After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black007

Black007 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 760 2gb
    They are all differents. I recommend you to try some of them and choose the one you like most. Just put the files (patch.dat and patch.fat) inside your data_win64 folder.

Also you can download from the page 1,#25 the second .mega link. Put the xml file inside C:\Users\"xx"\Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\"xx"
    Don't do anything with the other files in the .rar, they are "old".

2. sulaiman.almani

sulaiman.almani Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3gb

Thanks man, Just what i wanted.

3. sulaiman.almani

sulaiman.almani Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3gb
    1.Do These files give "Ultra" settings or should I customize the graphics settings myself?
    2.These files give every feature of the MOD mentioned in the first post?

4. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    As nice as it looks in screenshots with the DOF - I really don't know how anyone can play the game like that. It's like playing with really bad cataracts

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'm really glad that the community helps each other without problems and people like vaas make different options for people to choose, I don't remember all the names but thanks all of you for helping and making this better and better!

I'll try to implement anamorphic lensflares to work properly, and I'm trying to force some textures and shaders quality so this gets better! I still need more time to experiment with the lighting so i will bring more news later

6. levcat

levcat Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290
    What's funny is that he was on reddit r/pcmasterrace earlier giving people "comparisons" of the mod and conveniently asking for donations.

7. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Great!!

Meanwhile

https://mega.co.nz/#!bYV0zIbT!6V9SizenJhCtHBRuPAtPOMqNwIv8loffyOu1YnwEUlM

8. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Asking for donations on the pcmasterrace? lol, some people told me to post the link so I did it, and I also said that its not necessary, just if they really really wanted to.

And very nice MalDo! Downloading right now :)

9. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
  10. stained7

stained7 Guest

GPU:
    Nvdia
    Just installed it. Noticed that my minimap has no icons what so ever. And that whenever i aim with my gun, there is no reticle. So idk where im aiming. Also the headlights tend to flicker sometimes(idc about that as much though but still) Anyone know how to fix?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

11. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Maybe you should tell the whole story....

That's the guy TheWorse responded to with his paypal link.

Ya know... I'm just gonna block all the trolls that come in here only to harass TheWorse. It's getting pretty childish.

12. Xilandro

Xilandro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    Finally managed to make a quick vid =)
    youtu.be/AcZ7uZLBigo

13. gimmeit

gimmeit Guest

GPU:
    -
    Thanks so much for all your hard work.

My opinion, for what its worth, I like the depth of field effect and don't want to disable it.

However I have to because the intensity of the effect is at least twice as heavy as it should be, perhaps could stand to be even 1/4 as intense.

When youre standing in front of a building looking at it, it is not out of focus, whether it be using your eyes or viewing through a camera with a lens like this.

City buildings far into the distance should be out of focus. Not something that is 50 metres away.

That all being said, this still looks amazing. I love the bloom of the lights and the shadows of objects moving as you drive near them with your headlights. Much closer to the standard I was expecting from this game.

Thanks again.

14. golguth

golguth Guest

GPU:
    GTX670
    Great Job Theworse, tested this week, amazing !
    Usually not a big fan of DOF but in your 0.7 version I find it ok and not too high, great.

Hope it will still be possible after Ubi patch.

oh and please, don't feed the trolls (rule number one on all forums ;-)).

cheers,
    Gauth

15. RichterBelmont

RichterBelmont Guest

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Can you link me Kadazait Youtube and mods?

16. Black007

Black007 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 760 2gb
    1.Yes, but you can change some options if your pc doesn't support every option at ultra. Read some threads to learn a little bit more about how to do it.
    2.Yes

17. W.Axl_Rose

W.Axl_Rose Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X WindForce 3X
    TheWorse

Why the DOF disappears inside cars or when you are running?

18. Xilandro

Xilandro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 DC2
    It's not my business, but I'm kinda tired of "stealing!!1" and "fabulous new mods". a) Heavy rain vids are awesome no matter what. Vanilla game is also fabulous when it's raining; b) No "new" mods. No mods at all. Tweaks - yes. Mods? No; c) Can you call one stealing tweaks? If valuse are the same - yes. If values are different - call it new tweaks. It's just like SweetFX, or ENB. Same possibilities for everyone, but every single preset is unique and different. Same here; d) While "Kadazait is showing off", TheWorse is working on new lighting model for W_D.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  19. RichterBelmont

RichterBelmont Guest

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    No download links, uh? :(

20. Benuva

Benuva Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX760 OC 2Gb
    Kadz "mod" changed nothing, TW "mod" changed everything; for me at least. That's all I care.

The only thing Kadz did was mess a bit with a few XML lines and take screenshot in tricky angles and different time of day. Then he started bashing on everything and everyone, and trolling. Then he got banned.

Keep defending him if you want, or probably you are just another fake account of his. In that case more and more shame on you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.