Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insert989

insert989 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    That who does not see a real difference, let leaves from this forum.

2. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Hmmm. I've yet to test v3 yet, or TheWorse's tweaks which I hope to later today.

So, the supposed performance increase some users are reporting could be to do with the fact that les shadows are actually being rendered? The screenshots just above, at exact same time of day, seem to prove this.

3. Xerxész

Xerxész Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N780OC-3GD
    Thank you.

Do you know how to increase the drawing/spawning distance of shadows, trees, vehicles and NPCs?
    I'm driving on the road and they are just appearing forward to me (maybe 30-40 meters) and that is quite annoying.
    I think Kadzait24 reduced the distance in XML 3.0 and I would like to increase it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  4. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    still can't believe now

See what pic is kadzait24 shadow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    tried to comparison theworse and kadzait24's code

~but don't know.i'm not a modder

6. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Not quite sure what you're asking, but if those are your image comparisons, then the second one is lacking some shadow details on the buildings, just like the other examples above. So I'm guessing the second image is using kadzaits xml?

7. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Just look at the article and to test the shadows

Shocked

This is the same place at the same time

because i set theworse shadow on high ,kadzait24 shadow on ultra in one patch,both of their value is defaut on their mod

so that can change two shadow in a game to comparison

8. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800

Yes this is it ... and when i first post picture he told me i turn off SSAO and call me faker ... not true, his modded shadows do this.

9. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Yes , its a huge difference. Using E3 lighting everywhere there. And is funny to read the same people arguing , pointing the old beta wip, and totally passed the screenshots i posted here. Everytime the same.

10. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Kadzait, and anyone else who just accepts whatever they are told without engaging their own brains - just stop with the over reactions!

Again people are posting constructive criticism of what they are finding. You can't just ignore this, and throw a little hissy fit every time someone posts something that is clearly evidence that something isn't working properly.

Look at the images on the previous page, and this video from gerardfraser which clearly shows shadow detail 'pop in': http://youtu.be/9eMXERJgKIM
    This does not happen with the vanilla game at ultra, or even lower.

Your mod will never get anywhere if you don't learn to take feedback from actual users.

And if anyone calls me a 'troll' for this, just grow up and learn to read, and think.

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Personal preferences. Everyone has it, every modder follows his own path. Nothing to do with constructive critism.

Sometimes ppl just want something that doesnt make sense for everyone else.

12. Proxun

Proxun Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB SC ACX
    Everyone calm the f**k down. Don't forget the W.I.P status on this mod. Errors can happen, deal with it.

13. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Or that :)

Whilst I agree, the guy needs to learn to take feedback better, or it won't progress anywhere. It will just be W.I.

He could just do the mod for his own personal use and save a lot of hassle, but he's choosing to share it with the public, so he should expect feedback.

14. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Could someone be nice and make a low-end config? I don't know how to open .fat .dat

15. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    :stewpid:

16. Proxun

Proxun Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB SC ACX
    You could have said this with friendlier manners. :puke2:

17. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    You know what he told me when i post pictures with this pop-in shadows ? FAKER who disable SSAO on his XML :bang:

18. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    ???

Anyway, i just discovered more stuff.

But i cant do this alone anymore since it takes too much time and my wife is going to kill me, all this stuff takes extremely too much time for 1 person, when of course you want to actually improve the game and not by adding 1 or 2 stupid effects.

This is the last i found out, and ive tried to turn all that on everywhere, using lib, rim , xml, etc... nothing reacts to it, but thats an engine setting since its inside the game exactly as this:

PartSys Name="wdfx_pfb_playerfeedbackfx.disruptcomm.shockwave" Id="{3742825A-CF54-4003-A16D-1B9624F51D8E}" hidKey="1790673104" LowendId="{7ECB9BF8-2C7D-4924-8ED6-D364D0BC3066}">
    <PartEmit Name="wdfx_pfb_playerfeedbackfx.disruptcomm.shockwave.wdem_pfb_playerfeedbackfx.disruptcomm.distortion_1" Id="{96B28ED7-6208-45A1-A62B-E40C7C8A8FB0}" hidKey="3676715880" Active="1" StaticSize="1" AutoStaticSize="0" PosOffset="0,0,0" RotOffset="0,0,0" degRotOffset="1" EmitDuration="1" EmitLoop="0" NbInitPart="2" AutoEmissionRate="0" MaxEmitDist="100" FadeEmitDist="75" InterpEmit="0" TweakInitLifeTime="0" StartupDelay="0" EmitDirAxisAngle="0" degEmitDirAxisAngle="1" EmitDirAxisSpread="0" degEmitDirAxisSpread="1" EmitDirPlaneAngle="0" degEmitDirPlaneAngle="1" EmitDirPlaneSpread="0" degEmitDirPlaneSpread="1" EmitDirUseEmitterVelocity="0" EmitDirUseEmitterVelocityModifier="0.5" EmitFlag="0" EmitVolRadius="0" EmitVolHalfSizeX="0" EmitVolHalfSizeY="0" EmitVolHalfSizeZ="0" UniformSize="1" RandomMirrorU="1" RandomMirrorV="1" CameraScalingDistance="0" CameraScaling="1" AddEmitterRotation="0" InitGravityDir="0,0,-1" LocalGravity="0" PartLightAffectsParticles="0" PartLightAffectsEnvironment="1" PartLightQuadraticFalloff="0" EnablePhysics="1" CollisionPostponementPeriod="0" PhysicsGeometry="1" UseWeatherIntensity="1" MinWindSpeed="50" MaxWindSpeed="400" TimeOfDay="0" TimeOfDayStartHour="0" TimeOfDayEndHour="24" DiffuseTexture="graphics\gfx\_common\gfx_d_shockwave.xbt" NormalTexture="" Geometry="" ParticlePivotX="0" ParticlePivotY="0" BlendType="0" RandomColor="0" HDRMul="1" RandomAlpha="0" PartAlphaMin="0.0008" PartAlphaMax="1" NearFade="0" AlphaTestValue="0" AlphaDissolve="1" FramePerSecondVariant="0" TileCountU="1" TileCountV="1" FramePlayOnce="0" FrameRandomStart="0" BlendFrames="0" ParticleSorting="1" MaterialType="2" Ambient="1" AffectedByEmitterLights="1" AffectedBySunlight="1" LightingExponent="2" AffectedByLights="1" TextureProjection="1" ZOffset="0" Soft="1" SoftHighQuality="1" SoftRange="2" FarSoftDistance="-1" FarSoftRange="1" WaterReflection="1" Masked="0" Rain="1" WaterDisplacement="0" OpacityCompensation="0" ScreenSpaceTessellation="10" TessellationIntensity="20" Translucency="5" PixelShadowSampling="5" SoundUpdatePosition="0" SoundDelay="0" SoundPositionOffset="0,0,0" SoundEffectFile="4294967295" SoundEffectOnEveryEmit="0" SoundEffectOnEveryDeath="0" SoundEffectStopFile="4294967295" DistortionTexture="graphics\gfx\_common\gfx_distortion2_d.png" DistortionSpeedU="0" DistortionSpeedV="0" DistortionTilingU="1" DistortionTilingV="1" DistortionStrength="0.1" Flags="1" LibName="WDEM_PFB_PlayerFeedbackFX" EmitterKey="3676715880" ModRangeStartupDelay="0">

Those are changed values by me, it comes all disabled, even the rain there. So thats one of the main part if you want to achieve E3 quality.

There you have more info i discovered, and you can try to use it. And this is more examples for the people that kinda wants to say i dont do anything here... really weird people at internet. And of course later goes that guy theworse saying he discovered that before or he has it or whatever.

Have fun !

19. Downtown

Downtown Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    Sorry but it looks like minor commands to me. Even some commands in there are known. Not hating .. so dont be rude.

20. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    So I finally got around to actually testing out version 3 for myself (tested version 2 a lot).

Only done some running around in daylight, not tried night yet, but...

I'm sorry to say that it just introduces waaaaay more stutter, compared to running at ultra settings on my rig (And my rig isn't exactly poor - SLI 780Tis and an i7 CPU at 4.6ghz).

With this, and the shadow 'pop in' I'm seeing and that others have mentioned, it's a no from me at the moment I'm afraid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.