LiveTuner - Simply tuning Windows performance smartly

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Windows X, May 25, 2014.

1. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    [​IMG]

LiveTuner will help you tuning Windows system and network performance smartly by focusing optimizations on hardware specs, device type and application usage with careful selections and tests for optimal values without risking to damage computer. So users who don t possess computer knowledge can use it with confidence because it was made to be as simple as possible for everyone with experience from optimizing Windows over 10 years.

Back in 2001, I made one click Windows optimizer software called 'PC Tweak 2001'; with tweaks I gathered from internet and magazines hoping to improve my veryyy slow PC and shared in Thaiware.com. I kept improving it until 2003 called Optimizer XP. That software made me won national software contest award and I used the winning prize to buy a new computer. Since most optimizations I put in are obsolete by the time Windows Vista came and my PC is fast now, I stopped updating it.

Ten years later, my dad asked me if I still continue developing Windows optimizer software because Chrome in his PC was quite slow lately and hope I could do something about it. To fix my dad's PC performance issue, I decided to revive this project from sratch and made simple yet efficient tool to fine-tuning Windows for optimal system/network performance according to devices and applications.

I know there're tons of Windows optimizer software released for over 10 years and some of them are pretty decent ones. Let me give you 3 reasons why you should also consider trying this out.

-Doesn't require computer knowledge in power user's perspectives. All you need to know before using this program are what your device is called and how you will use it. For example if you use Desktop and you're gamer elite, you just select device 'Desktop' and application 'Online Gaming' and be done with it.

-All tweaks in LiveTuner has Microsoft documents research as reference so there's no myth/obsolete/non-existing tweaks here. Not a single one of them doesn't have MSDN reference. However, not all tweaks follows Microsoft documents. I made my own tests with data from communities outside Microsoft as well to get real world's optimal result with beta testers.

-The ability to adjust tweaking parameters, turning some features on and off according to hardware specifications, device type and application usage are cleverly implemented without trying to make things simpler but as simple as possible. This is one of the finest automatic optimizations you could ever find today.

LiveTuner is thoroughly tested in devices having Intel/AMD/Atom build as Desktop/Laptop/Netbook/Tablet/Server doing all kinds of applications without any problem. You can use with confidence just like one of my friend who was against Windows optimizer software before and messaged me a day later that his brother's PC is a lot better now.

Features

LiveTuner has 2 main configuration parameters. Please choose one of them according to your hardware and main application usage.

Device optimizations: Desktop, Laptop/Tablets, Server
    Application optimizations: Full Workstation, Office/Internet, Online Gaming, Enterprise Server

I'd like to list other internal tweaks but they're finely tuned based on above options and hardware specs so I think it's better to keep it simple and clean rather than complicated bragging. LiveTuner also have 4 startup optimizations below.

Increase Windows Explorer priority: This will raise Windows Explorer's priority to 'High' level improving Explorer responsiveness and less chance to freeze/crash.

Remove temporary files: One of basic maintenance task that most PC optimizer software should have. Use this if you don't have other tools cleaning up temporary files.

Optimize Windows timer resolution for low latency applications: Helps time-sensitive application getting more accurate timing from 15.6ms tick to 0.5ms tick.

Process idle tasks every day for server PC: If you don't normally turn off your computer after using it, you should select this to keep Windows in shape for home users.

Changelog

-Fixed disabling paging executive on 4GB RAM only instead of enabling it
    -Fixed UI inconsistencies by changing Uninstall button in first dialog to Exit instead
    -Improved system responsiveness for online gaming application

-Added Analysis screen before applying optimizations
    -Added TCPNoDelay tweak for Online Gaming
    -Fixed System cache dirty page threshold's calculation bug
    -Improved optimizations for low memory system
    -Increased network utilization a little more for 'Full Workstation' application
    -Desktop gets 50% boost for pooling
    -Paged/Nonpaged pooling scales with memory again
    -Paging executive will be disabled only for 4GB+ RAM
    -Removed Computer Audiophile Server application
    -UI redesigned with Flat and Metro concepts

-Added Computer Audiophile Server application optimizations
    -Added creating installation log in Windows\livetuner.log for reporting
    -Added lower Windows Defender's service priority option
    -Added readme section explaining how software works
    -Changed default options to what most people use which are 'Laptop/Tablets' and 'Office/Internet'
    -Fixed startup optimizations to keep process running only when required
    -Increased trimming unused file cache responsiveness a bit more (20->15)
    -Re-configured increasing NTFS cache for 4GB+ RAM instead of 2GB+
    -Re-enabled SuperFetch so that ReadyBoost can function

