SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinzou

Shinzou Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 660ti, 2GB
    Thanks Boulotaur, I will give your suggestion a shot after work.

2. Epironron

Epironron Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX780 XLR8 x2
    Hello,

Kinda new here (even if I look at the news every day), just wanna add some informations regarding Shinzou questions.

First of all, thanks a lot for your hard work, all 4 of you, I tried Boulotaur's package yesterday and manage it to work on Wildstar (32b, W8.1) with even 3DVision enabled (at 6000x1080 res) but I barely get 40/20 fps(stereo on single card).

Weird thing was, after a couple of successful tries (still get the dll error message tho), I didn't have to put the -dx9 anymore, the game was still running it by default.
    I'm wondering if it's all about the Microsoft Virtual store or stuff like that, didn't have much time left to work at it a bit more.

Like Shinzou, I would like to run EFX with FFXIV 64b and Wildstar dx11 (11.2 in my case), I'm fully aware that it probably won't work at all but still, already managed to make a package from K-butt EFX + SweetFX one (from june) and the latest files from EFX.

I just have a couple of questions regarding this:

- Do we still need to use Boulotaur's pack in order to run 64b apps ?
    - Does MSAA and FXAA work with EFX (13/11/24) ? With dx11.2 ?
    - Don't understand why dxgi and d3d dll are the exact same, would you mind explaining this to me ?
    - In order to avoid any shader trouble, which options should I disable in my sweetfx config file ? (I'll try the differents hooks from eFX.ini)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  3. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I'm not sure what you mean about FFXIV 64b. The game is 32 bit only? unless you mean 'EFX with SweetFX 64b' and accidentally put FFXIV?

Also, 6000x1080 in 3D is pretty demanding even with dual 780s SLI. I'm not sure switching the injector is going to get you 60 fps, lol.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  4. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    No one probably cares.
    [||New Film Grain Texture||]
    But I made a different/higher quality Grain texture (in the same 24-bit compressionless format. In 2048x2048 instead of 512x512) for Boulotaur2024's WIP injector.

Screenshot comparison

New Grain Settings
    You can modify as needed of course.

DL Link
    - (Simply rename the old "GRAIN.DDS" and put this one in it's place)

EDIT: I must have done something wrong though. Because I cannot reproduce the same result in DX11. (Just darkens the screen slightly instead of applying the grain like it does in DX9)

Strange.

So for the moment. DX9 only

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014

5. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Neat. Downloading now.

6. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    Yeah lol I had the same issue exactly a year ago when I tried to change the original grain texture for something higher quality... I guess it's about finding the right .dds transparency options... I gave up shortly after...

Film grain would be much better if it was dynamically generated like Avisynth GrainFactory3, I remember the processed output with this thing was really convincing on videos. Googling around I see some people asked for a pixel shader conversion of GrainFactory. Interesting

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Ah yeah I see. I know it needs to be greyscale, I wonder if the grain has to be somehow semi transparent with an alpha channel and then just finding the right DDS settings to save it with?

It'd be cool if making a shader version of GF3 would be possible.

We can dream right? hah

8. bob1smith1

bob1smith1 New Member

GPU:
    gainward gs glh gtx 460
    i can't get sweetfx to work with dota 2, can i have some help please?
    it works with all my other games just not dota 2, when i try and click play on dota 2 it tries to open a window for the game but nothing happens. i've tried putting all the sweetfx files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta and the game launches fine but sweetfx doesnt work.

i then tried extracting all files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\bin

this is where the game tries to launch but can't.

i then read that you put all the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta and only move d3d9.dll and injector.ini into
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\bin. again the game launches but the window never opens and the game does not play.

i've tried using radeonpro with sweetfx, this time the game launches and the toggle does say "sweetfx on" and "sweetfx off" in game but nothing happens.

ive tried disabling msiafterburner, rivatuner osd, radeonpro and any other third party programs. nothing seems to make it work?

9. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I have this problem with watch dogs and sweetfx when I try to use the gaussian filter it works different than most games, idk if it's supposed to work like that or something..

btw I love it, the shaders, the customization, everything. I simple love it.

10. insert989

insert989 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    First-class thing

11. LionAUT

LionAUT Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Just managed it to get SweetFX/RadeonPro working with Win8.1 x64 and Watchdogs.

Problem was MSI Afterburner, forgot to deactivate the Statistic Server Overlay.

12. Ales

Ales Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X
    Hi,I'm a newer.

Does anyone know how to use SweetFX on old system games like POSTAL 2 Steam Version?
    That's use DirectX 8 not 9 and Unreal Engine 2.

I tried on Configurator with SweetFX 1.5.1,but not affected.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  13. Questionier

Questionier Guest

GPU:
    Gt 740m 2GB
    I have a problem with SweetFX. My game freezes when I install it into game folder. I did a lot of testing with SweetFX files (I have been removing some files from the folder, changing format).

The result of my tests was: d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll
    These 2 files cause game freeze and crash when they are put in game folder.
    The game I use is very old.
    I've also opened all game files (took about a hour for me to check them all)
    Few files are programmed in Lua (I think) script.
    The rest of the files text was unreadable, it was mix of Japanese and English characters.
    Both game files and d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll are identical in scripting language.

Can someone help me solve this issue with my game not liking d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll?

P.S I've noticed game file called Options.cfg, it has game settings ( just like SweetFX_Settings.txt does ). When the first time I installed SweetFX files into game directory everything with game was fine, but the SweetFX wouldn't work. So I changed SweetFX_Settings.txt into SweetFX_Settings.cfg and SweetFX_Preset.txt into SweetFX_Preset.cfg . After that SweetFX works, but the game freezes and crashes, I even set game options on low.

14. prtpj

prtpj Guest

GPU:
    GTX 550ti
    SweetFX on ESO with D3D11

Hi, I would like to know if is possible play ElderScrolls Online with SweetFX and D3D11.

I tried many things, looked on google (maybe I has missed the correct words on search).
    I followed the instructions from this link below:
    sfx . thelazy . net / games / game / 467

Tried method 1 and 2. The SFX, only enabled, when I changed D3D11 to D3D9 on Usersettings.txt

I read SFX works fine with DirectX 11 and Windows 7 64.

So, what am I doing wrong? Or for while, isnt possible use SFX in ESO with D3D11?

15. Questionier

Questionier Guest

GPU:
    Gt 740m 2GB
    Okay my game doesn't like d3d9.dll. It seems the game already has file r3d9.dll which is 3D wrapper renderer. So is there a way to install SweetFX on this game?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Lads,
    can we expect some further updates on sweetFX in future?
    Are there somewhere modified (or new) shader files which were not originally in sweetFX package?

17. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Yes you can expect more updates to SweetFX in the future, in fact you can see what CeeJay has planned for future versions on the second post of the first page.

As for packages with modified/new shaders there is only one, it's K-putt's updated shaders for Boulotaur's injector. Basically he updated Boulotaur's injector to 1.5.1 shaders and added Chromatic aberation, though I believe CeeJay is either going to work on making one or is currently working on it, not quite sure.

Anyway, you can grab that here:

-> DOWNLOAD HERE
    -> Ge.tt - http://ge.tt/4CpDyZt/v/0
    -> Dropcanvas - http://dropcanvas.com/iz7s1
    -> Dropbox - http://goo.gl/qiXHtr

18. Seguleh

Seguleh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I just found out about this. Pretty sweet, thanks!

19. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I've seen mention of SweetFX 1.6 in a few places is this real as I've seen some dll's floating around? if so does it support Win8.1 at last?

20. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    I don't believe it's real, because the authors discontinued SFX and changed the name from SweetFX to eFX and it might get changed again because they're working on a third iteration that should be 100% compatible with win 8.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.