Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just ignore them, concentrate on your modding not the trolls

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Thanks for the effort and for starting the discussion about modding/ultra settings, but it seems that my initial fears were justified.

Your XML settings are braking retail lightning.

Learn to recognize constructive criticism and keep up the good work

[​IMG]

3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well, this turned quick into a KinderGarden, haha...

Just ignore those Folks...
    I see a difference, and i like it.. BUT, yes there are some things that are Broken...
    Dunno why, but hey, you might fix that....

the 2 pics you just posted..
    Its a huge difference, BUT it could be different daytime, so the sun is somewhere else..
    Also, look at the building in teh BACK. the windows. in teh RETAIL screen the windows do mirror whats on teh other side.
    in the MODDED picture, the windows look dull. nothing mirrored in there like in teh first..

So, im not quite shure whats going on here.. But please keep modding the xml, i really wanna see what you can do.. :)

And look into that tool JonasB posted. you can decompress the REALLY IMPORTANT files and mess with it.. i did it and looked what can be done.. A lot actually..too much to tell now..

anyway..

greetz BetA...(is a Modder to ;))

4. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Here is the heavy rain night video:

The "lightning" some people talks about its messed up, is just because i wanted to keep it that way, since it shows up other graphics at night like this, you can see other lights and reflections much better than with original contrast, thats only the contrast messing with light sources in the street only not with all the rest that are also tweaked, if you dont like that effect just use contrast setting in 1.000. And for the record, the light street sources are not emmiters so there you have why are not showing light, unlike the rest lights, thats why i wanted to keep it like this. Until i found out the street lights emmiters settings, which i dont know them yet.

Now compare with any video at Ultra retail settings with same rain effect, same everything you can see in this video , if you think this is placebo then prove it.

Im still testing night condition, this is just an update.

And like i said i will do Ultra Retail vs XML updated daytime/sunset/dawn/night video comparisions so you can see how much it does changes.

VIDEO NIGHT HEAVY RAIN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVRzE_csqw

5. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes, the windows thing is because light is reflecting from other part unless like the retail version that is just static somewhere.

And its not different time of the day, its exactly same savegame when it finish loading, and i tried that 50 times to see if it changes day time and it never did., so thats the xml working not the game changing the sun place.

6. rawling

rawling Guest

GPU:
    x
    Loading a save clearly doesn't restore a consistent time of day. If you look at the direction of the shadows you can clearly see it's a different time of day. For your two pairs of photos under the bridge where you say "look, mine has dynamic shadows, retail just has a solid shadow", you can see the retail dynamic shadows in the background!

7. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Like i said, ive tried loading the same savegame like 50 times. Everytime it was exactly the same in retail and exactly the same using XML.

So no, it loads always the same condition at that place.

And for the record, thats not a shadow change either. I will show you side by side comparision videos soon, from loading time and walking so you can see how much it does change.

And find me a video like the heavy night rain i just uploaded showing exactly all the same, if you say its a gamma tweak.

8. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    its definitely different ToD, and reloading the game doesn't load the same time. happened to me today when i was trying different settings.
    IMHO nothing can bring this game to level of infamous e3 presentation, without major shaders overhaul.
    kadzait24 when you make a topic with that kind of name people expect actual mod not xml/cfg tweak, btw im not trying to undermine your work:)

9. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Well, if you want to think its the same ToD, then fine.

Ive tried 50 times to load the ultra retail and the XML, same place the 50 times, every time testing both, same condition for both.

So it is a pretty amazing coincidence, or you are mistaken.

And its called a mod because is a modification from retail release, and it does change a lot.

If you want texture changing then wait other "mods".

A mod is a modification, and no one did this before just because they didnt have all the engine settings at hand, it doesnt makes me better than anyone but i hate when peoples mess up other peoples effort like this. And for the worse that same people is using my XML and messing with the settings i shown here to the world.

So, keep thinking your way, i will keep doing what i like.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  10. rawling

rawling Guest

GPU:
    x
    What about in your pictures under the railway bridge, where in retail you can see the dynamic shadows off in the background?

11. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    im not arguing on semantics of "mod" but anyone can test this, load the loop, eastern fast travel point, rest till 13.00 pm and wait, you get same results without your "mod" , the sun will illuminate the building on the left, here first SS is from 13, second is from 14pm when sun is not illuminating the street as much.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Trolls? Troll masters? Sir, you might be suffering from some sort of paranoia. No one in here is seeking personal attention but yourself. Please do not resort to name calling or adhominem when presented with valid concerns (I don't know why I'm defending others.. I guess I just do not condone the behavior).

Dealing with the actual subject matter, your latest comparison is also flawed.
    You claim that ToD is the same, but what are you basing this on? It sure looks like a different ToD. Lets pretend that it actually IS the same time of day though, for a moment, do you acknowledge that while some lighting appears in your version, that some is also missing from your version? That the reflections on building windows is flat/dull/missing?

It's a moot point because it IS a different time of day.

No one wants to see this fail, or turn out to be a waste, we all (the community) have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Please be mature about suggestions and concerns regarding the XML changes. It serves no one to blindly believe without investigation.

13. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Which settings are altering the lighting effects?
    Might be able to just remove those and keep the rest of the cfg.

14. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Well, like i said prove me with a video by "yourself" im wrong and my xml doesnt do anything.

I like how people seeks attention like this, im not seeking anything bro. I just posted a XML that actually works and is in beta stage so people that really likes this like me can get the game how its supposed to be.

If you like to talk bs, then prove me im wrong , and record everything from where you used my XML and you are using original retail.

I know it changes a lot since im tweaking for a long time by now, i just dont want to deal with people that likes to talk bs in a thread about a game graphics config.

If for you it doesnt do anything, then dont use it.

15. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    i don't know what you get out of it, you just were proved wrong with my screenshots, either your game is broken, or your xml broke it, or you are just full of it. users you provided this mod for don't need to prove you anything, they are criticising stuff you posted on the internet, we all want this game to look better but you are on the wrong track, you provided false screenshots for comparison.

16. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    What? I didn't say to you that it did nothing. Are you replying to the right person?

We all know it changes a lot - who is disputing that?

I think you're creating your own problems, mate. All I've been saying is that there is a better way to accept criticism using terms like stride, adult and class.

Try it. You'll like the way you feel. I guarantee it.

17. noliat

noliat Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB
    Dude... it's nice that you're trying to improve the game's graphics. But when you have a bunch of people saying that the first set of images is a different ToD.. maybe you should look into it. I don't know if you understand how lighting works, but hopefully the images will clear it up for you. They are without a doubt taken at different times.

imgur.com/KSYJRww

imgur.com/7MBprRP

if someone can post images, ty

18. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    I did a night time check and the updated XML seems to be disabling all, or nearly all, dynamic shadows.
    It's most evidenced on the signs shown in the pics but it's effecting ALL street clutter, not just the signs.

19. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Yes i can accept bugs and errors since i know they are there, like night stuff, which im fixing now.

And i made another video with new settings , heavy raining and i pointed out in the video the details so you can see them, and how nice it does look now.

But if i say to you i loaded that savegame 50 times and the 50 times were the same ToD for comparision as well, same ToD every time, so the comparision there is correct. Its not different ToD at Ultra Retail than XML config shot, since both are the same every time i loaded every version, or thats hard to understand?

If the game changes ToD from time to time at the same savegame, it can happen for some people but not for me when i was comparing same savegame loading place.

It was the same, so thats why i did that comparision.

Eitherway, that shots were taken with the first unfinished XML, you wanted it earlier so i posted it, now people are saying things like "placebo" or "it doesnt do anything" or "its a bloom effect only" .

Thats not cool since people like me just wants to help other people, not needing to mess with trolls or some people that wants attention in a lame way.

I will post the updated video using the updated XML at heavy rain so you can see and tell me from there whats wrong and whats good.

20. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    You are just trolling now, are you. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.