Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    yeah seems like a great driver. Even the over sensitive GTAIV likes it with the sli bits from the Taxi Bug fix thread. Running enb + sweetFX with texture mods, smooth 60 at 1440p (downsampled to 1080) and 2x AA.

For any one who missed it.
    GTAIV sli bits.

2. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    So how is the game, guys? Enjoying it?

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Love it. Dont want to finish it so keep starting back from the first level lots of time. Love the Lunar mission.

Machine Games did a fantastic job. 9/10. (-1'd a point for no AA option in the menu)

4. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Great game indeed, was surprised i could play it with high settings at 1080p and still get 60 fps, even 4x MSAA didn't hurt. But for some reasons fps dips in places where there's no action, when you're just talking to other chracters, like the hideout.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah the drops maybe memory leaks. im no expert on that subject though, but since the drops seem to be as you said where theres barely anything on screen, computer/video consoles and some minigun turrets (lunar base - section after you get your kit) also seem to do this, im just putting two and two together.

6. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Agree with u, but imho -2 for bad graphics/performance overall. 8/10

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  7. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    One part of me wants to play the game, because I think I would really like it. The other part tells me not to buy it. If I want to play a game I don't want any unreasonable limitations, like not being able to use CF and cutting back on image quality, because devs are not able or not willing to implement it. I would be OK with that if it is an indie game, but a main stream title should do better. If it ever goes on sale, I'll try it.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    itll run maxed on your system even with one card.

Gfx are great. Some probably the best this year other than the textures. but id take no repeating textures over super hd repeated textures any day. Gets rd of that tiled look.

The only issue with it gfx wise is the textures as mentioned above, but they're only bad if your comparing them to Crysis 3 or BF.

9. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    wtf, no you cant it dont work and those screenshots are photoshopped from what i can tell ok

ive tested those commands in the console and they do NOT apply aka i still get freakin jaggies from hell not even using nvidia inspectors antialiasing override works for this game since ive tried with 4xSGSSAA, why in hell couldnt they have just added rages antialiasing how hard could it have been

did i already mention those config tweaks posted a couple pages back by tj
    Code:
    bind "MWHEELDOWN" "_weapprevinv"
    bind "MWHEELUP" "_weapnextinv"
    //========================================
    pm_togglesprint "0"
    r_mode "16"
    r_multiSamples "8"
    m_sensitivity "3.360597"
    //seta r_customAspectRatioV "1920"
    //seta r_customAspectRatioH "1080"

//main settings
    com_skipIntroVideo "1"
    com_allowconsole "1"
    seta com_videoRam "5000" ///your vram size
    seta jobs_numThreads "8"

//Virtual Textures // should be safe, but only with VT compression - on
    vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "16384"
    vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "16384"
    vt_pageimagesizeunique "16384"
    vt_pageimagesizevmtr "16384"
    vt_maxaniso "16"
    vt_maxlockedpages "2048"

//virtual textures format
    vt_qualityHDPLossless "1"
    vt_qualityHDPDiffuse "0"
    vt_qualityHDPNormal "0"
    vt_qualityHDPPower "0"
    vt_qualityHDPSpecular "0"
    vt_qualityDCTChroma "100"
    vt_qualityDCTLuma "100"
    vt_qualityDCTNormal "100"
    vt_qualityDCTPower "100"
    vt_qualityDCTSpecular "100"
    seta vt_preload "1"

//cuda settings
    vt_cudaRLE "1"
    vt_maxPPF "128"
    vt_cudaBudget "10" // or 12, default 14, its in ms, 16ms is 60fps limit.
    vt_usecudatranscode "1"

//Render // remove // if you want negative LOD for textures, I used 0 and driver negative LOD in Rage
    //vt_minlod "-1"
    //vt_lodBias "-1"
    //image_lodbias "-1"
    r_useNewPrivateLighting "1"
    r_useHardwareTextures "1"
    r_useSMP "1"

//Image
    seta image_preload "1"
    image_blend "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
    image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"

//Noskip forceON
    md6_generateDamageTextures "1"
    r_lazyBindParms "0"
    r_lazyBindPrograms "0"
    r_lazyBindTextures "0"

cvaradd hands_fovscale "1.0"
    cvaradd r_postprocessdof -1
    cvaradd r_skipadaptiveglare "-1"
    cvaradd view_blur_max "-1"
    cvaradd view_blur_min "-1
    seta image_usecompression 0; echo "^1Disabling the Image Compression..."
    seta image_ignoreHighQuality "0"; echo "^1Setting the HQ images..." //Sets up for using HQ gfx
    seta image_ignoreLowQuality "1" echo "^1Setting the LQ images..." //ignores the low textures
    //cvaradd com_synctotime -1;  echo "^1Disabling the framelimiter..." //Use this command to disable the 60fps locker
    //seta com_maxfps "60"; echo "^1Setting the fps to your settings..." //limits the frames to 60 can be changed to what you desire
    seta r_cgFragmentProfile "best"
    seta r_cgVertexProfile "best"

//vt_restart
    seta r_forceVmtrReload "1" 
    not working as well ,exspecially these dont work when applied into my read-only wolfConfig.cfg in my base folder of my games install dir

cvaradd hands_fovscale 1.0

cvaradd r_postprocessdof -1

doesnt change anything , how in hell could anyone even prove any of the tweaks work without a log file that shows those tweaks being used thats

what i would like to know , and hell maybe its just me doing something wrong but do tell if ive missed something cause im getting pissed off with this crap

10. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Solution for my game crash problem

I did not read any previous posts in the thread, so please ignore this if it had been mentioned already. It explains the reason why my game kept crashing before.

