Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 20, 2011.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650

please elaborate :D

2. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Well I just started watching this series 2 weeks ago from Season 1 Ep 1 gotta say I'm damn glad I waited this long. For the last 2 weeks I've binged watching all the episodes several at a time. Now that I'm totally caught up having watched S4 Ep 9 yesterday I have one question...how in the hell did you guys manage to wait for each season to start back up. LOL Especially glad I didn't have to wait years to see that little monster die. Knowing that after this Sunday I'll have to wait I'll be ticked off. Does each new season start up early in the year or do they sometimes start up in the fall? BTW this last episode was brilliant...the camera work on the fighting was fantastic.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    There is literally too many changes to list. Pyp and Grenn don't die here in the books. Alliser and Slynt aren't at Castle black . The guy in charge (I forget his name) is Donal Noye a one armed blacksmith that takes down the giant solo. Though Grenn + others reciting their vows was pretty dramatic. The timing of a bunch of different events are all off. I mean I knew somethings were going to change but I dunno, I also thought the kid shooting ygritte was a lame.

I mean there is are bunch of changes mostly do to character reduction and simplification but some of the changes are in my opinion not necessary. I've read the books twice and I almost treat it as if it were history. And its just kinda lame seeing pretty key elements cut out. They changed Stannis a lot and Danny's story is honestly just horrible at this point. I think she's a terrible actress and the only reason why she was somewhat interesting was when she got naked. Now that she doesn't want to do nudity anymore they like shoehorned the stupid story between Greyworm and Missandei's to show her naked. It's like no. Sorry but the entire point of Unsullied is that they have the emotions completely removed. I also hate how they show her in complete control of everything. In the books Jorah was way more instrumental in nearly every decision which becomes a significant issue when she turns him away.

I dunno, I definitely like the show, probably one of the best out along with Fargo and a few others. But I think the books did a much better job portraying certain characters and stuff (which I guess is to be expected).

4. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Question for those who have read the books....

How did those few guys kill the giant that lifted up the gate? and why didn't ghost go with Jon?

5. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X

You have a while to wait. They will usually release the dvd set around march with the new season starting in April, so it's almost a full year before new stuff is out. I've heard that GRR Martin is pushing to up the season to 13 episodes, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that. Though, now that they are the #1 HBO show they have a bit more sway.

6. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    today is the season finale! ggaahhddd! :(((

7. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    Peter Dinklage is EPIC!

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    He sure is, best actor and character in the show and books as well, imo. I really liked the finale, it felt good and was done better than expected. Overall, I liked season 4 a lot, I think it's one of my favourites, but that's probably because I liked these events when I read them in the books the most as well. :nerd:

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    great episode!!! cant believe we have to wait again :( :(

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    If you haven't already, I recommend you read the books while waiting. It's what I did after season 1 ended and it was one of the best choices I ever took (when it comes to books :p).

I think that for one to truly experience the GoT(A Song of Ice and Fire) universe, you have to be up to date with both. :nerd:

11. ShigglyB00

ShigglyB00 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290 4GB
    I love GOT!

12. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Great episode! Did NOT see that coming since I haven't read the books. I wonder what will happen with the Mountain should be interesting. Also I wonder where Drogon is.

13. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

These things are known (if you read the books :banana:)

14. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    godddd, i hope Drogon was not captured by any means..

15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    by the way...

what happened to Catelyn, aka, Lady Stoneheart? almost forgot about that.. i thought she would make another appearance before S4 ended..

16. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I've not read the books, but know the odd spoiler by accident, but anyway.

17. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Lame, at this rate they will likely just dramatically change the events in the last books and probably end the series before all the books come out. I'm surprised tbh, this is pretty much HBOs most succesful show but it looks to me as if they want to be done with it in 3-4 seasons, when they could easily pull out 10 before the novel ends.

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well looks like I am in catch up mode folks, finished watching Breaking Bad around two weeks ago (yup late to the game on that one too) and needed something new so went for GOT have just this minute finished watching the last episode of Season 2 and I am liking this show a whole lot, I especially love the game of spot the British Actor, though I am guessing the answer to that one is 'most of them.'

20. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB