Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB

Fix what exactly? Graphics aren't here to be fixed, you only improve it or not. And when you improve it normally there's a decrease in performance, unless something else is changed. This is the point I want to understand.

2. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    So you're claiming Ubisoft changed the original platform from E3 2012, or they decided to destroy the PC version for some reason?

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You honestly think theres nothing that needs to be fixed in this game?

Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light would like to have a chat to you if you think gfx being better = performance being worse.

Ubisoft is worse than any other developer when it comes to gfx. If this still needs to be explained to people after all of their releases, then i question your view on the world in general and this subject of Ubi and Gfx can not be put down to general ignorance. You'd have to be seriously lacking in the braincell department to think that Ubi have not and have never shown one thing and then delivered another.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  4. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I think physics is broken, graphics are great for an open world.

Metro Last Light runs great here. The only problem with the game is that in the options menu there's an advanced physics option that is supposed to be physx only, since it goes from high fps to almost zero fps in certain parts with my R9 270X - I disabled it and played smoothly until the end.

5. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Some shots i took when i was testing :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
    Really!?. What did i say that was so hard to understand.

Of course it runs better, LL run flawlessly and has done since launch. You said better gfx should = worse performance, I said no it doesnt, not always. Metro 2033 to Metro Last light is the perfect example of a game looking better than its predecessor while running better at the same time.

7. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I'm not a fan of Ubisoft since I played the first Assassin's Creed, but as I normally don't buy a game until the price drops I don't have as many problems with Ubi as the rest of the world. Anno 2070 and Far Cry 3 are great - I only played Far Cry 3 after some months of its release, maybe I lost some of the bad part.

8. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I only played Last Light.

Also, maybe they changed much more complex things than shadows resolution to make the game run better while more beautiful.

9. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Forgot this one:

[​IMG]

10. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Well, I stated that I got performance improvements after testing for 5mns. After playing a couple hours it's been clearly visible that there is now shadow (~15-25m)/details/car (~50m) clipping, can you please put it back to where it was ? It's not worth the +5fps for me.

11. W.Axl_Rose

W.Axl_Rose Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X WindForce 3X
    Nem cheguei a monitorar o uso de VRAM com a versão 3.0, vou verificar isso.
    Conseguiu de alguma maneira deixar o game jogável? Aqui só foi baixando a textura pro médio, mas convenhamos, eu prefiro perder efeitos do que ter de jogar com as texturas no médio... os detalhes das folhas, gramas, árvores, chão, etc, fica tudo bem inferior.

12. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Tô usando o xml do TheWorse. Tudo no high roda perfeito. Até posso colocar algumas coisas no ultra, menos a textura, mas daí aparece stutter em umas partes.

13. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice shots kadzait24.
    Can't wait until you finish :D

14. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    You guys realize this is a english forum, right? anyways, this thread is pure gold.

15. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I can translate if it's necessary. No offense to anybody in portuguese.

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    This is true,he probably did not notice it,its there but hard to see.I will post a couple pics to show and maybe it will help out.His mod is still very good.Smoke/particles/reflections.

EDIT:Showing that its the same tod added blue lines. Uploaded a video for Kadzait24 to check out.
    http://youtu.be/9eMXERJgKIM

Vanilla ultra
    [​IMG]

Kaz wip
    [​IMG]

Kaz closer to show that awesome shadow showing up
    [​IMG]

kaz smoke/particles for show way better than vanilla ultra
    [​IMG]

17. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    E3 place daylight:

[​IMG]

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    These first 2 shots are at different times of day, there is nothing wrong with the shadows, its that the sun is in a different place.

Example: Look at the brown building in the middle on the first image, the shadow on the red cover on the right hand side has more coverage from shadow than the bottom image, then theres the shadow cast on the road by the colored flags going from one building to the other across the road.. in the first image, this shadow is closer to the left hand side of the screen compared to the second image.

If this is considered 'broken' or different than vanilla, then all the people in this thread saying they cant see a difference with this mod makes perfect sense now. Lack of observational skills.

19. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I was going to say that, gladly you said first.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    FFS!

If people cant tell the difference between different TOD's (time of day), then you have absolutely no right to be criticizing anyones work.

From now on, the naysayers opinions.. (in my opinion) are now invalid until this mod is finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.