Uncharted 4 A Thief’s End

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    but but but there was one pc exclusive announced :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teH5Oowj-J8

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I never suggested in my post that AMD and nVidia should make a studio together. I said they should make a studio. As in, their own studios. Each to cater to the strengths (bullsh*t gimmicks) of their cards.

Mantle is a non-issue. Until developers bother to make high profile exclusives for pc again, what api they use to bring over a port is irrelevant.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    My biggest problem with Crysis 3 is like the first two, it's a chore to play. It's an interactive tech demo. Man those games are just terrible imo. That being said, I agree that the original Crysis has more going for it. It was the last true blockbuster PC-Exclusive (with exception to warhead, the expansion).

The original Crysis has some rough textures in spots these days, but overall people tend to forgive the fact that part 2 and 3 were designed for consoles. They're crippled console ports, on pc hardware. Crytek took an engine that had console in mind and simply sprinkled some extra effects on top of it to give pc gamers a few bragging rights (at an extreme performance cost).

The original Crysis was built from the ground up with dx10. It had no limitations of console. Imo, it was the last big pc exclusive. I found it boring after the initial fun of being invisible for 10 seconds in the jungle, but it was and still is a gorgeous game.

I see these B.S groups like "The PC Gaming Alliance" and wonder what the hell do they do for PC gaming? I see all these statistics of how well PC gaming is really selling, especially digitally. I see many gamers prefer PC, even if for a console port to run it at a higher resolution and smoother frames. All these positive things I do not ignore, but developers seem to. Pirating made PC the red headed step child back in 2007 ironically with Crysis and the PC has been dumped since and no longer a machine to do any sort of exclusives that aren't "free-to-play", to avoid the issue of piracy. Even though sales suggest otherwise.

Steam is honestly the only thing keeping PC gaming somewhat leveled. Games like Day Z and Goat simulator are the exclusives, they're fun, little quaint games with a niche market. But they are not Quake, or Doom, or Unreal Tournament, or even leisure suit Larry. It's not enough to justify buying all the hardware and upgrades, but it is enough to justify there is a market still to be had with PC games, yet it goes ignored.

It's not that I want PC gaming to die. I'm more than willing to drain my savings once every year or two for a new gpu/cpu. I like my keyboard and mouse, I've been pc gaming for so long. But at the end of the day, consoles are getting all the attention and innovation and as a gamer, that makes me have to turn my back on PC. The same game in higher resolution and smoother frames isn't enough for me to justify spending my money. I need real exclusives.

5. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Finally, one game, it changes everything man :D

we will get one tasty bone :D
    [​IMG]

But here's what I really expected :wanker:
    [​IMG]

at least we still have Nvidia Demos, like "a new dawn":nerd:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  6. Cortana

Cortana Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB
    Yeah but Naughty Dog cutscenes looked always better than the actual gameplay. I'm sceptical till I see gameplay videos.

7. DarkSidesHero

DarkSidesHero Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7990
    I'm actually glad this will be the last one. I'm hoping for some amazing vistas in this. Specifically that jungle chapter. Them God Rays shall be glorious!

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    hahah :D

9. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    True.

In-engine =/= in-game.

If they aim for 1080p/60 something will have to give.

The problem is you can't really say that without having sonytards jumping down your throat. PS4 fanboys are by an landslide the worst fanbase of all gaming IMO. If you don't believe me then visit Neogaf once in a while, you will see for yourself.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Does one forum represent the whole user base?

Console gamers can be ignorant, but pc gamers can be arrogant.

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I think consoles gamers are much worse from my experience.
    Ignorant, and tech illiterate.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What are you trying to say by the item youve quoted. Do you agree with it, or disagree with it?

13. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I was just giving an example of a sad PS4 zealot.
    Definitely not what you want to become.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So to be perfectly clear..

You dont agree with that article.. correct?

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    That's not an article it's an incredibly dumb post.
    Needless to say I do not share the POV of this person.

The UC4 trailer looks good as do every ND game. I missed the Jak & Daxter days though.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I find this interesting tbh.

example

-game x comes out

-i will get it for pc, because it is the best version, higher resolution , specific pc features , higher framerate. AA. consoles are a waste of money.

-game comes out, tons of bugs, unplayable to some extend. will take many months to fix (if its fixed at all). While console version plays fine.

-conspiracies are then made. AMD payed for this title to make it run bad on Nvidia, or NVIDIA payed developers to make to make it run bad on AMD cards. I will never buy another title from them again, i will pirate it from now on. then the list comes up why amd or nvidia is bad , and their own brand is the bomb and would never do this.

I dont know about you but i have seen this many many times on this forum, and it could also be labeled as Ignorant, and tech illiterate imho.

Fanboyism creates a tunnelvision for people and restricts them to only one choice. Glad im not part of that world :banana:

Now its good that not everyone responds like that, but im sure its the same as the ps4 guy you quoted.

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Anyone for me over the the age of 18 and defends one chosen gaming platform over another and use words like consolites, pc elite are silly child minded adults, who go to the extreams to justify there purchase with idiotic quotes, its easy for people to vent anger behind a vdu.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I dont care if its a direct quote from the Queen, written down by Barack Obama's left foot on piece of toilet paper charlie sheen did lines off.

The point is, that if you disagree with or find it difficult to accept the jist of that article/post, then its not them who has the mental health issue.

19. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I stand by what I said. I genuinely believe the PC community to be more mature and level headed.
    This forum is one proof of that by the way. :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But your own comments suggest otherwise.