Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    I tried xml 2.0 beta, buggy, smoke, a sudden drop in fps ... on GTX780 OC.
    wait for new stable version, and fix ubisoft.
    but maybe it is also blame of the download I was going doing on the same hard disk

3. Gorefather

Gorefather Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R290x
    Could you check your pagefile? I wonder what it's at. I was using 14-16GB of RAM at one time (My pagefile is in memory.) I have 32GB.

For the ones that need an easy XML editor:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7973

4. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    ^ no pagefile at all neither, i found a few places where i have 5400MB used.

Im aware of why it's so. idk a bit, still playable here though. 14Go of system memory used jeez thats a democratic release xD

5. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    Tessellation :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    nice i think, hows the impact on system ? which is the line to play with this tess ?

7. Gorefather

Gorefather Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R290x
    MaxTessellationFactorPerScreenSpaceUnit

MaxTessellationFactor

I think.

8. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    ok, but i dont see those in the v2.0 of Kadzait24. He must have left it aside.

9. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    @kadzait24

i didn't read anything after my last post yet but here is the Demarco E3 scene for me @ Daytime TOD @ Ultra settings

I gonna capture it @ dawn time as well and try to catch the exact sun position so the shadows fall exactly half on the sidewalk like in the Demo Next ;)

I hope we gonna find the Game Engines Debug Functions soon, but TOD is changing pretty (Gametime Cycle) fast so it shouldn't take a long time before the correct sun position is reached ;)

I can see the shadows moving towards the correct position very rapidly they move in like 1s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DayTime TOD @ E3 Sun position

[​IMG]

10. Gorefather

Gorefather Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R290x
    It's in there, but it couldn't be it. Changed it to 0 but it's still there?

11. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    :nerd: ^found it, thx

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Can someone show me on the map where that theatre building is?

I thought I knew but last night spent ages trying to find it and failed miserably

13. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    If you have checked it as a historical point maybe you can get there by looking in your smartphone PI's ?

Don't know, freaking big map in deed :)

14. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    just look @ my minimap and locate that 3d building while in M (map mode) that shouldn't be really hard :)

15. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    exactly, and its not me asking but thx

16. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Right, tried v2 this morning and I'm going out on a limb here and declaring this tweak utter snake oil.

Only a few other people seem to have called it, and bothered to do some proper comparison shots, so I'm going to add to them.

Why isn't kadzait doing direct comparisons screengrabs or videos between the standard game and his tweaked ones? Because....... there is zero difference.

Below are a few daytime comparisons after loading my current game save from the Owl motel. I'll do some night ones later.

The 'normal' game shots are all at max settings, apart from shadows on high, and I have altered the brightness and gamma settings to match those of kadzaits with a few minor personal tweaks i.e.

NewBrightness="1" Contrast_v3="1.01" NewGammaRamp="0.93" GammaRampR="1.02" GammaRampG="1.07" GammaRampB="1.06"

The 'kadzait' shots are with the xml file as is, but I have edited the rest to match my current 'normal' max settings, with appropriate screen res for my monitor, smaa (instead of txaa2 in v2), vsync etc.

I'm also running very light sweetfx at all times which is on in all these shots, only settings turned on are very light lumasharpen and slight contrast s curve.
    Edit - I'm also forcing 16x AF in the nvidia control panel, which does work

'normal' game xml
    [​IMG][/IMG]

kadzait xml
    [​IMG][/IMG]

'normal' game xml
    [​IMG][/IMG]

kadzait xml
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Spot any difference? Nope.

Why is no one doing direct comparisons!? And doing same locations, same time of days shots is easy. Just go to sleep in the owl motel until 8pm for night tests, which I'm doing shortly....

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The game is obviously not using the modded XML in those comparison shots

Same thing happened to me last night, I haven't worked out why yet, but it's pretty obvious that its not working if you look at the videos and screens of the ones where it is using it as they are completely different to default

18. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)
    This thread is hilarious, a guy comes in (I'm talking about William456) posts a HUGE LOAD of oversharpened screens with HUGE contrast and he's using sweetFX over the OP's supposedly wonder config.

That alone defeats the purpose of comparison as its mostly different because of that SweetFX (that sharpening is horrible btw, im going to have nightmares)

Then a bunch of sheep continue to congratulate the OP for contrast and brightness change forgetting how retail game actually looks like.

Like ConfidenceMan pointed out, this config increases resolution of few effects, like reflections are a little more accurate and some normal maps may appear sharper but its mostly just contrast and it introduces more game bugs.

This is not tesselation , those are NORMAL MAPS, they are flat and they are present in retail release without config tweaks. Config tweaks may or may not increase their resolution. ( bottom screens show they are actually as sharp in retail release)

Honestly ? This thread reminds me of this.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch...uality-option-improves-significantly-visuals/

Later people with valid comparisons proved this is placebo and that's what nvidia has to say about it in their watch dogs graphics, performance and tweaking guide.

Now I will repost this in case it was lost in ocean of retarded oversharpened sweetfx shots covering 2 pages of this thread.

19. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    I don't mean to be disrespectful of your work here, kadzait24, but I tried your updated XML and failed to see any difference at all at night time. Stuttering was much worse though, and fps drops while walking now as well (which didn't happen when using the retail ultra). I changed the "high" texture value to "medium" in your XML, just to see if that'll stop the stuttering, but with no luck.

Judging by the pictures you provided, it seems like the buildings cast shadow now in daytime but I'm not sure if it indicates an improvement in lighting or if the game creates object shadows in one TOD depending on the position of the sun (light source) and not in another.

Again I appreciate your work and fully support your efforts to make the game look even better, but I have to conclude that the config you provided did not dramatically change the way the game looks but hammered the performance greatly. If the differences are not so easily noticable, I'd say the fps hit isn't worth it.

Maybe we're taking the wrong road here, and maybe we should focus on commands that improve performance without too much loss on the overall graphics quality. I'd humbly suggest you try making an XML that increases the performance, maybe with the help of other guys here who're editing the XML file as well. That'd be a lot, and I mean A LOT more beneficial and appreciated by the community. Maybe when you're done with your ultra graphics XML, you can start working on it. Just a thought.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  20. forms

forms Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1500mhz
    Great work kadzait24!
    Does anyone know if I can make the distant ground less blurry?
    mediafire.com/convkey/7f17/9c86oudf2fmrn26fg.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.