Glenn Beck thinks Watch Dogs teaches you how to hack the real world

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, May 31, 2014.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    but the healthcare network is real and could be hack and everyone identity,social security numbers taken and used.

I found out you can also hack the emergency broadcast system and broadcast zombie attacks.(somebody already did this)

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400

Well that's were we differ because all i take away from that picture is the waste of good tin foil. ;)

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    BREAKING NEWS: People knew how to hack BEFORE watchdogs was released ! :eek:

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Yeap, humans have been hacking away at things since they first fashioned their first tools. ;)

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    So true and they built the pyramids, or did they........

6. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    I'm not confused. You are. Real-world environment. Chicago is a real place. The game takes place in a world world environment, not Super Mario World.

Yes, and the more connected everything becomes the more vulnerable it becomes.

Prejudice is a disgusting thing.

Whats your point?

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    What, Pre judices helps baste and keep your meat/chicken moist, and adding some gravy granules to your Pre Judices helps create a tasty gravy, and tin foil only helps keep all those Pre judices sealed in for flavour. :)

MmmMmmMMMmMM. lol

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Shhhh, I was not talking to you, settle yourself down kiddo

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    [​IMG]

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wow... Unbelievable. Surely not even you believe that drivel. Chicago is a real place, yes. Chicago in W_D is Chicago in a video game. It's not real. There's not much more to add.

BTW, yeah, I guess you're right. W_D makes me hack, WildStar makes me ride my unicorn into the rainbow, topless, with my middle finger up.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFMpySg_UrM#t=0m45s

on a serious note, relativism in a manner "lets study the art work of 20century Austrian painter Adolf H." is in core of every agenda driven revisionism

and similarly, being genuinely interested in what Beck has to say, you either have to have an agenda or simply too much time on your hands.
    a fool is a fool, and thats no name calling

12. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    And movies taking place in the real world aren't in the real world they're in a movie in the real world. Books as well. Talk about difficulty discerning.

Ahah, I disagree with you therefor you must be a. and b.. Can't possibly have a different viewpoint and still be respectable. /sarcasm (Used markers in-case there was trouble discerning the difference.)

If I didn't know any better I'd think I was on a Black Panther or Aryan Nation forum for how prejudiced and closed minded of a group you all are. Instead of looking down on someone for their skin color, you look down on them for their viewpoint on video games' possible influence on society. I'm not sure which is worse. Maybe someone should make a video game about how closed minded, prejudiced and ignorant the global society is and so full of hatred for anyone they disagree with.

As an adult who can respect diversity I say, I may disagree with his conclusion but it's a worthy conversation albeit more philosophical than practical in nature.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    He didnt? Well, that's what I heard him yapping on about for the first 5 minutes of the video. You should redirect your question to HIM since he was the one doing the extreme and absurd claims.

Sure, he's got a general point...ish but it's his presentation of the subject including his facts that most of us here don't agree upon.

I agree with you that culture (may it be digital or otherwise) has some influence on how we evolve as human beings but it's hard to see that when he spews blah blah, wouldn't you agree?

14. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    I listened to the whole thing and not once did he say the game teaches you how to do anything.

So what if his presentation skills suck? That's no reason to go on and on about what type of a person we think he is because we don't agree with his presentation method. He didn't really offer up any facts of his own, just a case or two that really happened involving video games where the actual perpetrator blamed their actions on the video game.

I remember playing the Lego Movie video-game, and you know what? It also tackles real-world social issues and brings up some good points about society as a whole. The premise of the game is that society is built by instructions and anyone who steps outside of the norm should be punished and exiled. The whole game is one giant philosophical exercise represented by Lego people. The Lego Movie video-game gives a pretty good parable of the utopian world where no-one is allowed to be different. Reminds me of the book "The Giver", which is a book on the same subject.

Some people are ever-philosophical and see everything through those eyes. So what if it's different than how we see it or want to see it. Some of us see games as an escape from the real world, some of us see games as a product of the real world, others see games as a gateway in to the minds of someone's creativity. So what?

The only people who are wrong are the ostentatious pigs in this topic who think someone is below them because they disagree on a video game's influence on society and culture.

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    You can't have it both ways, you cant accuse others of being close minded about others opinion, then yourself be closed minded about others opinions, you just tarred yourself with your own brush. lol

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Don't argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Source: A quote on the net somewhere that applies to many people on forums

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Again, you're trying to defend this blabbering douche on a technicality. He didn't say this, he said that... Fact is, the dude can't even put a sentence together so I wouldn't nitpick. It's the general message he's sending.

BTW, there is a difference between Chicago in Mike and Molly and Chicago in W_D. You know, the one in Mike and Molly IS actually real!!! talk about failing to grasp the basics.

18. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    I'm not closed minded about anyone's opinion. I see both sides as being valid. What's not valid is railing on someone for choosing one side or another and then putting words in their mouth in order to elevate yourself above them like you're some sort of a supreme being in comparison. Who's opinion and I closed minded on?

In-fact. I never actually made any determination on the subject. I've never even taken a side in the debate, made a position or argued in favor of either viewpoint. I just wanted to express how thoroughly disappointed and disgusted I am with the members of this site and their inability to see past their own noses at someone who may view things differently.

19. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    So if someone has difficulty speaking publicly they're opinion is invalid? Do you also beat up slow kids in alleys?

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Don't double post, k'thanks