After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    I have a total solution for all of you guys posting on this topic regarding how to solve the issues you're having with the mod: don't use the WIP version and try to have patience while you wait for the next update from TheWorse. :p His modification is strickly untweakable unless you know how to unpack those dat/fat files, so there's no need to ask "how to do this, how to do that" as you just cannot edit it unless you know your way around those patch files.

This topic is getting difficult to follow, as it's getting bombarded with questions. I'm quite sure he's well aware of the issues you're having. Just let the guy work on it. :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
  3. DarkSidesHero

DarkSidesHero Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7990
    Does anyone have any info on this? Course though, I need some type of tutorial on how to even unpack, edit, repack these files. Wouldn't mind helping out as well but I need that info. Someone, anyone, please?

4. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    edit:

at Darksideshero

you need to download the unpacker for the disrupt engine

http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/

unpacking is fairly easy.

most game textures are found in the "worlds" folder and then in the "windy_city_dat" file. that's the one you need to drag and drop onto the unpacker.

i just want to know how to repack it once i've modded the textures.

5. drakendu78

drakendu78 Guest

GPU:
    sli 690gtx
    there is fog in the street? (E3 2012) or not in the next update ?

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    As I say everytime the problems you are experiencing with the latest version uploaded has been fixed hopefully. I'll upload the new version with the updated dof and performance improvements after I make the different presets for the camera and such.

Volumetric fog in streets is not available at this time, still no config to be found.

Parallax oclussion mapping is not something that can be enabled at this moment, more research to do for that.

Rock textures should be high quality with ultra quality textures by default.

7. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    lol my fps drops when it starts raining.

8. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Probably not your fault, I guess it's Ubsioft's fault too for ****ty optimization.

9. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Hey VAAS, do you have a "DOF-pushed-back" version? lol
    I like the DOF, and I'm just chillin' waiting on TheWorst's next release, but since you're doing side stuff I'd thought I'd ask

10. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    i have solution tooo just use his BLOOM DOF AND HEADLIGHT SHADOW it has minimum decrase of FPS or none. Why dou you using his shadow res. value reflection res. or LOD value settings when its bad for you ???? Use your own ..

11. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb

nope, just raise your camera!:)

TW mod w/ E3 Bloom + default rainsplashes

https://www.mediafire.com/?yo9ycl51yo9ycl51

12. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800

Can you do for everyone whos whining because FPS performance like everything(fog,bloom,H.shadows) but not his xml values he has in patch.dat ?? just the shader things ?? Because lot of people dont understand and thinks they have bad performance because these non FPS eating tweaks.

13. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    wait a minute

14. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I'm having a hard time trying to demystify your sentence.

15. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I have to clarify one again. My modifications to the shaders and such will not decrease your performance. Performance should be the same or better.

Stuttering improved

And you guys will have to wait a little more because I'm re doing the majority of the things to ensure that you will have everything to be working. of course bugs could happen and if thats the case you'll post your screenshots and I'll fix them.

16. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    I don't understand why Ubisoft is taking so long with their patch when this guy is doing great in just a couple of days :D

17. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    Yes ! :D i dont speak english normal :D ... What i was thinking was .. people should use their own XML settings or standard low/medium/high/ultra settings ingame because lot of people whining about performance and dont understand that in patch.dat file is two different things > XML settings and binhex shader things .. these XML settings are his personal and what i see is they are above standard ULTRA settings so not everyones PC will got that.. and the DOF BLOOm etc things are the binhex shader settings they have nothing to do with XML values and they dont eat FPS.

18. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    So if one was to use their own XML would it ruin the effect?

19. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I don't understand why ubisoft is still working on that patch. So far I was able to fix the performance and increase the quality of the game without losing fps but in fact gaining more.

Do anyone here knows the exact value to change for the lod values of the cars?

20. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    Done.

I think i gained some fps in ultra!! :banana:

https://www.mediafire.com/?16ofb1c51i8b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.