After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Hey TheWorse,
    nice job on the graphical mods, however can you please provide the latest patch and xml files without that awful dof/bokeh filter please? it really is very disorienting and buggy.
    Also some of the car shadows seems to be buggy aswell, flickering and generating random triangles in front of the car and so on.
    Other than that, the mod is a beauty and I get around 30-40 fps with it :)

2. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    There are Spanish speaking NPC's through out the game. So what you have heard is normal. It happened to me the first day I played the game and every so often I come across an area with Spanish speaking NPC's. It has nothing to do with the MODS. If all you're hearing is Spanish full time and no English, then go in the options and pick English again.

3. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Have you tried using your XML file instead of his? Or deleting his XML and letting the game regenerate a new one. I don't use his XML config and I don't have those issues. Side note: I assume everyone has backed up their XML if they are not using default controls? Resetting every key again is a pain in the rear and I hate default key bindings, yuck.

4. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Hehe this one crashes with 'Disrupt_b64.dll' error. I downloaded it again to make sure everything was fine, but still has error.

5. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    ok, now it's working :)

https://www.mediafire.com/?3e2qqnws3l8ptfe

6. AdoreDaniella

AdoreDaniella Guest

GPU:
    MSI NVIDIA Geforce 660 TI
    Okay so here is my experience. When I installed your first release xml settings + E3 Bloom effect + CivilianDensity increased it fixed all my stuttering issues and even on Ultra settings I had above 40 FPS almost 45-50 most times. After installing your newest release on Ultra I'm lucky if I get 15-20 FPS. I have to turn it down to medium to get back to 45-50 FPS.

Now I believe I installed it correctly. I had backups of my gamerprofile.xml files. So I replaced the vanilla ones for the folders /My Games/Watch Dogs/ and /My Games/Watch Dogs/XXXXXProfilefolder. So I now had vanilla game. I then added the Patch files to data_Win64.

Then I followed the directions to change my gamerprofile.xml in /My Games/Watch Dogs/XXXXXProfilefolder. Quality from "_runtime" to "high"

I do NOT have the xml files in read only. I remember hearing about this earlier is it required? Also when running your latest mod my xml in /My Games/Watch Dogs/ is the vanilla one, but even if I delete it the game does not create a new one. Is this an issue?

EDIT: I was able to fix this slightly on Ultra increasing my FPS to 35-45 most of the time. By turning AA off completely in display options and also changing shadows to High rather than Ultra as well as reflections to High.

It appears for me these settings are each dropping my FPS to 15-20 when on Ultra. This didn't happen with the vanilla game but at least this is now a temporary fix for me and possibly other people.

Using these settings I was also able to remove the stuttering I was experiencing.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  7. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Performance drops should be fixed in the next release

Added dof presets to the majority of the cameras
    Three different cameras (Closer, further and normal)
    Working on fixing performance drops and i'm trying to fix the headlight shadows

I'll try to use 1 Shadow per car headlight to improve stuttering at night and also flickering. This should work but i'm still working on it.

8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I don't have the DOF working all the time like some people. It only works when I aim.

9. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Make sure you have postfx quality set to ultra. I don't really know what could cause your issue. Try to change time of day or something. Make sure you have the latest version installed in place.

10. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Is the latest version in the first post? I'm not really use if I'm using the right files or not. What I'm using was downloaded from the first post.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014

11. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    It's working, but it removed all effects lol
    I'll just stick with TheWorse last version and wait on the latest update. Thanks for putting the E3 Bloom back in your other one though.

12. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb

Sorry man, now for sure that one it's working: :D

https://www.mediafire.com/?6ayygf5gstrg9fy

13. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Yes, is the latest version download. Make sure you have those files and not an older version of the modification.

14. Squall

Squall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570 /1.28gb
    Hi guys! I'm new at modding or changing something in a game.. But I'm kinda frustrated because I thinkg my GPU "should" be able to run this at full specs right? But it says it needs 3GB? But the game doesn't look that great for that requirement... So what files do I need to download to change and fix those low fps and to improve graphics? Thanks for your work dude! You're awesome

15. AdoreDaniella

AdoreDaniella Guest

GPU:
    MSI NVIDIA Geforce 660 TI
    Does your latest version include the E3 Bloom effects and/or have they been toned down I didn't really notice it much. Also the DOF is amazing! Keep up the great work!

16. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    In the latest version bloom has been toned down as requested, still I'll change the values to make it better and not strong.

Squall I think you should be able to run somethings at ultra and other things just high like textures.

Right now i'm modifying the default lightflare files to see if I can make them more like e3 or at least better looking.

17. apple890

apple890 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Thanks for all of your hard work!!

18. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Woo. Got the DOF working.

A few quick screens I took while testing out....

FOV
    Free cam
    Time of Day
    Timestop (pauses the action)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    When you open my games/watch_dogs do you have a folder with a big string of numbers? If so, open that folder and delete the GamerProfile.xml file in there. That's the one the game is using. Now it will regenerate a new XML.

20. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Sweet Jesus,..... i really love the FOV, Blooms and DOF....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting love this game, after all :banana:

Thanks for your efforts, TheWorse!
    Keep the good work, bro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.