AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (14.200.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by spectatorx, May 27, 2014.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What about an mobile version?

2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Once again, a mostly useless driver for me from AMD. I bought my r9 280x around the the time it came out and ever since, there's been mostly neglect from AMD with lot's of focus on the 290/290x and crossfire. I mean I realize the r9-280x a re-branded 7970ghz but still, they are selling it as a new card and I would have thought it would receive at least a little driver attention. Don't get me wrong, the current drivers and all the ones that have been released since the release of the r9 280x all work fine with it but I feel they could be better.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. fidoulou

fidoulou Member

GPU:
    msi gtx970
    thanks for the mirror and the 14.6 ;)

5. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    almost no difference with the new drivers and the game fix.still the game dips while drivings fast to 21fps...the only difference i saw is the lowest vram usage!

edit:also still cant enable mantle in battlefield 4. setting is missing..windows 8.1 64bit here!i had same issue with 14.4 driver too.

6. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Correction: for YOU a useless driver :)

7. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    uninstalled 14.4 whql, gonna report in a minute after I install these. Interested in that color management bit they mentioned on the slides.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not a fan of the new bezel correction on these drivers - with the 14.4 drivers I could hit bezel correction and immediately accept the changes without moving anything about and it would give me 6040x1080 with perfect correction, now it doesn't change anything and I have to p1ss about with it manually to try and sort it which is not an easy task - lining up the triangles perfectly does not translate into bezel correction at all - moving a window from one screen to the next is not working as if the window is actually moving behind the bezel, it appears on the next screen far too early, which in game will make things feel very strange as if there are 2 pictures instead of one

9. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB

decided to do the regular uninstall from control panel. I reboot, getting ready to install that new driver when I notice catalyst next to my system clock. I'm like, wait what? I double click that CCC opens and the driver is still there. I go to control panel, hit uninstall and I see these components are not installed. oh, amd.

gotta fire up that DDU again, somehow I dislike using it.

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Haha okay....is that not what I said? "Once again, a mostly useless driver for me from AMD."

12. Felix

Felix Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 280X
    What are you talking about?
    I definitely got increased performance on the 280X on Watch Dogs. They probably talk about the 290X results since they might be the biggest ones, but I suspect every GCN card (1.0 or otherwise) gets improvements.

I'm hitting 60FPS way more with the 14.6 Keeper drivers for me.

13. A9M4D

A9M4D Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Can anyone help? I installed the 14.6 driver and I can't boot up my PC. The monitor goes past the loading windows (8.1) point but instantly goes black after it. So I can't even get onto my desktop to un install this he'll driver!

14. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    what is that option under gpu scaling in digital flat panel properties "enable gpu up-scaling" ?

15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Okay, fair enough. I didn't say completely useless, I said mostly useless. I haven't tried watchdogs (not out here yet in Taiwan) so I'm not sure of the improvements. Anyways, I was just giving my opinion which is mostly in regards to all the drivers that I have seen so far since buying my card and not just this one particular driver. The drivers haven't been bad, offering the odd improvement here and there but I just felt that AMD could have done more and has been gearing most of their focus towards other cards.

16. Akizuki09

Akizuki09 Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T 3GB x 2
    Yea I'm going to officially throw the stuttering issue at Ubisoft now. With CF on, the game is getting 65-89 FPS w/ Ultra textures, but is suffering horrible stuttering. With CF turned off, game is running at 38-42 FPS with Ultra, but with much much less stuttering occuring, mainly during details loading like cars/people/etc. This is of course with the fix in place through the shortcut target + both R9 280X OC. But man it's really bad with CF turned on, getting those FPS but having the stuttering while simply walking through the city is bad. It occurs on both High and Ultra textures as well.

These drivers are running fine though for me, got everything installed + monitor back to 110Hz. Mantle in BF4 is working nicely as well, 88-90FPS.

*EDIT* - After messing with the game config + CCC/RadeonPro, managed to get the game running at a nice stable 45-60 FPS while driving / 68-76 FPS while walking around. Everything else, such as shooting segments - indoors is all 80+ FPS with CF turned on. This also fixed the issue with stuttering while CF is turned on as well. It's still present, but no where near as game breaking as before. Ultra textures seems to be the main issue, running Ultra at 2560x1440 just doesn't want to run as nice as High textures / Ultra details.

17. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I have the same problem with my tv plugged to pc. Only solution i know is to revert older version of driver which worked. You can do this in two ways: plug another display and do this from it or... do this from safe mode and i have to warn you, getting into safemode in windows 8.1 is huge pain.

My luck i'm using two screens.

18. A9M4D

A9M4D Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    I'm in safe mode but when I open the catalyst installer it won't let me install and it comes up with an error? It says "failed to load detection driver"?

19. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Anyone else having radeonpro error with this driver?
    amd adl library could not be initialized.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Im not seeing any WDs improvements with these, FPS is still all over the place