After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    I fixed it, but thanks. It seems, my backups of the gamerprofile wheren't true back-ups as I already modified the HUD. At least now i have a true backup folder with all original files.

Off to tweaking for fps gains again :D

2. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    Is there any reason we're instructing newbies to edit their XML file instead of just going into game and setting the graphics to "Ultra" from there?

3. wtsenis

wtsenis Guest

GPU:
    gtx 770 2gb
    Hi,

Where can i find the watch dogs map in documents to place the engine files there ?
    I can't find it in my games or elsewhere.

4. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    ok! Everthing is good. :)
    Now, for me, i'm trying to overclock my PC for more performance, but i'm a newbie in overcloking.

And, last night i delete the patch of TheWorse, i'll cry. This patch really change the game and without that, the game look ordinary...

5. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    they will still have to change their Gamerprofile to read-only, don't they?! ^^ So when they have it they might aswell take a look at it and maybe further understand how they can make basic changes to their games in the future :)

6. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    You'd be surprised how many people will not do this step correctly though.
    I also don't see why you have to set it to read only since changing quality to ultra (in game) isn't going to revert or change by itself.

7. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
  8. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    Download and run this, it will show you where your game is installed:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/rf2i04g7w18qzqd

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I was wondering the same thing....

10. wtsenis

wtsenis Guest

GPU:
    gtx 770 2gb
    (my pc see it as a virus...)
    i have a the repack version of WD

11. CairnisReed

CairnisReed Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680
    Repack is a term used to signify a pirated version of the game, which is not something supported here

12. matt1314

matt1314 New Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 4090
    Amazing mod, I have to thank TheWorse for all the work he put into it. Still there are some bugs left which hopefully will be eliminated soon. Other than that it's phenomenal!

I'm going back to the vanilla state of the game as the day and night cycle is not optimal for me and it rains way too often IMO. When it's back to the vanilla state (maybe in v0.8), I'll put the mod back on. Keep it up! :)

13. tudort

tudort Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    Hy guys, I'm new to the forum but have been reading and watching your comments closely. I'm eagerly waiting for my copy of watch dogs to arrive , and in the meantime i'm looking to familiarize myself with the basics of modding the game. The visuals look ''sick'' , congrats to Mr. Worse for doing a damn good job so far. I'm using Ati as my graphics unit for this game, hoping that my 3gb of gddr5 will cope with the ultra textures of this badboy game. I've understood that sweetFx can be used for post-processing visuals on a color basis , while the patch actually unlocks hidden potential in the game's graphical engine . I am working on making the sweetFx win 8.1 friendly for me and as soon as i get the game i shall test out the various presets available in order to see which works best with the latest and greatest patch file ! Keep up the good work guys !

14. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
  15. sadiqnaseer

sadiqnaseer Guest

GPU:
    corsair vengence 8GB (2x)
    So i followed the directions to the best of my ability (i didn't see runtime, i saw normal). It seemed like all i was doing was changing the graphics setting. I don't know if i missed something or not.

16. assleak

assleak Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6620G
    ^ Up

While actually i'm impressed how much the mod improved (GJ TheWorse!), sadly my rig (currently using notebook right now) is not-so-good the low preset still having lag so much, so releasing performance mod is much appreciated. Actually i like to turn off and on the effect that necessary so it will look beautiful without having so much lag :nerd:

or there will be another thread for this?

thx! -sorry 4 bad english :(

17. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Does anyone have the latest watchdogs config tool with "theworse mod" options?

18. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    I have had trouble with it in the past without read-only enabled...

19. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    I'm not sure why. 9K users on my configuration tool which rebuilds the xml with new values, and it does not set the file to read-only. Even still none of the settings change/revert once the game is loaded unless a setting in the options is changed

20. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.