I use a custom config file (OwnConfig.cfg) and call it via "default.cfg" (in the game "base" subfolder) as follows:

exec OwnConfig.cfg
    bind "F11" "exec OwnConfig.cfg"

I bind it to F11 as some commands (like cvarrandom r_postProcessDofMode -1 -1) can only be activated after a savegame had been loaded (i.e. I press F11 at that point).

Here is my point:

If I use the following at the end of the custom config file, the game crashes regularly when a cutscene starts, or when a new level loads, or if I manually restart the last checkpoint:

vid_restart
    vt_restart
    vt_reload

Turns out the culprit is the "vt_reload" command. If I remove that command, the game never crashes, and the config commands are all still activated when F11 is pressed.

Perhaps someone else has this crash problem too.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

12. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    there gotta be a permanent way to do this , this is nuts :puke2:

btw r_multisamples 8 command when entered while ingame doesnt do diddly nor does the set enhance aa and 8xSGSSAA in my global profile in nvidia inspector in nvidia settings do anything to the jaggies since there still very apparent :bang:

and the cvaradd hands_fovscale 1.0 command only works after having inputed it twice then i actually see a fov change , and no need to substract if you

wanna go back a scale just keep on reentering that command and itll go back to point 0 aka default hands scale, have i mentioned how fn weird it looks while holding his knife the shoulders look akward

13. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I can confirm that renaming the .exe does give a big performance boost, but it doesn't have to be renamed to "WolfNewOrder_x32" you can ename it to whatever and it still gives an fps boost.
    Maybe it has to something do with windows firewall? Like it blocks or stops blocking the exe when you rename it? I have no idea :confused:

EDIT: NEVERMIND I realized why I got an fps boost, renaming the exe broke the AA profile I had forced. do'h :bonk:

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I know, but subtracting is faster and more reliable. and oviously if you enter cvaradd hands_fovscale 1.0, which is default, you not going to see a change as thats what the value is already. The game wont recognize an input if you enter the same number as a cmds default value, so try 1.5 and you should see a slight change.

I fail to see why its such a problem, once you enter a cmd into the console, the console will remeber the cmds entered. So say you load the game up to the main menu and enter:

1. cvaradd r_PostProcessDOFmode 0
    2. r_multiSample 4
    3. cvaradd hands_fovscale 1.8

Then load up a save game, get bored or whatever and quit. Then next time you load up to the main menu, bring down the console and press the UP arrow key and the console will bring up the last entered cmd, in this case cvaradd hands_fovscale 1.8 and press enter, then press the UP arrow twice and you get r_multiSamples 4, just press enter... rinse and repeat.

The only other thing i cant think of is deleting your .cfgs, load up wolf, set your resolution and other video settings, go back to the main menu and bring down the console and enter the desired cmds. Last enter the cmd 'WriteConfig wolfConfig'. Now dont change a thing. Quit and go to the save game folder where the wolfConfig.cfg is saved - set to 'Read Only', and open with notepad and see if the cmds you entered via the console have been saved.

If not, load up the game and then a save game to see if the cmds get loaded anyway. If they dont, then there is something wrong with your Windows Folder Permissions. Find a cracked exe and move the entire wolf folder to the Desktop and redo what ive suggested above. If it works, then folder permissions are the problem.

I fail to see the logic as to how renaming a 64bit excutible to x32 would give a performance boost and you dont need an AA Profile, just use the r_multiSamples cmd.

15. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I am enhancing the MSAA ingame with supersampling via NVCP, that's why the profile broke when I renamed the exe. Also it wasn't my idea to rename, read a few pages back.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah, my bad. I wasnt having a go at you in regards to the x32 nonsense. Was thinking out load.... in text.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm thought i was kinda screwed, but apparently the settings are also saved in profile.bin. (so i had to delete that).
    I was messing about with the settings and fps dropped to 20 fps (due to way to high settings LOL).

BTW anya is one spicey lady :D

18. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    ok so after doing some more testing i recommend anyone that doesnt want a chunky untextured whats supposed to be the players shoulder doesnt want to see that to stay with the games default hands fov anything above 1.10 will show you the untextured and unfinished parts of the player the devs was to lazy to properly do :puke2: , now thats a joke :wanker:

btw ive entered the r_multiSamples "8" in the console and exited the game and it saved it to the wolfConfig.cfg in my saves dir , but still freakin jaggies hell ive even tried with r_multiSamples "4" after that in the same game and all it does is

it shows a short like white loading icon and still nothing get a archived cvar multisample because in production mode notification in red , guys it dont fix no jaggies thats for sure , anybody have proof please do let me see and no photoshopped shots please

btw my save game base folder ive checked the security settings and theyre all set to allow so thats not the issue here

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its not being lazy, its called resource managment. Why render something that will never be seen.

As for aa, in the console, enter 'Cvaradd r_multisamples 4'. AA does work, you're just not following instructions. And check the screenshot thread for proof that aa works.

This is the last post im doing on it for you. I have homework to do.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I'm impressed how well it runs on my mates PC, he has a i7 860 with HT on and a gtx560 Ti.
    Turned everything on and on high, didn't touched the textures settings tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.