After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Oh! nice.
    Im gonna try this after work.

Did you change that setting directly in the game? Or the gameprofile.xml?

2. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    I would assume (hope) that one could combine the old files with the new ones if they erase the progress made by TheWorse so far. Basically leaving us with the best of both worlds ^^

3. Tim96

Tim96 Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce GTX 770 2GB
    I found that changing settings in-game does not change the mod at all. Everything works fine for me even after changing settings in-game. When I installed the mod, before launching I did change the xml to Ultra. Then in-game i tweaked it to high textures and 2x TXAA. Hope this helps.

4. LastDreamy

LastDreamy Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    Hey vTune ! Thanks for pming me, unfortunetaly due to my account i can't reply so i will do here :

I think i was just little dumb and rushed the installation. Somehow, i don't get any lightning/contrast change, the game is the same, tho i always feel it gets better but it's nothing compared to the screens i've saw. I guess even if the patchs files are in the right folder, it's not recognized or even used, since there's no bloom or sweetfx effect in the game, i wonder what i failed in there :/

What i did so far :

- Deleted the Watch_Dogs folder in My Documents
    - Restarded the game so it comes back
    - Put the patch files in the right win folder
    - Launch the game, put all on Ultra and High textures

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014

5. tanman

tanman Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680
    She says no game downgrade, but she does not specifically address graphics

6. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    +1
    Changing the settings in-game doesn't seem to affect the mod (v0.7) :)

7. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I never said putting ultra inside the gamerprofile would make the mod work better :p You can use the settings you want, I just did the ultra thing for people that want to use it easy. Which clearly made a lot of confussion so I'll remove that.

8. DarkSidesHero

DarkSidesHero Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7990
    So therefore everyone attacking her about graphics need to chill out when she obviously was talking about gameplay.

9. kampi71

kampi71 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980ti OC
    I think the best solution would be, that Ubisoft would fully implement all those graphical possibilites to patch them as selectable options in the games setting menu and let them "free" for us PC users so to speak. If that's going to happen, well.....we'll have to wait and see.

10. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    She replied to a question regarding the graphics. Still, she seems to be pretty low in the food chain at Ubisoft ^^

https://twitter.com/UbiTessa/status/478622295662297088

11. Tim96

Tim96 Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce GTX 770 2GB
    Haha, not how I understood it. I personally did it so I could start of at an Ultra base ground and work my way down to get the optimal fps with the best visuals and fps on my rig. Simple as that :)

12. Krakenous

Krakenous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 2GB
    MalGo:

Your patch did wonders :), for about 10 minutes...then the stuttering came back, then it went, then it sorta dipped in and out lol.

It must be a memoery leak or something, im not sure! However, it really did make a huge difference so thanks!

This was at the settings described but also DOF + blur disabled and temporal AA.

13. ZiggyManSaad

ZiggyManSaad Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660 Ti OC PE
    This is supposed to be a .rar when dropped into the data_win64 folder, correct?

If so, I'm not getting any of the visual improvements.

14. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Thank You TheWorse!

TheWorse, I would like to thank you an anyone else who found these hidden files in Watch Dogs. I have a GTX Titan and I would love to help test any new patches you have available. I am really excited to see Watch Dogs return to its original graphics!

I am astounded at the stupidity of Ubisoft for gimping the PC version of Watchdogs by the way. I have to ask, are you planning on bringing back the large explosion from the gas station in E3 like with all the particles, fire and sound effects? Also didn't E3 have better fire effects coming out of the guns? Will you bring that back as well? I also have a feeling there were some extra car textures that were hidden due to the downgrade in car detail of maybe it was just the lighting.

15. SuddenFool

SuddenFool Guest

GPU:
    660 GTX 2GB ram
    so is the a High or Medium setting for this cuz my graphic card is utter garbage " Nvidia Gforce 660 GTX " ?

16. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    I was under the impression that it only works in ultra. In retrospect that seems pretty stupid :D

If they do, then they better credit TheWorse and give him a golden cookie!

17. Guth

Guth Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 3GB
    Hey I registered to say I love this mod. The only thing is the depth of field, is it supposed to be this blurry so close?
    I can hardly see anything!

oh I cant post images

imgur com/Ewk1RKc.jpg

18. OUT FOX EM

OUT FOX EM Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 (x2)
    It's pretty damn sad that Ubisoft would purposely disable high-end graphics settings to make the consoles look better. I'm glad I didn't buy this game. Looks like the same is already happening with The Division too.

It's also pretty damn sad that anyone would complain about a FREE mod that costs them nothing, yet cost the modder so much of his time.

Just say thank you and be on your way. Or don't say anything at all.

19. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    no! extract the rar and drop the two patch files from the camera you want into the data_win64 folder. :)

20. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    It's going to be a huge disaster for them. I hope every developer will learn a lesson from this. I just can't believe they would lie to our faces and say that it isn't downgraded when it obviously is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.