-Changed file system tunneling from disabled to have small tunneling cache instead
    -Improved TCP latency optimizations according to selected application
    -Revised additional threads for multi-core optimizations fixing process stalling for real world workstation usage
    -Revised paged/nonpaged pool scaling with memory calculation
    -Revised additional optimizations approach to be startup optimizations

beta 4
    -Added disabling file system tunneling for faster delete
    -Added network optimizations for TCP/IP protocol
    -Increased paged/nonpaged pool scaling size
    -Memory 4096MB or higher will be reported as 4096+ due to x86 app limitations
    -Updated graphics and branding

beta 3
    -Added remembering configuration now
    -Added restore function to revert all optimizations back to default
    -Pooling now scales with memory size

beta 2
    -Removed memory top-down allocation preference tweak (It broke PotPlayer app and possibly some other apps)
    -Maximum pool usage and cache trimming no longer have separated device optimizations but follow MSDN’s recommended optimizations
    -Additional optimizations features are working now

beta 1
    -Initial release

Info and Download: LiveTuner 3.1

2. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Optimizer-XP-XG.shtml

3. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    That was review for Optimizer XP, written since over 10 years ago. LiveTuner is completely new and different from Optimizer XP and uninstallation will revert all tweaks back to system defaults so it's safe and secure with proven tweaks from MSDN.

4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    ??????

I don't want the registry settings at the system defaults. If I am going to try a program, I require the program to read the values that are in the registry and return them to the previous value(s) when I click on the restore tab or uninstall the program!

5. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    I mean quoted information is from Optimizer XP not LiveTuner. Softpedia didn't rewrite the review for LiveTuner.

I once thought about reverting tweaks back to previous ones but it could lead to pententials of damaging OS or make it unbootable after uninstall of previous tweaks have conflicts between before/after additional tweaks so system defaults is sure-safe method. Making restore point before installing is a lot easier and safer that way. I also would like to suggest making tweaks.reg as well.

6. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    A question, did you write this program?

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    If you are actually Windows X, I have you to thank for getting me into Windows theme customization with your Vista Transformation pack.

Have to tell ya though, Chrome/Opera browser has your site blocked with a "Malicious site warning" issued by Yandex. Not very inviting.

8. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    Yes. It was me.

You're welcome. Now there's Windows 8.1/OS X Mavericks as well if you want to try. It looks like some ads way back caused this. Chrome already unblocked it here though. I wonder if there's a way to ask Yandex verifying it again.

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Trying out your software. Pretty cool that it has the ability to set the timer resolution to .5 built in.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Programs like this always end up with me wishing I'd never played with them

11. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    Glad you like it. There's also Fidelizer software if you're interested in tuning Windows for better audio playback without making permanent changes to system.

That's prejudge but I understand you man. Most of them made tweakers regretted it and ended up doing tweaks manually or leave it alone. I won't say this ones is different from the rest but I tried my best to keep it sure safe and effective without myth tweaks since all has MSDN reference and uninstalling will give you back system defaults so it's not hurt to try.

12. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I'm impressed. I don't like that your software defaults to set your site as a users homepage. I understand why you did that, but the fact that it defaults to a checked state still bothers me.

Fidelizer is also pretty cool. I am certainly not an audiophile, nor do I have the awesome equipment, but I could hear a difference even using your Professional preset.

You would probably prefer at this point that I would go to your own forums and ask questions, but why do that when I have the man himself right here.

Is it possible to have Fidelizer run only it's core optimization process (the first check box, aka Professional) on startup?

13. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    Add Fidelizer in startup with /S switch.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thanks but my machine runs fine without tweaking it, and I've learned my lesson about playing with tweaking programs no matter what they claim to revert upon uninstallation ;)

Not prejudice, experience

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    It works, but how I do know which preset it's using?

Also, when I do this it opens to your download page.

I'm not so keen on having that page pop up every time I turn on my PC.

@Extraordinary
    No one is forcing you to use anything. You have no final say on popular opinion on anything as well. There is no reason judge a piece of software as much as this without first trying it. If you don't want to try it because you simply know everything, then don't. Simple as that.

Last edited: May 30, 2014

16. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    Well, that's countermeasure against companies trying to secretly integrate Fidelizer into their music server projects and charge for large sum of money. I hope you'll understand how I'd feel when some companies claiming their revolutionary improvements and sell for like 5 digits with my works in there. If you really want to use it on startup without annoyance, I'll release commercial version that doesn't have nagging feature and does job a lot better soon.

17. mootyful

mootyful Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 Gigabyte
    Looks interesting. If I create a system restore before using this program will I be able to restore my current settings?

18. Windows X

Windows X Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS V8170
    Yes you can.