AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (14.200.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by spectatorx, May 27, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Jesus these are utter sh!te, seemed to install faster than previous sets which was nice, and they finally updated the logos etc..., then after the mandatory restart, was on the Blue Welcome screen for ages, then i just had a black screen with a DOS box top right (which you get normally flashing on/off when you first install new drivers, as its something else the drivers do), and an error message saying windows can't find Firefox.exe, took the ******* straight off! :D

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Go in to safe mode and use DDU, then try again.

4. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    Around 200 points more in Firestrike (9277) and zero problems.

5. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    I have also compared the two installers and looks like only the package was rebuilt, the driver itself is the same.

LE: there seem to be some an extra device from the R7 200 series and a few different setting in the .inf files of the newer package. Most likely no reason to reinstall if the leaked one works.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Really the best driver yet. All but solved my frametime problems in Battlefield 4, and performance is up across the board.
    Moreover, the firefox HTML5 video BSOD bug seems to be fixed!

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Used DDU, still the same, found it only does it on first boot after the drivers are first installed (after the mandatory reboot), as found the desktop eventually appears and all loads up fine, after i get rid of the Windows can't find Firefox.exe.

Think i might know what it is though, when installing the drivers for the first time, it always opens up IE for something, but i think now, its trying to do it via FF (which i use), but seen as its trying to do it straight away, before anythings had a chance to load up, its throwing up that can't find it error, as when i popped the 14.4 RC1s back on, was all fine again, as those do the IE like previous sets. :p

Seem fine, 3D Mark 11 got a boost, couple of hundred points, so now going to try a few other benchies, Metro 2033/LL, and a few other game ones, see if they around same still. :)

8. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    It's finally possible to change image scaling option without going to the lower desktop resolution than your native. This is like the best thing that happened with the CCC since forever.

9. foxy

foxy Guest

GPU:
    2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD
    Astonishing reasoning you have there.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I had fun after installing these too, it installed the USB Filter drivers which killed my keyboard and mouse, so I had to hit power to shutdown then reboot, which didn't work to finish the install because of 8.1's fast boot - and still had no control after it booted, I ended up having to hit reset to force it to reboot fully

11. sirbeer

sirbeer Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    outdated now

12. fabiovtec

fabiovtec Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 270X @1270
    What is the amd usb filter driver? should I install?

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you cannot run ultra textures with 3gb without loading bottlenecks, its been proven.

stick with high.

14. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Ughh... I'm getting this too... Still haven't got my Razer DeathAdder working but this ancient IBM mouse from 20yrs ago is...

15. Rivers23

Rivers23 Member

GPU:
    amd 7670m
    I have a 7670M and an 2.3 i3 mobile. I've noticed that the framerate when using emulators has dropped significantly and it's way more choppier than on 14.4.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Everything seems to be up about 1.5/2fps, temps seems to be up by 4/5 degrees as well, so must be working more.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah they've changed them, as at first, i thought they hadn't installed properly they went in that fast, but seems the speed up of them going in is the norm now, which is better tbh. :p

Just don't know why its trying to open FF virtually on the Welcome screen, as its bound to not be found then, at least give it time to finish booting up, may as well do it on the Post Screen, or just before the spinning balls, as wont be found then either! :D

18. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Guest

GPU:
    6770m
    I lost the switchable graphics option on my 6770m+IntelHD 3000.That never happened using the mobility drivers,anyone experienced the same problem?

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not sure about the firefox thing, I didn't get any popup or browser opening during or after the install

Usually after installing a Beta, after the first reboot IE will open to AMDs survey page, but not this time

20. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Hmm yeah thanks.. been running ultra granted only at 2560 not 4k smooth as butter..