Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    Wow, the changes for the daylight shots are huge! No more drab lighting, it actually looks great now. Can't wait to try it out.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Just tried it during intermission. Looks nice.. Unplayable though.. Needs a medium and high version. Current version is a worse stuttering mess than Vanilla ultra.

4. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Yes its pretty resource eater like this, but i will upload low, med as well without losing too much quality from the modifications.

I uploaded first this one since it shows the max quality you can get out of Watch Dogs, and still testing other settings as well so it will look even better.

Here is a new video at night ( E3 place ) but without rain, i was playing and i liked it , sad it didnt rain !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZCsOwwNfo

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    PLACEBO...all of it

The real difference on those screens comes from those strings - NewBrightness="_" Contrast_v3="_" NewGammaRamp="_" GammaRampR="_" GammaRampG="_" GammaRampB="_" ...just check it 4urslf - copy/ past those lines from this dude's cfg to yours, default cfg ;)

Other stuff which are unreasonably kills overall performance, is --- increased (if any) resolution for water, msaa for water reflections (lolwhut...using fxaa as generall AA but with msaa for water?! lol) res for non-water reflections, some stuff on lod, etc. - non essential, almost unnoticeable w/o those gamma change...but performance breaking in general - just check it...change it manually...

...it's like same sh*t with Wolfenstain. So many users screaming about how they increased IQ beyond heavens with some commands, cfg strings and such while they don't even bother with checking the console logs itself to realise that those variables even doesn't work in this version of id Tech engine. Omg...

...another thread with placebo-nubish-rubbish "wheel invention" attempt.

PS.

[​IMG]

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    HI.... A placebo is when something is claimed to result in a different experience, but actually doesn't do anything.. Whether you think his edits are good, half assed, or useless doesn't matter..

Do they change the way the game looks: Yes
    What have you done to help: Nothing
    Does your opinion and claim it's placebo stand any ground: Nope..

Just stop..

7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Wow, that mod looks good. Has more red colors. Now i know why i feel retail WD looks so 'cold', they turned up all the blue colors and reduced red.

Will def check this mod out.

8. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    It looks far more prettier, but it enabled Online Hacking which I don't want on. Am I able to disable it without ruining the config settings? What do I put in the XML to change the AA to Temporal?

EDIT: I'm guessing the idea is you can change settings in XML but not in-game.
    I wanted to change the refresh rate from 60 to 120hz but did it in-game instead.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Actually online invasions always resets to on when you start the game since the setting does not save to the config file, I find it quite annoying. :)
    (Other online activities can't be disabled so you will still get notifications in purple for racing, invading others and so on.)

EDIT: Also regarding the above, water reflection anti-aliasing is a default setting on high and ultra.

10. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Really? I haven't come across that issue at all. It switched on as I placed the config file and already been invaded twice in just minutes. (Killed one, but the other one presumably escaped as my computer went to BSOD.)

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    You could leave Uplay on offline mode, but i dunno if you have gameplay features locked as well.

12. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Let that people think that way is fine. The lighting is a gamma change, wheel invention, then we just change gamma on all our games and we got dynamic lighting, even tetris or pong.

And for the rest improvements like car reflection , bloom and the rest ( a lot ) then nothing matters.

There is people like that everywhere, like a guy at YT that said to me zippyshare got adware on his computer.

Whatever

13. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Getting weird lines in the water.

http://i.imgur.com/plWFvoI.png

Also getting weird reflection glitches on the car where it looks like the game is stitching 2 reflections together so I get a flat line across them.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah those, that's why I did not increase the next-gen water reflections past 1536

<quality id="ultra"
    DisableScreenSpaceReflection="0"
    DisableSplinesInReflection="0"
    ReflectionMaxDistanceScaleModifier="1.0"
    WaterRefraction="1"
    WaterReflectionSizeThreshold="3"
    WaterReflectionQuality="7"
    ReflectionTextureSizeX="2048"
    ReflectionTextureSizeY="2048"
    ReflectionMultiSampleMode="4"
    DisableWater="0"
    WaterNextGenQuality="1536"

That's what I'm using for water quality at the moment, the bolded parets is what I changed, rest is default for that preset.
    (However the two ReflectionTextureSize settings likely has no effect when the next-gen water shader is in use.)

Increasing the quality (resolution?) to 2048 or even 4096 looks nice though but those lines are a problem.

15. kadzait24

kadzait24 Guest

GPU:
    Well is good to have amd users test the xml since i dont get those lines at all, even at 4096.

I decided to keep it 2048 since it actually looks amazing.

Maybe is some amd drivers issue.

What im having issues now is the SLI scaling of this game that has nothing to do with the xml , is the drivers or game itself. Sad this thing happens always with sli users. I have to use single gpu to get out stutter, sometimes it stutters and freezes to 2fps for some seconds in SLI .

16. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Yeah, I forgot I could just disabled my network. :p Thanks anyway. :)

I have a theory (That is a joke): What if the graphics from E3 are in retail? We just have to 'hack' the config file. :O

17. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Sounds bad to me. I can run Black Flag at 60fps with Ultra settings, 4xTXAA and SweetFX Lumasharpen. Although that was at 2-3 months after launch with good support from Nvidia.

18. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)

Umm, I'm sorry but original game looks better here. There are no shadows from the advertisment stand in modded XML, and the light is missing on the building on the left side in first screen

DYNAMIC LIGHTNING? Dude, you just broke the dynamic lightning, there are no dynamic shadows in your XML modified version and lightning on trees is completely broken.

It looks like somehow you reduced the amount of light street lamp posts produce, that results in darker image and it looks silly. Third image lacks lightning on the building's side on the left side of the screen. It clearly should have that lightning there coming from nearby lamp post.

During night every light is dynamic, just try using ''blackout'' hack.....

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  19. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)
    EDIT : Sorry for double post

20. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    thx for this work.

is it ok to change the resolution or will this **** up the game???
    i play @2560 x 1600 not @ 1080 .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.