Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Not really I already have gone this far, I have problem converting / adapting to the variables in the current Paexec code.

I guess for now ill enter all the possible NT authority difference....

If anyone can solve this...

I must replace the hard-coded "NT Authority\" with a LPTSTR variable named DomainName.

"DomainName" contain the correct "NT Authority" detected from the system.

The problem is I'm unable to adapt it to the code due to my lack of knowledge in c++

Code:
    				try
    				{
    					CString name = GetTokenUser(hToken);
    					const wchar_t arg[] = L"NT AUTHORITY\\";
                        if(0 == _wcsnicmp(name, arg, sizeof(arg)/sizeof(arg[0])-1))
    					{

CloseHandle(hProcess);
    						return hToken;
    					}
    				}
    				catch(...)
    				{
    					_ASSERT(0);
    				}

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800

the warning message are messed up, because there is no line break,

and when you try to read it, its like threatening you,

now if you think that its fine like that, then good for you,

but i'm suggesting a change, because the casual users,
    the one that wont get it from Guru3D, but might try it because they heard about it or someone suggested it, or like what recently happened, DDU got put into a magazine,

that casual user, will see that warning message and might get scared, and ended up never using DDU,

that's why i suggested on changing it into a more readable and friendly message.

no need to get angry at me, if you guys think this is not worth doing,
    then it doesn't need to be done,

all i did is only making suggestion.

just my 2 cent.

ps : english is not my native language, so the meaning might be lost in translation.

edit : fixed typo.

3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I changed them a bit recently.
    Could you point me to the one that seems threatening?

4. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    i haven't used DDU recently, last time i use is when i rolled back from 14.6 to 13.12, so i didn't know if you make changes,

and the one that i mentioned is not the latest DDU,

well, next time i used DDU, i will let you know.

5. Jackal912

Jackal912 New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 5700
    I have a bit of a strange/worrying issue. My computer was having some issues playing a specific game (ctds/BSODs), I looked it up and it turns out that bad old drivers were causing a lot of people problems with this game and completely uninstalling and reinstalling them fixed it. Outside of this game, though, my computer ran perfectly, never crashed, etc. So, I download this program and the latest drivers, boot up safe mode, and run this program with uninstall and reboot. It shuts down, and immediately gives me a black screen with six long beeps instead of rebooting. Looking it up, apparently six beeps on a Dell system means 'video failure' which doesn't help me much.

I turn it off, hit the power button again, and it successfully boots up to windows (with the usual low resolution for having no drivers installed) - in the bottom right corner a thing pops up that windows is autoinstalling drivers for the display device, which I was slightly worried about but there was no way to cancel it. A minute later, the screen goes black and I get the six long beeps again. I go to safe mode again, re-wipe it in case the new drivers messed things up, get the 6 beeps again on log off, boot up the PC, try to install drivers in safe mode, and can't - something about being unable to use detection drivers.

I unplug the internet, try to boot it up again to see if that will prevent the automatic driver installation, but after a few minutes the screen goes black and I get the beeps even without the automatic driver install. I try to load my system restore point - after a few minutes, the screen goes black (this time no beeps). I try to even use the memory diagnostic on the system restore screen - no luck, after a few minutes, the screen goes black, no beeps.

I have no idea what to do - this seems to have completely killed my computer, insofar that it prevents even loading a system restore point. However, I can boot up to safe mode just fine, apparently, and can get a minute or two in normal boot before it crashes (not long enough to actually do anything, as it's pretty slow for the first minute or two), so hopefully I'm capable of doing /something/.

Also, after every 6 beep crash, on the next startup I get a message saying that I had an unexpected shutdown, and that it was a BSOD (which I never see, as my screen is black, apparently).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    You have a big HARDWARE problem right there.
    The BEEPS are not a software problem.

7. Jackal912

Jackal912 New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 5700
    It may be a hardware problem but it was certainly somehow caused by a software one - years of use and the video card goes bad in the middle of uninstalling video card drivers? Is it possible the drivers were somehow compensating for a problem and the computer can't cope without them, or something? I'm seriously worried now, it black screens after 5 minutes booting from a windows CD, so I can't even reinstall windows. I honestly have no idea what to do from here.

8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    It is indeed a Hardware problem. It's probably also the cause of all your bsod /ctd.

The fact that it happened right after using DDU is a coincidence.
    as DDU cant cause those beep at post that you are mentioning.

Like you said, the driver was maybe compensating somehow tho.
    But in no case removing a driver can break a card. It can maybe help showing a deeper issue tho.

I would recommended removing / reinserting the videocard.
    Also do the same for your memory.
    Check power cables to the card / mobo.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  9. Jackal912

Jackal912 New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 5700
    Damn, did all of that doesn't seem like anything works, guess I'm screwed 'till I can afford to replace the video card. :(

10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    YOu can also try a CMOS reset and try the videocard on another sem to be 100% sure its the card and not another component.

11. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    It is "Video BIOS Test Failure", did you change/upgrade your graphic card without changing the PSU?

12. Jackal912

Jackal912 New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 5700
    nope, didn't change anything except the drivers.

13. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    I or we are not angry at you or anything.

Everyone has his right to say what he wants/thinks that has to be done, that's why I said that you are probably right and that we could change it somehow more user-friendly.

Wagnard has changed it a bit as I haven't checked it yet, I believe that it is a bit better now.

Although we want to tweak it too a bit, there has to be an easier explanation then the explanation now if you want it to get changed.

But I actually want to stay with my point and I still think it's fine for now and that we should leave it as it is because I see no point in removing some IMPORTANT warnings, because those warnings actually WARN you and does not make the user just skip them.

I hope you understand what I mean and we'll take care of this as soon as possible.

- -

Thanks for your time and goodbye!

Kind Regards

Elite3540

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    On the funny side, it is actually a good thing that the noobs get scared of :) they probably wouldn't have done a backup anyway :p

Just joking while im tired... :p

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller 12.9.3.3 (06-07-2014)

Changelog:
    -Fixed startup on Polish system. -(Please tell me if there is more language that fail to start)

16. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    If you don't change any hardware and it broke itself, then it is better find OEM/Dell to fix it.

17. ivar100

ivar100 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7570 2GB
  18. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Haha, just what I mean! :nerd:

19. weah

weah Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5850 Toxic @1Ghz
    I'd suggest to post your question in a proper support site like this:
    http://codereview.stackexchange.com/

20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks, but I think they wont help me as its mostly for reviewing code. 1 already answer me that. I'm a bit off topic for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.