Nvidia Geforce GTX 880 Series To Be Cheaper ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 13, 2014.

1. it is an unconfirmed rumor

2. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    U mean like all the rumors about Maxwell?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  3. Rumor-a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts: a rumor of war.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Yes, and that is why so many people could only dream about paying msrp price for r9-290(x).

I know very well what I wrote up there, since I went through all stores in my country when both cards came.
    I was picking HD7970 for me and GTX680 for friend.
    So you can continue ranting about msrp launch prices.

I am currently shopping for device with msrp 2750$ it's updated version of basically same thing with same functionality, but manufacturer cut costs by using cheaper/lighter materials than old version did.
    Old version msrp is 3000$.

But shops sells new version at higher price than old one. msrp is nice, but it does not work as it is not what sets prices in shops.

5. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I'm still using a 570GTX and I have no intentions on upgrading with the prices they have if my card still works fine and plays every game just fine. If they release this and I mean release the flag ship model at least than $500 USD then yes I'll upgrade but till then nope.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    This entire thread is just rumors.

7. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Yep, And the true be told that's the only reason it will be 'cheaper' is for them to make and line there all ready FAT pocket books with even more cash No Thanks I go to AMD R9 280X that will make me happy.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's been pretty well confirmed by TSMC.... Their 20nm process for GPU's isn't going to be ready in time for a 2014 large scale product launch. Unfortunately, TSMC is the only fab that NVidia deals with. If TSMC can't do 20nm this year, NVidia can't do 20nm this year.

9. do you have an official statement?

if not, skip.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nothing quite as "official" as the thread you started, but, being that TSMC doesn't deal with the general public, they have no reason to release "official statements". There's nothing official or even "verified" about the information in the thread you started....

btw... 20nm GPUs unlikely in 2014 due to TSMC issues

As for this "verified information"....

Same source.....

You really shouldn't be an ass....especially when you're posting rumors claiming them to be "verified information"....

11. Exactly, nothing official.

But Wccf tech uses different info from different sources.

Oh, the source about 20nm you have provided is even less reliable than what Wccf tech writes about.

An important quote about 880 that you have left out:

don't need to be an ass here, mate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
  12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, lets all bow down to Mr Knowitall here.....lol. Dude, seriously. Either add something of value or move along. Seems every time I read a post from you it's a pathetic attempt at a backhanded insult. I'm not sure I've seen a thread yet where you've actually added anything of value.

TSMC unlikely to make 20nm GPU chips for AMD and NVIDIA

Source: No 20 nm GPUs from AMD This Year

I didn't leave anything out. I simply copy/pasted the Editorial.

13. Well, as always, people start to bash when they have nothing to back them up.

1) Tweakdown is copying what everyone else is talking about. And, is there an official source? No. Plus, the 20nm delay info comes from a "previously reported delay which was back in February.".

As I said, if you don't have an official source, nothing to discuss.

2) If AMD has no 20nm, does not mean NV wont have it either.

3) GM 204 as you quoted has 256 bit bus. But as the source says, it is most likely not gtx 880.

Now, can you post something valuable instead of poor offensive messages.

In the meantime, stop wasting peoples time as you simply go offtopic. Period.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Where have I gone off-topic? This is a rumor thread regarding the 800 series.

AMD won't have 20nm this year because TMSC won't be able to do 20nm in time. Source does not say that "it is most likely not GTX880". Your own source questions whether or not it will be GTX880. Quite a bit different.

So, you use backhanded insults and think that's fine. When someone calls you out on it, you get offensive. You're little more than a troll....

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    ^he insulted you in this thread and started another 880 rumor thread a couple minutes later. Go figure.

16. And you don't have any official confirmation of 20nm delay. The primal topic of our argument if you have forgotten.

No need to change topics of conversion, and again, another bad troll.

Plus, I did say, this might not be gtx 880, no need to paraphrase what I have said earlier in my posts.

Oh boy, children have started to get out of hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  17. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    oh wow thread is gettin out of hand

18. I know, right.

I am tired of trolling posts addressed to me, Although, it has started to get out of hand.<

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    You should probably quit flaming then. Who made you a back seat mod anyway? Only being able to discuss possible release times in a rumor thread about the 880 release.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    He started the other thread first....then got all pissy in this one. He doesn't like it when information contrary to what he's claimed gets posted and any source that he doesn't personally deem worthy is automatically "unreliable"....