graphics. Just how I like my SweetFX. :)

9. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    ^This.

10. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    It currently has two presets you can choose from, "Low" which gives you the best performance at the least cost of visual quality - aimed for those with weak PC's... and Ultra, which in theory should give you bettery visual quality than setting the game to Ultra in-game or setting the Quality to Ultra in the XML.

Other than that YMMV with each setting. I had a lot of reports lowering Geometry helped a lot without too much visual quality loss.

11. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    completely agree. I use sweetFX to get an idea of where i want it to go. after that I try and adjust the files that came with the game accordingly. I mean I understand that he uses it to save time, but i think he should always upload two images. 1 with sweetfx and one without. I haven't used sweetFX much, but i believe there is a on/off hotkey, so he could just freeze time, and take the same shot twice.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There is no fix until we see a patch.

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    They claiming their mods fix stuttering, at least a bit. But all of them put crazy graphics in their mods, and not use vanilla stuff, whats the thing of removing stutter if you play at 20fps ? WTF

14. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    I'm afraid I have to agree with jim2point0, SweetFX should be something the users choose can add on themselves, allowing the option for users to enjoy the mod without added performance loss.

What I mean is that this mod is exciting to us for unlocking hidden stuff in the game files, not for using SweetFX.

Edit: With that said, I'm really excited to know if TheWorse had been digging around looking for other hidden enhancements to possibly apply to the game, or share the information with the community in hopes that we can all band together and help uncover more (many heads are better than one).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  15. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    +11111111111111

16. Xbob42

Xbob42 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    The enhanced graphics have almost literally no performance impact (and sometimes have improved performance for some people) for the vast majority of players.

17. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    to help me, I will remove my GameProfile.xml before using your software. I read on the first page of this topic it might help me.

18. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  19. cemnahit

cemnahit Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    Hi @TheWaste there is a big problem with your patch that when aiden is in buildings HDR or Time Of Scale changes and becomes too bright or too dark outside.

This ruins some in building missions so badly. Are you looking into this issue as well ?

Thanks.

20. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    If you delete your gamerProfile you will break the program, leave your gamerprofile where it is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.