Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaredpace

jaredpace Active Member

GPU:
    4890 975/1150
  2. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Thank you for your work. It's appreciated. :)

3. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Now we need a mod to make it rain permanently.

4. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    If you want to use same time of day dont just load the save. Go to chosen waypoint and rest till same tod, foolproof.

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Insanity? ;)

Btw: REAL reflections on buildings? REALLY? Do you know what you're asking there? No game can do this (yet).

It's called raytracing if i'm not mistaken. And it doesnt make sense in a room full of mirrors, you'll get the hall of mirros effekt where you see yourself in every mirror.

Same would happen if 1 building in WD would show all other mirrored buildings as well and so on, and so on.

It would look weird and it's nigh impossible to calc in realtime, esp with 60fps or higher for WD. Forget it.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Can it be that game synchronizes its ToD with actual current ToD? Metro-games, for example, shows actual time on Artyom`s wrist watch. If yes, then gamer can receive different ToDs on a single save point.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Screen-space reflections could work, that's what the water and part of the rain system uses on the higher settings but windows on buildings and possibly the cars use those pre-computed reflection maps for performance reasons.
    (Meaning you see the same city view in the reflection of every window which looks a bit weird in places but compared to realtime reflections it's likely a lot cheaper in terms of the required compute power or performance impact.)

8. unrealeck

unrealeck Guest

GPU:
    6GB OCZ Triple Channel
    I signed up to guru's forums just to say you hit the nail on the head. I got a link to this forum post on Youtube on the guy's video demonstrating his XML tweaks and before I clicked on over here, I had also noticed and mentioned the lighting from the street lamps was missing. I argued with him to the point where he though I had some sort of agenda against him when I've never seen him in my life. He made broad claims about what the XML changes do.

I see these graphical tweaks all the time in games which fall short of their graphical expectations and people claim they greatly improve the graphics, usually mentioning how they make them look close to the initial expectations which probably arose from an earlier demo showing of the game.

9. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    +1
    When it's stuffed its really stuffed.
    Kudos to OP he did try though and well done on that front.
    To think a few weeks have now elapsed since its release and Ubisoft no patch well well well says a lot doesn't it?

:puke2:

10. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Man this thread has gotten really out of control.
    I'm seeing it posted along with the YouTube videos on every watch_dogs site I've been to.

People are really desperate to fix this game's graphics lol.

11. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    i think in game graphics is wonderful even without tweaks or mods.By the way if someone find a way to improve it,sure ,i will not complain about it

12. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    That's nice ! I will upload new update soon , still working on daylight since that's where the game lacks the most.

13. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Hey there, kadzait24. How can I know your xml file is actually working, would there be any indication in-game? (I've tried the xml in the original post but wasn't sure if it worked correctly).

Did you enhance the amount of rain splashes on objects/ground? It seems so in your video, which is nice, because that had always bothered me as the rain in the debut video was better looking as well (it looked much more dense). Can't wait to try out your updated xml.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  14. Hristi

Hristi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 2GB
    So how's the frame rate? Is it playable?

15. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    i tried it and haven't seen any drop

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    On a 2GB card this XML is unplayable. You will have drops under 30FPS.

17. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    and i have no idea why, as the "Vanilla" graphics are stunning as they are. the E3 2012 demo being touted as "way more impressive" is something that has been blown completely out of proportion.

people seriously need to go back and refresh their memories. apart from a few somewhat noticeable visual effects, the final game remains virtually the same visually.

this "iomg'z! it's NOTHING like teh original demo!" bullcrap is out of hand and annoying. i would agree with the original far cry 3 E3 demo being completely different from the final game, but not watch dogs. this so called "downgrade" has been minuscule by comparison.

18. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    You need to edit resolution back to medium.

Op just raised every setting he think was relevant :wanker:

19. jho9001

jho9001 Member

While being grateful to the OP for the efforts made to tweak this game gfx I would still like to see an accurate screenshot/video comparison; as of now, having tried this XML myself, I'm prone to think that it is mostly a placebo due to "gamma" (and water resolution for what it could matter) changes and slightly different ToD (times of day).

p.s. anyone else also experienced shadows updating only while walking and not with the character standing still?

I'd still like to be proven wrong with the 2.0 XML...

20. Myloween

Myloween Guest

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX TITAN 6GB
    If you change the AA, fps are little bit drop.
    Vrm can limited yes, the game depends a lot of Vram, in 1440p with MSAAx8, the game use 5.300 GB on my rig.

@Kadzait :
    I just wanted to tell you, I give you my support for your incredible work. Some details are not perfect actually, but I hope you will go share your second build. I'm aware it's even WIP.
    All this are very interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.