Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    ^ have tried to set the 2 last lines respectively from 150 to 350 / 5 to 25 and coulnd see any diff so it must be more "techy"

2. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    I need to change the brightness, as it's too dark on my calibrated monitor. Which value do I have to edit in xml? I have to rise it from 27 to 75...

3. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    The Contrast
    The brightness in the GUI changes the gamma.

4. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    You have to use the good old tricks everybody's using, other than that there's nothing we can do to improve the performance except waiting patiently for a proper patch that may or may not happen. You don't have to mess with the XML file though.

1. Get to the in-game graphics settings and put everything to max except texture settings (which is under display menu), put the texture to "high".
    2. Under the display menu, select "Temporal SMAA" for better performance.
    3. Under the display menu again, turn off vsync. Do not use any fps limit, set it to 60.
    4. Set gpu max buffering frame to 1, that might help.
    5. Use radeonpro to force vsync and triple buffering. Lock the fps to 30 if you must.
    6. In radeonpro, right click on the game's profile and select "add startup parameter". Fill the box with the following: -disablepagefilecheck
    7. Launch the game through radeonpro.

Stuttering will not be so unbearable now, alas it won't completely go away. But these steps will make a great deal of difference.

5. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Looks like you've just turned the gamma 'up to 11' there ;-) (Out of very slight passing interest, what have you changed?)

No one's saying chaging the xml settings has no effect, just that it doesn't have any significant beneficial effect, aside from perhaps a few higher resolution shadow and reflection /water maps. The rest of it is just brightness and contrast tweaks.

It's a bit like when skyrim first came out. There were a few basic ini tweaks you could do to slightly improve the shadows, and add a few more reflections on water, but it was very minor stuff really. THEN, out came the ENB mods and all the actual high res texture replacers etc etc, and skyrim became one of the best looking games, ever.

Again, just like icenhancer's mod for GTA4, this is because they are using ENB. I'm a huge fan of ENB modding and use them all the time, because they really are game changing, and actually do make a difference.

So, ENB mod for Watchdogs anyone?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  6. ombra9

ombra9 Guest

GPU:
    Msi r9 290x 4gb ynix
    I perhaps I have badly explained, the problem is I have the frame, when I put gameprofile 2.0 myGames. I wanted to ask how can I solve this problem.
    I read that with the 2.0 gameprofile I can not change the graphic parameters in the game menu but the XML, right?

7. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Well I tested out the v2.0 this morning for a bit done one mission with the config, I have to say I'm very unsure off it as it seems to make my game very blurry also looks a tad red something don't look right. I also saw quite a performance drop down hitting30 fps average from 50 fps. Not sure if RGB or colour vales are changed in the XML file.

8. Gorefather

Gorefather Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R290x
    Lightprobes.

9. Type-R

Type-R Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 780 Ti
    To change parameters in the xml without increasing the use of VRAM?

Or penalize parameters using the VRAM, for example textures?

10. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    It's blurry, and the performance has dropped a lot because he's activated TXAAx2 anti aliasing with v2. TXAA is notoriously horrible and blurs the whole screen even more than FXAA. SMAA is currently the best looking and best performing AA solution in watchdogs.

TXAA is a massive resource hog even on my 780Ti's, in watchdogs (it eats even more Vram and just makes the stutter worse) which is why the performance is down.

I don't know why I keep posting in here to be honest. It's just fanning the flames of this hokum mod.

11. ombra9

ombra9 Guest

GPU:
    Msi r9 290x 4gb ynix
    how can i set texture to high in xml??? or i can change it from graphics menu of the game??

12. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    ombra9,

Try opening the XML file with Notepad, find the string that says "PCCustomTextureQuality=“high” and delete the value in the quotation marks, and place “medium” there instead. I guess that'd give you a performance boost but you should keep in mind that the default ultra/retail settings would still be smoother so don't expect wonders with that.

Don't change anything from the graphics menu while using custom XML, by the way, that would render the XML file uneffective.

No problem, buds. Glad you got it to work. I'm not sure if there's a command line that can force anisotropic filtering through the XML file, though. I'm using radeonpro to force it myself.

13. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    yep that's nifty to have control over :)

Boris could maybe bring back some additional stuff (real headlight shadows) and improve the Rain and make it Real ;)

Though most of ENB things are already in here they also use a Bilateral Filter for the Shadows hehe ;)
    And they have a very nice HDR Render system imo :)

But overall the small Details lack compared to Rage and GTA 4/5 for example :(

The thing with the Water Hydrant and the sprite particles Clipping through the Car is really "cough" that could have been pretty easily fixed but seems no one really cared that is really sad especially in 6 month of additional polishing time they took :(

Always if i see this i could start to cry :(

If Aiden could he would make a face palm here for you, but his reaction is obvious anyways "better don't look @ it" it's French Logic ;)

[​IMG]

14. Robonator

Robonator Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 680 2GB
    I have some really weird FPS-drops with the xml v2.0
    For an example:
    I am in a mission and i enter a tiny room. My fps go down to around 5-10 and it's stuttering. As soon as i do one step outside the room it runs fine again.
    Another example:
    I am on the sidewalk standing near the street and it starts to stutter. i do one step back and it runs fine again.
    i can't really explain this.

