After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximilian89

Maximilian89 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780TI Matrix Platinum
    Congratulations for the excellent work, now once finished will have to make a fusion with the mod Kadzait24! And that's what we all want!
    Keep it up, you are great both!

2. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    What TheWorse found with the shaders was a real improvement, he's encouraging people to tweak the mod themselves and is not asking nothing, so should you...

3. Neocaron

Neocaron Guest

GPU:
    580 gtx 1.5
    Yep! This going to be stunning!!

Vaas don't start anything, or you'll get reported.
    You are the one who started to make fun of kad's work, saying he was breaking things so now you stop that. We had enough with the preview thread of Kad, and I'm pretty sure the modos will not let you keep going on that road.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  4. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Force16_9="0"

Can we write 16_10="x" ?

5. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    You that should stop with fallacies. Capacho!!

I'm emitting my opinion, that's what forums are for, if kadzait like or not is another story

the guy comes here like the chieftain requesting credits he doesn't deserve

6. Neocaron

Neocaron Guest

GPU:
    580 gtx 1.5
    No you don't, you are making fun of the time he spent working on his tweak, and you are discrediting his work. I like what theWorse did, and I like what Kad did. That is why people want to have both mods mixed together.

Your opinion is just a useless and direct attack toward Kad. And we don't want that, because, it doesn't help the modders at all.

7. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    HE asked me to add his name if i add his lighting bloom thing.

So? He asked me to work with me first time than anyone. Now he is using my entire findings and modifications ( changed by him ) and now you attack me saying he did everything? Whats that?

I was also doing the shaders things, since i said that before TheWorse. Im testing, and for the record i have decompiled all the shading from E3, and the bloom from TheWorse is not working.

So if you want me to say the truth, lets say it.All TheWorse did is all i found out, the shaders decompiling is just a command line , i also discovered the demo*tech demo and maps from the E3 inside the game.

All took time and effort, and all you can see happening is because people like me took that time.

Understood now, thanks.

8. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    ForceWidescreen="0"

Is solving the problem

Edit: It looks really great.

9. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I just want to point out that what Kadz and Worse did is amazing for the community.
    And here we are again, the master race, runining AGAIN something pretty and decent for us all FOR FREE.

I applaud you guys. Really, great way to be mature.

Oh and since this is turning into a trend, let me put a disclaimer here: this is my opinion and if you can't accept it, look into another place.

10. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Oh dear. Looks like there's not going to be a cozy collaboration between these two guys.

For the record, if it's going to split I'm going to root for team TheWorse. He seems like a much nicer (and less rude) chap, and his objects casting shadows and bloom work shows genuine potential already.

11. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Kadzait: My bloom is working. I'm not using your entire findings and mofications, I edited the xml setting my self, because that's how I do things. The shaders you decompiled are something else, so please guys keep on topic.

12. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb

I was not atacking you, you quoted me when I was thanking TheWorse for
    his work then you showed saying he should give you credits and all this BS like a charlatan,
    now all this "findings" you claim were on the web before if you dont believe me, go to google.

Cheers

13. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    That doesn't make me have 1200p. why don't i have ResolutionY="1200" working ?

Sorry for beeing off topic at once

14. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    So who exactly do I trust here? Kadzait24 or TheWorse?

15. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Totally up to you of course, but after the joke that was this thread (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=389848) I'm definitely Team TheWorse. If it gets to that. Hopefully not

16. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    I will just keep up with what TheWorse is doing since he figures out the bloom and headlight shadows.

17. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Now that's something that I can count as a real improvement!

I have to congratulate you for your work here, TheWorse, because I've been testing every damn config modification and sweetfx preset I could find on the net but didn't see a great deal of difference that could help me ignore the fps hit that came with them. But this is the first Watch_Dogs modification that made me go "wow" as soon as i looked at it. Your work provides an inarguable difference, and that is a real game changer for me. I can finally try to tolerate the stuttering and sit through the fps dipping issues on my PC as it looks much, much better with your bloom and much similar to the E3 presentation now. Such a wonderful job you did there. :)

Any idea why Ubisoft didn't use those shaders that you've found in the final game? I just don't get it, these are clearly much better than the ones used in the game. I mean, what the hell?

PS. Please guys don't start a war again, who cares who used what code as long as we're making a progress on getting the game look similar to the E3 build? You and Kad's work made me fully believe that you the talented modders will make the game look similar to the E3 build in the future, if not exactly the same. Keep up the great work, guys!

18. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I didn't sleep for arround 18 hours just to find this, also i was searching everywhere for mods or something to make it look better, after so much time without any result I wanted to see if I was able to change the precompiled shader with at least a bit of knowleadge of binhex. This was the result. Anyways, about the spotlight volume I think I can implement it just to the train lights for performance and no bugs and also like e3 2012 headlight shadows on the train.

And thank you all again.

19. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Well, you just placed the exact same bloom.lib file . And im decompiling, is nothing like what you are doing.

And you used all my findings, its all there in the dat/fat file you said its your mod.

You just unpacked a lib file with xml content and placed the same lib file at the patch.fat , added some weird commands to my dat/fat findings and you are using sweetfx.

Thats all you did. And you asked me permission to work with me, now you took all my entire findings and you dare to say to me now i should name you for anything "yours".

You did nothing, you took all info from my findings and now you dare to say its your work.

It took me weeks to find all this stuff, now you took all my effort, copy pasted the entire findings changing values, you placed a bloom.lib file at the generated path, the same bloom.lib file and you say its a mod, and yours. It took me weeks finding all this working, for you took 18 hours, of course, because all the hard work was already made by me.

Excellent. People knows the truth anyway.

And i say all this because some of your "friends" attacks me, and actually all is my findings, you are just changing values from my findings and effort.

20. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    The only thing that I can complain about is that after your modification I won't be able to go back to the console version and settle with the old bloom shaders again.

Edit: There we go again. Why don't you guys chill and share your knowledge with one another? That's the way it should be, that's why we call it the modding "community". Look how far Skyrim came with that mentality on the Nexus. Some will improve the bloom, others the lighting, another great guy will retexture the entire game (looking at you, Maldo!) and voila- we'll have that gorgeous looking game that they showed us back at E3 2012. You guys can make it happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.