After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    i downloaded the mod but there's 3 camera folders..
    donnow what to do..what r these far and close cameras?

2. Shinigami_Kiba

Shinigami_Kiba Member

GPU:
    GeForce MSI NX7800GTX 256MB
    I believe the main reason the feature was removed by Ubisoft was because they couldn't get it to work right. I think in order to make headlights cast shadows properly without them glitching up it would take a hell of a lot more work than simple editing like the other render tweaks.

Shadows and lighting in 3d can get very complex and cause quite a lot of problems, so it's not always easy to fix this stuff from what I understand, it seems even the developers had problems with this.

3. MrList

MrList Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4600
    Screenshots look SO good

I'm sure I will get a bunch of ****, but I'm still confused on how to add these files.

I saw how you have added instructions, TheWorse, but it doesn't help me too much.

I have little to no experience with mods.

I recently got a computer that is capable of running high end games and modding said games.

So my experience right now is with modding Skyrim and that is pretty easy since there is a whole program to manage it.

I would appreciate a set of instructions that would talk to someone like me, someone that hasn't modded a game before.

The screenshots and videos that I have seen about this make me really want to apply your work into my game. You've killed it and made Watch Dogs apparently much better looking.

A more detailed installation instruction would be cool.

Thanks.

4. Cortana

Cortana Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB
    They just change the distance to your character while playing. Normal is like you know it, far ist far away and close is close :)

5. Koowall

Koowall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    Which SweetFX preset is best ?

6. Cortana

Cortana Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB
    Dude, seriously?

Just copy the 2 files (patch) into "...\Watch Dogs\data_win64".

7. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I would like to know the same.
    I don't want DOF or Bloom, but I like the headlight shadows and maybe some performance improvements.

Please make files with only selected features so that people that only want some, can only have the ones they want. Or tell us how to disable stuff we don't want.

Thank you for this

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  8. Vanitas

Vanitas Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780GHz Ed 3GB
    After launching your mod on Watch_Dogs it seems that my GTX780 3GB lacks just a bit of Vram (crashes around 90% of loading, then Windows shows alert about low memory). I changed, as follows:

PCCustomTextureQuality="high"
    to
    PCCustomTextureQuality="medium"

and
    TextureResolutionQuality="high"
    to
    TextureResolutionQuality="medium"

and it loads perfectly fine, altrough I find these textures not so immersive as intended. Is there any other way to fix Vram problem?

Virtual memory is disabled, if anybody asked.

9. Shinigami_Kiba

Shinigami_Kiba Member

GPU:
    GeForce MSI NX7800GTX 256MB
    here's an example of why i love 0.6 so much more
    [​IMG]

See how nice and focused the bloom is around the street light? There is bloom, but it's not over the top or overly exaggerated, it's just right yet it's still there giving the light that nice, soft glow you see at night.

10. MrList

MrList Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4600
    Install This Mod for Dummies!

[This is supposed to show the screenshots that william456 posted that look ****ing great. But I am not allowed to post images yet apparently. So instead it goes right into my normal post.]

I would love to know as a PC Modding Newbie (Save your "BOOs" for later) how to make my game look like this. I now have a PC that has power (which is why I'm a "Newbie", I never had a powerful PC before, well in the last 16 years, at least...) and I'd like my PC to show this game as it was meant to be seen.

So a checklist that is essentially "Install this Mod for Dummies!" would be much appreciated.

Hopefully Thanks in advance.

11. Jordanakos

Jordanakos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 2GB
    Are you sure there isn't another problem ?
    Even with GTX 680 2GB i can play with ultra textures , and by play I mean just a little more stuttering , no crashes whatsoever . No AA of course , only FXAA

12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Much to complicated it's a good tool but you need to know for what and why for the engine you are using it with it's not a easy to use tool and it can be more destructive then help :(

13. Koowall

Koowall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    What about SweetFX ? Which preset is best ?

14. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    ok guys

i used this mod with normal camera file
    anyway..i did changed ultra in Quality in the file

anyway..is it ok playing with Hight texture quality in game option ?

there's one big problem hppnd to me..game stutter soo bad if i enable sweetfx!!!..the mod has sweetfx already ?

15. Vanitas

Vanitas Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780GHz Ed 3GB
    I see Vram usage spike (thanks to RivaTuner Statistics Server) and it crashes just around 2800MBs. It is my best and only guess to be honest. I highly doubt it is RAM problem (around 50% usage). Any ideas?

16. schrammy420

schrammy420 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 760 SC 2gb

Do you happen to know how to turn off the headlight shadows but keep everything else in the mod?

17. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    v0.7 + jim2point0's CT + some SweetFX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Jordanakos

Jordanakos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 2GB
    Well the most possible answer would be the sh*t optimization from Ubisoft , But before using this tweak did you crash any other time ? Or was this your first time crashing ?

19. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    what is jim2point0's CT?
    could u share it and sweetfx preset too

20. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    For now if you are having memory problems you should turn AA OFF, it drops your fps so much and doesn't look that great.

I'm able to play at 2560x1440 downsampled to 1920x1080 with a single Gtx 680 Lighting, with all ultra including textures and stuttering reduced to like 5% at least on my pc. I don't know what is the difference but you guys need to find guides for the default stuttering problems and use the command -disablepagefilecheck to the shortcut of watchdogs.

I'm working in the anamorphic lensflares rightnow btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.