After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    I'd be obliged to "think for myself". You could add a few instructions on how to open the dat-files and change options. That'll make people stop asking. :)

2. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    I hope version 0.8 contain e3 gas station explosion and better lighting.. great job theworse!!!

3. zaboleqqq

zaboleqqq Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR
    Hi,

Can anyone tel me what is this jim2point0's CT? I think that TheWorse have mentioned about his posting some screenshot but I can't find this jim2point0's CT in google :F. Is this it similar "fix" for better cars like in GTA IV? Where I can find it?

4. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Making instructions to change effects and such is not something easy to explain and many people will not understand anyways. I'm trying to make this easier for everyone, and 0.x Version means that is not final and should not be considered a fully working version

5. UnknDoomer

UnknDoomer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Zotac GTX 770 4Gb
    Hello. Mod supports Windows 8.1? Or I do not notice the effect, or the difference is small ... Anyway afternoon maybe...

6. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Very nice keep up the good work! If you need any help drop me a line, I work developing video games :).

7. madorax

madorax Member

GPU:
    Jetstream 970
    i'm using 8.1 and it's fine. maybe you doing it wrong. you only need to copy those 2 file to ...\WATCH_DOGS\data_win64

and play. don't change any graphic setting in game options otherwise it will reset to it's default state.

if you want to change, change it in your gameprofile.xml

8. Jay_ombie

Jay_ombie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti (3gb)
    Came in to congratulate the author of this fine mod.

I have a couple of questions,

I am using SWEETFX, and when I try to take it out the game will not load so decided to leave it in for now so will SWEETFX conflict with this mod ?

What happens when the new patch comes out with GPU additional options they said they be including ?

9. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080

jim2point0's CT and guide for amazing screenshots:
    http: / / deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/221/watch-dogs

Please Unreal, share your SweetFX settings :)

10. Glasofruix

Glasofruix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I don't use sweet fx.

11. register128

register128 Guest

GPU:
    ASus GTX 1080 STRIX OC
    @ Cortana

I've seen your post here at this FOrum, with the 3 Screenshots attached.

Can't post the links here.
    ------------

Your screenshots are looking really amazing? Is this the "THE WORSE 0,7+FIX" Version?
    Do you changed any other setting to create this great Look??

Thank YOU

12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    i meant that for TheWorse his config on your screenshot without sweetfx compared to the default Engine colorgrading setup.

Btw did someone noticed any Water Droplets from Objects in the World while it's Raining like shown in the E3 Demo ?

For example you could see them on this Sign also street lamps it dripped off from.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  13. durjoy184

durjoy184 Guest

GPU:
    I5-2500K @ 4.5GHz
    everything is perfect, and what you are doing is truly mindblowing. I wont expect any mods without bugs untill the proper 1.0 is released nor will i criticize you on that fact since ur just testing. Its because of everyone's impatience here is why ure releasing ur test mods, i get it. If it were upto me id just ask u to take ur time and just post a perfect bug free 1.0 when ur ready. :)

P.S - DOF is perfect for my taste, and yes bloom in 0.6 version was PERFECT. so if u could keep it like that for the final release ill be happy. :D thanks for your work again.

14. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    This thread is getting big now so apologies if this has been answered already -

but can someone please clarify if we can make changes IN THE GAME OPTIONS MENU, OR NOT, after the patch dat and patch fat files have been added?

I don't understand why we have to change the runtime setting to ultra in the XML, if we can in fact just change settings in the game options menu.

What might I be messing up, or missing, if I change any in game menu options?
    For example, I need to be able to set the refresh rate to 75, vsync to 2 and tweak other settings to get the smoothest gameplay. I also don't like the 'motion blur' effect in the default game so I like to turn this off too.

I also find knocking the shadows down to high, compared to ultra, produces much less stutter, but if I do this am I essentially breaking certain aspects of the mod?

Should I change these in the XML doc, and set it to read only? Or just do it in game. Or what? Need some proper, fuller instructions adding to the first page please TheWorse. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  15. ItsDanik

ItsDanik Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 2GB 2xSLI
    This MOD is sweet, thanks TheWorse!

The game is unplayable on ultra on my setup, though (i7 2700k, 2x 670 SLI 2GB, 16GB RAM). I have to lower the texture res, detail lvl, shadows res and reflection res to high, and voila! 1080p/60fps v-sync magic! The stuttering is peristent, though, as this is an SLI setup and nothing can be done about it (unless ubisoft releases a patch).

I understand it is very hard to make a preset for each one individually with such a massive amount of options and combinations of different values for each setting.

However, we could stop people from whining about the configuration by making a settings editor so that everyone can make his own configuration.

I could write such a little program if I was walked through the proccess of extracting/editing/repacking the files required for this to work.

16. avimanyu786

avimanyu786 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GTX 780 3 GB
    0.7 is looking awesome! Blurs corrected!!! Yippee :) ! Thanks TheWorse :thumbup: !

17. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    he is making ubisoft job and for free,he doesn't owe anything to anyone,if you like the mod ok,if you don't like,mod yourself the game

18. UnknDoomer

UnknDoomer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Zotac GTX 770 4Gb
    madorax, _i016.radikal.ru/1406/61/3b63ef1e3777.png

19. lewis1190

lewis1190 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680 2 GB
    I HIGHLY agree with this. I need to change around 2 graphical settings in-game that take me from 20FPS to 80FPS. Does this stop the mod from working or something?

20. Nico Dominique

Nico Dominique Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780 3GB
    Mod v.0.7 seems to work nice so far.

But I'm not sure if it works along with the sweetfx. Game has its moments like water, rain or sunrays, but during the cloudy day it looks kinda meh... like the original :p

I wanted to post links here, but I see there's a block or something, heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.