Nvidia Geforce GTX 880 Series To Be Cheaper ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 13, 2014.

1. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    God Bless AMD!!!
    All its left compete is Intel processors, I'm sicking of seeing intel processors perform 2% better in ever new release.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  2. orky87

orky87 Guest

GPU:
    R9_Nano
    As long as it's legally allowed there's no escape from that. The best thing that buyers can do is to speak with their money and simply hold on to it until the point is made.

3. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Well, this is good news for Nvidia. I might actually buy something if it isn't vastly overpriced/price fixed.

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    4Gb on a 256bits bus ? ... seriously .. last review have show enough that we have hit the limit of the 256bit bus .. ofc you can increase the cache with a 128bit for increase memory capacity, but this dont work long with a 256bit bus or 384 bit bus ,..

Next round will be definitively 512bits bus + stacked RAM .. ( not on Maxwell it seems, but at least for 2015 AMD first, then Nvidia gpu's ) ( I suspect Nvidia to release their series really early in 2014 now for be first, and dont fight it before the next generation )

5. broke

broke Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Is there a release date yet ?

6. thinktwice

thinktwice Guest

GPU:
    Club 3D HD 7950
    This info is irrelevant. You have to provide pc stores prices if you really want to prove this!

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    If you were following the forums when these 2 cards came out, you would know this. If you are saying this wasnt the case in U.S. and UK markets, then you are wrong. Re 'proof', lets see what you come up with.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    These were launch prices aka msrp. Providing a random store price in a random country is a bit excessive.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Are they ever going to release it? I'm basically just waiting for it to release... I always skip a gen.

10. They will never release them.

NV canceled 800s and moved on straight to 900s, which are due in 2016 based off of Volta. - These are the latest rumors from Swecklockers and Wccf tech.

Why delay GPUs? According to rumors, NV thinks 700 series owners soon upgrade to Titans that offer more performance; enough for the next 2 years. :banana:

11. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    ^ Nice trolling attempt.

12. It was not trolling.

_Fail.:3eyes:

13. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Really dude,this forum is not the right place to start a flame or to troll.Ppl around here are not idiots so pls,do us a favor and stop with those stupid rumors.If u look at the latest nvidia roadmap u will see that Maxwell will be released this year.

14. Then what about Maxwell GPUs showing up in 2015? news were posted on the front page a few weeks ago.

Your trolling failed. :)

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

I wouldn't be that excited for a mainstream/mid-high GM204 chip, full GM210 enigma will be more interesting when ever it sees the light :D

16. we are talking about news, not GM 2xx

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And what is this news about? Right, GK204 chip and its imaginary price & release date :p

18. news about 800s release, only this aspect.

19. pterois

pterois Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ti 3GB
    I hope they come with more VRAM though. Will be hard to sell the 780 ti if the 880 will be cheaper and more powerful.

20. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    The first-generation Maxwell architecture is on 28nm, 2014, and second-generation Maxwell is on 20nm, 2015.