15. Gorefather

Gorefather Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R290x
    Sarcasm?

16. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I've been thinking the same thing days ago. There are some differences, but they don't stand out much on my screen. It's like you have to look for it and if I have to do that, then I'll pass or see if OP can really make a change in the future.

I was looking to see if ENB would work for this since it came out. I don't know of the compatibility because of this being a 64-bit game, but I would like to test a couple of features. Like someone else said, most of ENBs current features are in this game. ENB is one to make a noticeable visual difference in games though.

For me, SweetFX doesn't do a standout job for this either, but there's a couple of things I'm playing around with that doesn't involve heavy contrast or altered coloring some of the configs on the web has. Hope OP can find some things that actually stand out because that would be great, but not much is going on so far besides stutter mainly.

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Still waiting for v2 kadzait24 TOD compare shots :(

[​IMG]

Here is Dawn though sun Position is not the same as in the E3 Demo it's on the Wrong side ;)

[​IMG]

And here is the Rendering State before the Night is enabled it's in between Dawn and Night and it starts to become slower now ;)

Only Photos Today Autographs tomorrow ;)

[​IMG]

Night is here, geez even the AI drives sometimes pretty Reckles *rofl* but ok Emergency Life and Death so we understand it if you take that Traffic Light with you no problem *lol*

Ah i love dynamic OPWs :)

[​IMG]

And here is the E3 Demo Build Scene (compressed) i tried to sharpen it just a bit compensating the quantization) but oversharping isn't really avoidable to much data lost of the original input.

[​IMG]

the comparison lacks as the casting shadows can't be the same as the sun was directly facing Aiden in the Demo Scene @ Dawn TOD.

Also the Video compression did a lot of damage to the colors reducing them significantly.

The only thing for sure is that Overall the scene details have been heavily reduced also the complexity of the whole scene surroundings.

Transparency overhead was avoided for example changing the whole front of the building into a cubemap store instead of leaving it transparent ;)

Though further compares need to be done how a Pizza store looks like now instead of Mama Reyn (Resto Windy) it was replaced with ;)

The Ambrose was also heavily downgraded visually in polygon count

Each light bulb was a individual prop it was changed to a flat texture afterwards

Nope can still become very useful ;)

The Rendering breakdown though is mostly due to my 460 GTX 1GB and i switch between Engine and Firefox which is also consuming the VRAM and they both fight for it and the relocation is not really that fast taking place when switching back into the Engine ;)

But yeah Ultra textures is heavy to keep stable :)

18. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    The problem with the people posting "comparision shots" between my XML and the original game is the SAVEGAME of the game keeps all settings from my XML config when you load back with original ultra settings.

The engine takes all the settings in the savegame, that's why you cant do comparision shots like that.

Its pretty obvious by just looking ONE OF THE IMPROVEMENTS : Car Reflections.

And then all the rest that are a lot.

You cant do comparision shots when the engine and game takes all my XML settings and when you go back to original. IT KEEPS THE SAME RENDER CONFIG.

Understood?

I have to say again all the improvements? Because some people must be blind.

- Improved Shadows, a lot, soft shadows for example and more.
    - Improved Lighting everywhere, daylight, night etc.
    - Improved Bloom ( now turned on )
    - Improved car lights at dawn, night, rain, etc... you see the car lights at 3 blocks away.
    - Improved Texturing and filtering made by the engine itself
    - Improved Physics, vegetation, trees, etc.
    - Improved Particles, everwhere more and better ( now fixing smoke )
    - Improved Prob Lights ( this is street lights and every light in the game )
    - Improved DOF
    - Improved FOV , a lot here.
    - Improved Rain rendering, more rain density and splashes
    - Improved Decals
    - Improved Physics and Particles for the stuff moving in the air street, etc.
    - Improved Colors in the whole game
    - Improved Vegetation ( now adding more )
    - Improved Car Reflections
    - And some more

So, now... please stop BS.

Thanks , and btw all the "comparision shots" in screenshots are void now.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    So using your XML and my savegame will load the XML from my original settings and ignore your XML?

So we need to start a new game when using your XML ?

20. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Yes, it voids the original XML the savegame keeps all the rendering settings, this is why you CANT DO THAT, and there you have all the improvements, if people is totally blind or just want to get trash to the thread isn't my fault.

I don't get mad with recommendations like before, but I do get mad when people just get trash to the thread confusing people and they don't even realize the game never looks the same as original retail.

I played the game on Ultra at my friend house today and the difference is pretty obvious everwhere, with all improvements I just posted here that are REAL.

The game messes with savegame when you go back to original so don't do that anymore and please try to be a little more realistic , the game DO changes a lot of stuff using the XML, are engine settings !!!! FOR CHRIST SAKE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.