Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    Why does a different XML changes than the vsnc ore you can produce graphic bugs with too high water resolution with using the old savegame?

Did this more than ten times today, no problem here.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    And when you mess up with the game like that going back to original XML config , sometimes it ****s up rendering settings, and stops working , like SHADOWS for example.

I saw some screenshot comparisions here with shadows totally at ULTRA RETAIL settings.

The SHADOWS DO CHANGE A LOT and are SOFT SHADOWS now and more quality and more quantity everywhere.

Do I have to show how shadows really looks like at my XML?

Because people getting trash to the thread posted shots with HORRIBLE SHADOWS.

So wtf?

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I think someone needs a break. :3eyes:

4. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Im fixing all that, the smoke and shadow issue for example. It had wrong values and that's why it has bugs.

I will upload Version 3.0

5. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, the people getting trash to the thread needs a break.

I explained everything fine, I just get mad at people like that.

Do I have to show how the XML really looks like ?

Shadows , car reflections, etc? that can be seen at screenshots?

I saw "comparision shots" lacking all that. So what you have to say about that?

6. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    The answer does not answer my question.

7. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes I did answer.

I said when you mess up with render config going back to "original" it messes up the render.

So stop going back to original, back to XML mod, going back to original, etc.

I saw worse render issues doing that before, and is not the XML mod fault , is the game engine/render/savegame that does this when you mess up like that with configs.

I will post some screenshots with the XML MOD 3.0 in a while and you will see every improvement that can be seen in a shot , that are more when you actually play it.

I will point every improvement for the "blind people"

8. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    You said the savegame will keep all the settings, but that's wrong.
    But you can change the water resolution to 4096 and you will get graphic bugs, you can change vsync from 1 to 2 and you will get locked framerate...
    And all that works with an old save game.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

I think the problem is that nowhere in this thread until now, did anyone mention that you need to start a new game to see changes

10. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    I don't get it, when we put your XML file to the correct folder, start up the game and load the game from our savegame, does your XML not work? Do we have to delete our savegame file and start a new game to see the changes taking effect? You didn't mention that before.

11. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's

why the hell do people keep asking this question? ENB only works on dx9 games, it WON'T work on DX11/64 bit, which is what WD's is based on.....

as for those who say "the xml doesn't make a difference", you are either blind or willfully ignorant. the difference is visible to anyone who knows what to look for.

i see more the obvious gamma/contrast changes, more intense bloom, more debris in the streets, wind effects and tree/bush physics seem to be improved as well, and shadows and reflection resolutions look better as well.

there are a few bugs like shadow and smoke flickering, but overall it DOES make the game look nicer. and with a good sweetfx preset, it looks even better.

and yes, screenshots are fairly useless here. you need to actually play the game with the xml to note the differences.

12. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    If you mess up with going back to original render/engine settings like people is doing, it will mess up entirely the savegame.

If you do this once wont do anything, and ocassionally if you keep going to waypoints it will fix.

But trust me, it does happens since it happened to me and I didn't do this since yesterday. I had weeks doing this and Ive experienced this issue.

Like I said, I will post shots with the real XML working and point every improvement , if some people is blind isn't my fault.

some shots here had horrible shadows and my XML has soft shadows first and way more shadows and better.

And all the rest of course, I will post here how the XML really looks like without messing the render like some people is doing here.

13. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    I think I just explained this. You can do that once, not a lot of times.

You change it one time and it will work fine, you do going back to original, going back to modded XML and so on and it will mess the render/engine and the savegame.

The best you can do if you already screwed it up is trying to go to waypoints and see if it fix it.

Otherwise, you have to start all over again.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm sorry but with the exception of the obvious gamma and contrast changes most everything else claimed is placebo just like changing defferedFX to pc from console does nothing.
    That makes no sense as the file is read only and you are not altering anything in the game install.

15. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Really? I will post you shots with the real XML working and pointing every improvement, then find me a screenshot not from you, from some site review at ULTRA retail settings and prove me my XML mod doesn't do anything.

You will see shadows, car reflections, rain particles and splashes, better lighting , bloom, better texturing and filtering , better FOV and some more, in a screenshot.

From there you and the trashers will have to stop bs here.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    From what I can see - reflections are finally working.
    It may seem small to some, but fake reflections piss me to no end :bang::bang:

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Still don't get it LOL

18. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    why are you apologizing? lol.

i've been playing the game everyday since launch, and i am extremely perceptive when it comes to visuals, i notice most effects, even the most subtle of them.

i'm not blind, and the differences are not a placebo. don't insult my intelligence.

defferedFX PC DOES make a difference, it's subtle but it does make a difference. the two most common "comparison" shots floating around are not even properly comparing what the effect does. defferedFX makes minor explosions, like fuse box explosions appear more pronounced and dramatic.

it doesn't seem to affect anything else.

there is a comparsion someone on neogaf made comparing both pc and console defferedFX and it shows a definite difference. i'll see if i can find it.

19. jamc

jamc Guest

GPU:
    Msi R9 270x 2GB
    I bet a video will make them stop whining. Also I suggest you make a tutorial on how to make the thing work. I'm sure most people with the screenshots and people complaining did not make it work properly.

20. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes I will do videos, as I did before and when I asked the people that says it doesn't do "anything" to post me videos looking like that they disappeared.

Here you have 3 shots I just taked at full daylight, no rain nothing. I even tried to not take the shot with the sun in front, to point as well lighting.

Look reflections, shadows, colors, texturing etc.

And that is only 1080p and 2xMSAA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clear now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.