GeForce 337.88 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 26, 2014.

1. Baasha

Baasha Guest

GPU:
    GTX-580 Class. 3GB 4-Way
    No haven't tried that. Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of Surround?

Need to configure Surround - the driver installs fine but I cannot configure Surround.

I will give this a shot and see what happens.

2. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Aha ok, but still you have a Quad Core CPU, And Six Core CPU from Intel works
    faster with THIS game.

And is it not time then to change your Videocard: 2x Asus GTX670-DC2-2GD5
    to Geforce GTX 780Ti?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I suppose a console player might be okay with a min of ~30FPS. I wouldn't be and I don't think most on an enthusiast forum would either. Calling someone a liar based on your low expectations seems a bit over the top.

4. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Ave about 40FPS is very good and nothing wrong with, and only sometimes
    going to 31FPS is also not a Big deal.

And even Guru3D says: 30-40 FPS Average yet very playable.

But you can also set some setting lower, and voila you have 60FPS.

Last edited: May 29, 2014

5. PolishTechGuy

PolishTechGuy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780GHz
    Some tweets from ubi's dev:

Too bad it runs bad even with alot of vram room.

Yep i will play at 720p low settings on a 780 :stewpid:

Yep great job.

That gives some hope, but seeing as he fails to understand that this game runs like **** even on nasa-level rigs doesn't bode well.

6. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 X Trio
    I have a i7-2600K OCed to 4.8ghz. I still see the drops as well. Yes I have a 660 with 3gb of vram. I see about 45fps with drops to around low 20s fps. My settings are everything on Ultra wtih no AA. MSI Afterbrner only shows my CPU hitting around 40% on all 4 cores. my GPU is maxed out at 99% usage. This is on 1080p. When I drop all the settings down to High with no AA, I do not see any drops at all and my fps is always around 35 to 45fps.

7. jpnn80

jpnn80 Guest

Mmh I guess those who bought AND are enjoying the game should be delighted about this news, whereas those who don't fit one of this situation should not...

Still quite ironic for the outlaws to be pirated by using a pirated game which gameplay is about hacking :nerd:

8. jpnn80

jpnn80 Guest

About Vram usage, the benchmark from Guru3D makes me understand that 3GB are enough for gaming at 1080p with 2xMSAA.

This conforts my reasoning that monitors with a native resolution above FullHD are pushed by manufacturers thinking their commercial war can be won upon increasing this specification, without taking any reflection about the hit it implies as a side effect on the gaming power required for their customers, and thus the hit it adds to their wallet.

9. Baasha

Baasha Guest

GPU:
    GTX-580 Class. 3GB 4-Way
    The last working driver (that I have installed again now) is 335.23 WHQL.

The 337.50 caused a lot of issues so I think it's the whole 337 driver family and Surround that's the issue.

As mentioned before, the driver installs fine but I am unable to configure Surround - the screen just appears white (where you can move the monitors around). Even if I skip that screen, the driver doesn't hold Surround.

What I mean is, when I click "Finish", the NVCP shows "Maximize 3D Performance" and the radio button for Surround is not checked. No matter how many times I click it, it just pops back to the other one and when I reboot, Surround is gone and the image shows up only on one monitor.

10. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i guess those cpu's are all at stock speeds?

my fx 6300 6core @ 4.5Ghz probably gets more frames than a stock 8350 8core but overclock the 8core and its pretty damn near the 6core 12 thread i7's

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i get smoother frames in WD by disabling shader cache, i'm gonna disable it by default now, no biggie.

12. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Yes they are, even the Intel Core i7-3960X.

SO it sounds to me that the more cores you have the better the game will run, with same CPU Intel or AMD.

Like with the AMD FX-6300 3,5GHz runs the game on Ave 36fps, Min 28fps with Gefore GTX 780 Ti.

And with a AMD FX 8350 4GHz runs the game on Ave 49fps, Min 38fps with Gefore GTX 780 Ti.

Like with the Intel Core i5-3550 3,3GHz runs the game on Ave 47fps, Min 37fps with Gefore GTX 780 Ti.

And with a Intel Core i7-3960X 3,3GHz runs the game on Ave 65fps, Min 51fps with Gefore GTX 780 Ti.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/watch-dogs-pc-performance,review-32960-8.html

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Anybody get freezes in heaven 4.0 on the same exact spot in scene 16, I can replicate this in the last 3 drivers. It can happen after 1 hr to 12hrs as long as I let it run. regardless of gpu clocks vram clocks and voltage. valley is screwy too last 2 drivers with the white patches on the mountains.

14. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Which Monitors are you using and how are they connected? (DVI, DP, HDMI)? Thanks.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I am from the other spectrum, not too happy with 60fps 60hz anymore, it feels choppy compared to 100hz vsync at 2560x1440

16. Baasha

Baasha Guest

GPU:
    GTX-580 Class. 3GB 4-Way
    I have 3x Dell UP2414Q monitors connected via DP 1.2 (for 60Hz 4K Surround).

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ive never even played on one, seen one briefly in store and because of that i know what im missing out on and 60fps isnt smooth enough.

18. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you save dispdiag log files from your monitor both with driver 337.88 and 335.23 drivers installed? Here are instructions for how to do so:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3468

Email me the log files to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Please include link to your post so I remember what the email is about. Thanks.

19. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    I've had this driver crash twice already while playing Watch Dogs. Just crashes to the desktop and shows the driver stopped responding notification.

Random locations, so can't force it to happen.

20. Voodooman

Voodooman Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX 680 4gb
    With drivers 337.XX control pannel stopped to search for installed games and programs and list is completely empty, i have to add every freaking exe manually to the list so that Nvidia driver can recognise game with existing profile.

Also, can you confirm if 337.88 fixed BSOD on PAE enabled 32 bit Windows (home versions with PAE patch and Server version out of box) with more than 4 gb of RAM that started after driver 332.21?

Kinda 6 months since this driver regression and people still cant use newer drivers with more thna 4 gb of RAM, which is very frustrating, because 3.5 is very limiting and there is no proper solution exist to upgrade 32 bit to 64 with preservation of installed software, setting and all the files, which makes this task impossible for many people who dont want to wipe their set up environment just to use more than 4gb again.