Homefront 2 (PS4/XBox One/PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 1, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Imo, its pretty avg to looks at. In crysis 3, the image looks flat with no depth along with the art style making it look like an oilpainting and static besides wobbly grass. Frostbite has the same issue, except it looks concept art/cartoony like.
    If i was shown screenshots before its release without the crytek logo or any well know characters visible in-shot and told me it was an UE3 powered game, id of believed you.

Not to mention C3 has far too hirez texture on characters. Their pores are so visible that if people looked like that in real life, light would pass through their heads.

C1 has so far had the most realistic lighting imo and id even go as far as to say c2 looks better than c3. That scene when you walk out into the street and there's that red truck there.. i did a double take as it couldnt believe what i was seeing.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i agree on C2 being visually in terms of lighting a game of great quality. but C3 has even more poly count and mostly crytek worked really hard to make it work so damn fine on the 360, i played the game, tremendous amount of work done to make a higher draw distance for the xbox meaning a better game visually on the consoles compared to C2 on the xbox.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Quite a feat.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    from your sarcastic comment on crytek, i believe u hate c2 and c3 and only like c1.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol.. you spoon. I was agreeing with you:D I have not seen it on Xbox so im surprised to hear that its far better than C2 release for consoles. Mainly because I dont see the point in following Cryteks releases for consoles simply because their engines shines on PC.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    hehe ur comment definitely seemed sarcastic on crytek, but yes i tell you, crysis 3 shines on the xbox 360 in terms of graphics and i believe it's the best looking shooter on the xbox, another contender is metro last light, great looking game also on the xbox. add to that two huge and ressource hog games running on an 8 year old hardware, definit hard work done on optimization for those games.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Where did I say there was something wrong with CryEngine?

I was saying that it looks good, but not so great that it's hard to believe it's in game.
    Which some people are trying to say. There are those saying the trailer, and screens are pre-rendered... and simply can't be in game.
    Which... it just looks like Crysis 3. In a different setting.

It looks good, but not so good that it's unbelievably in game.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    call me a fanboy, but like crytek, coz it always delivers the goods when it comes to graphics, aesthetics, weapon models, shooting mechanics etc... i like the rendering of the world made on cryengine, they have attention to detail, i noticed that especially in Crysis 2 level design, it was absolutely detailed and that's what i liked, i felt it was really Battery park, or pier 17 Newyork.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    :p

I saw more visually advanced next-gen engines, that's all. :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    man why they keep doing FPS games? we need good Third Person SHooters. i wish this game is in TPS. sneak, grap, kill etc...cover fire etc...damn this industry and their fools.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^^ Sniper Elite v3 is out soon.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    is it ? ahh thanx.. they may give me a relief.

14. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Have to say when I watched that back live last night, I thought exactly the same that it would be nicer in 3rd person.

The game itself looks ok, nothing special so far. I love the originals MP and so hope they continue with great MP.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What with the photo taking?

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    if any of you guys notice that next gen fps is about the amount of character interactions, character animations,plus high res textures out of the box.certainly this started E3 2013 with tom clancy's the division, having top notch character animations.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ubi did that with FC3, then it turned out to be nothing like the animations we saw in trailers.

Besides Vaas.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    far cry 3 have ok character animations,it has better character interactions( grabbing objects, lifting bodies, etc) but the work done now is on the interaction with the world, grabbing objects,opening doors etc.., these stuff is what next gen is starting about at the moment, the graphics part won't be better than the eye candy dx11 in crysis 3 for at least 2 years i would say.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    did anyone notice the gamescom gameplay trailer, the games looks ****e for a cryengine next gen console game, wtf is going on, is it really that much downgrade to accomodate consoles???