After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    thousands of guests are reading this thread as i type, nice work :)

2. scorpgul

scorpgul Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 Ti KINGPIN
    Awesome. I am nearly done with Watchdogs done every single side mission etc 90% completion just need to play act 4 and 5. Gonna wait till you release the proper mod to finish the game.

One question can the mod be easily uninstalled without breaking the game in case I don't like it?

Thanks

3. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    And nobody have a clue how to properly use this mod :D funny just read last ten pages people and her you go.

4. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    The read me states that we must use High or Ultra preset.
    My question is, how would one enable HBAO+ High, since the High and Ultra preset use MBHBAO?
    I tried setting everything through the XML + Read Only, but it still applies the preset's settings.
    Thank you.

5. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Hey guys, I just browsed through the last 10 pages of the thread and from what I've gathered there will be a new release of the mod from TheWorse with original colorgrading and ability to turn the dof on or off and also fixed car lights shadows without artifacts and flickering. So I have fingers crossed. Waiting for TheWorse to wake up :D

6. mystic_pr0ject

mystic_pr0ject Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780Ti 3GB
    high and ultra have been predefined by TheWorse as hbao+_high

7. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Is it? Where did it say that? I've read all 40 pages but I must have missed this.

How would one enable reflections and shadows to Ultra without using Ultra level of detail? Or is that not possible?

Thank you.

8. Vangel

Vangel Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    Could anyone tell me if this mod introduces bullet time effect while shooting in focus mode? Anything similar to the famous effect from E3 2012 trailer? I wonder if it's possible to recreate it in current situation. DOF is one thing, but more important was light increase when shooting.

I don't own this game, so I can't check it by myself. BUT, if this mod truly rises this game to E3 trailer level, then I'm definitly going to buy it.

9. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080

Mee too! Right now I'm using a RadeonPRO+ this SweetFX profile: sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1723/

If you want to export and share your settings just go to SweetFX tab within RadeonPRO and clic "Export settings..." button

Better if you want to create a new user on sfx.thelazy.net and export your SweetFX settings there ;)

10. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

11. stillworking

stillworking Guest

GPU:
    Oh my pops, this is getting better and better, now if only someone fixed the reflections...
    Something similar to what ENB does with old GTAs. Real-time reflections on cars, plus glossy ones on the road and walls etc.

12. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The rain looks 10,000 times better, thanks to WORSE :arnie:

Sweetfx On
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx Off
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx On
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx Off
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx On
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx Off
    [​IMG]

13. voltagex

voltagex Guest

GPU:
    2x Radeon 6870s
    Can't PM yet.
    Thanks for your work on this, TheWorse.

Can I help you turn it into a torrent? I really dislike hosters like Mediafire.

I'm happy to be the initial seed from a 100mbit box.

14. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Well, I guess that's what happens when there's no official word from Ubisoft about the ETA of the (supposedly) incoming patch and any details regarding what changes will be included in it, and there's one guy and one guy ONLY on the whole internet messing with the game files to make it work better and look better. Everybody's demanding something from the poor guy, as if he's an official representative of Ubisoft.

Why don't you all chill, play another game for a moment maybe, and wait for the next patch before you post something like "how do you do this, is this possible, why aren't you adding this" etc? Try the new version and send your feedback to him in an elaborately written single comment. If everybody keeps demanding something different from the guy I'm quite afraid this mod will turn into a clusterf#ck faster than you can imagine, as you're clouding TheWorse's judgement here by your never-ending demands. He's the creator of the mod, let the guy form his own vision of what should be changed first, announce your suggestions and opinions later on. I have a great deal of things to say myself, but I'm just waiting for the new version to see what happens.

Then again I think you can't help it, that's Ubisoft's doing. If they were clear enough and keep people updated on when their official patch will arrive with daily updates on the progress, people would calm the F down and wouldn't moan about it every single day. They have every right to be displeased and their patience is wearing thin. Alas, they're going to take it out on TheWorse, as it seems like he's the only person who is capable of fixing the darn game and to be honest, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes now. :p

15. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This time will 100% brightness

Sweetfx on
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx off
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx on
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx off
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx on
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx off
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx on
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx off
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx on
    [​IMG]

Sweetfx off
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

16. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Yeah, I think the OP is really all that needs to be paid attention to at this time. It's a pretty extensive list of improvements, and I feel like it's going to be enough work just to get them all working properly. TheWorse needs to take a break at some point, too. I appreciate him taking his time to improve the experience for everyone, but not at the expense of his well-being. :p

17. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    pls someone tell me which files is better to use now like xml,patch files and sweetfx!!i could be gr8ful!!

18. KaiserAlucard

KaiserAlucard Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 DCU II SLI
    I noticed something, I tried the mod again and it's clear that the game looks better. But in my case, the stuttering got much worse. I have an i7 4770K@4.4Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz and Asus DCU II GTX 670 2Gb SLI. Then I tried disabling SLI, and the game was completely smooth, I probably had something like 40fps and no stuttering. So there really is an issue with SLI, which is a little annoying but I don't thing TheWorse can do much about this...

19. Kellan

Kellan Guest

GPU:
    SLi MSi GTX780 OC
    Where I can download SweetFX?

20. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.