Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yeah I haven't played much else since it was released. I really tryed to take my time and stretch out but I eventually ended up with nothing but the Plot left.I ws hoping to at least get the patch to see how much better Ubi could make it but they have just taken too damn long. All I have left are some Fixers and Convoys left on the map now.Those I can definitely leave alone and use them to test the patch with. Now all I have ti look froward to is the T-Bone DLC and I really am. But who knows when that's even coming...

2. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    this, gta5, then the big one: Watch Dogs2 yes! :banana:

3. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
  4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    ¨That was a tense one for sure. People have had issues finishing that one with T-Bone not moving but there is just one enemy that bugs out and just covers. I had to go right up to the bugger and finish him of. Then T-bone went right on his way. You have the Biometric Rifle too. 2nd favorite after the Weapons Crate Reward. You need to keep Jam Coms handy so you get don't the reinforcements. But then you use focus alot and I am guilty of not using at all, when I should be,

5. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i got the guy but my vid glitched the last 12secs :p
    i'm now just past that part, that was the last i played yesterday mornin. :)

6. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Ugh, my saves corrupted... :bang:

Tried deleting and hoping Uplay would have an older save, but no. :bang: :bang: :bang:

7. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
  8. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
  9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Another repeatable bug to report in addition of the impossibility to hack Iraq's ID card:

when hacking the electric panels on speedways the game instantly crashes !

man o man.....

10. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Have heard of both but had issues with neither.I really shouldn't push my luck on the signs tho.

The ID card problem would be seriously frustrating tho, it wasn't easy getting there in the first place. I wonder if it's a graphics setting that is causing it not to show properly

11. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i have this issue, sucks a little... hope patch comes soon...

12. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    ^ yes !

Really frustrating yes, its not the half of the scenario yet :3eyes: what is it gonna be like if i pass that bug ?

Thx to carfax i updated my keyboard driver this morning, i use the 337.90 iCafe drivers My win 8.1 is totally uptodate, well, ill see. I've used lots of xml's while beeing stuck at that stage and well no.

At least i can do other stuff in the city, no loading bar lockup ^^

anyway anyway anyway :D lets keep positive

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    So me and Maldo were talking... We seem to have an idea why this game runs like such crap.

The texturing method in this game uses the same method as Far Cry..

For every texture there is a duplicate of larger size

1st = Usually 1024x1024 (sometimes smaller) w/ mips
    2nd = Usually 2048x2048 w/out mips

On Ultra it's definitely loading both textures and blending in the HQ one in with the smaller one. What we aren't sure yet is even on high if it's still loading up that HQ texture at all (but not able to be seen). I've only tested this on Aidens jacket as it's the easiest thing to test on.

We're going to do more testing later once he's out of work.. This method of texturing is dumb in this type of Open World game.. In Far Cry 3 it's workable because there is just repeating grass and trees with the occasional little town. So the texture sizes and amount isn't as extreme as a huge dense city.

They really should have done the single texture w/ mips method that near all games use..

Edit:

Just to show you guys.. The blue text is the HQ texture.. The Red text is the LQ texture.. As you see.. On Ultra both are loaded (and displayed) at the same time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    A mod said "this week" and its friday already.

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

Why it does that ? Because its next-gen baby !!:banana:

16. FiENDO

FiENDO Guest

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    im glad i didint buy this game.

its a shame that even titans with 6gb vram still cant keep up.

after 2 weeks no patch. so ubisoft, same with far cry 3 and assassisns creed 3.

17. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    put a titan in capable hands and it won't be such a bad experience, so long as it's coupled with min 2400 ram and a very fast running cpu.
    ok sure if you want all the candy then yes it may still be unattainable, all the thick layered candy like aa. i've not thought about a patch since i seen it mentioned, not to fussed either way. arkham city was never totally fixed and it remains one of my favs.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Something that I just noticed... you don't see Police driving around.. Or at least I haven't..

Do I need to raise the difficulty for that? I'm just on normal difficulty.

Police only seem to come if you kill someone with a witness and they call the police.

19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Nope.. They are never on patrol. The ONLY time I've seen a cop out on the road is right after they gave up the chase and I turned around to catch up to one that was chasing me.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohhh.. that.. kinda sucks..

:<