Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes i'll agree there, vram usage aside with all the candy and aa it's a massive hog.
    what can we do? we can wait till gtx 990 and witcher3 and make do with what we got, the devs are finding their feet with the new concoles, you gotta keep that in mind.
    though like i said totally understand what you're sayin.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    remember Kez Ubi injected that game with some nice Physx, it may have been late but they done it, sure it's a cpu hog like fc3 but personally i can live with that and look forwards to ac5.
    this is different i view it as unique, like a nice new nex-gen engine. it's her first outing lets treat her kindly is what i say and not scare her (and the devs)away.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Stupid Ubisoft not letting us who pre-ordered pre-load. Anyone know it a Korean VPN will work to get it to show up in my library?

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Ultimately, I think I'll be good at medium/high settings since I play at 1600*900. Also, so long as it's a good quality sample I don't mind FXAA.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Based on online complaints the game isn't any worse than other new games when it comes to optimisation, and it's not even out yet.

Recently we had the "unfair imho" complaints about Wolfenstein and that game launched with a 10GB Day1 patch.

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i think you'll do it too dude.
    i wouldn't worry much at all.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Completely agree. How anyone who has played Watch_Dogs can not see the many similarities with GTA IV/V, I do not know. Comparing it with GTA is a complement not a criticism. Watch_Dogs is GTA with hacking and more of an emphasis on stealth/puzzle solving but it resembles it more than it doesn't. I've played this game for 25 hours now and it is hard not to compare it with GTA. It feels different enough to warrant playing but the core gameplay mechanics are basically the same.

I've settled on the suggested settings for my card by GeForce.com: Ultra preset with HBAO+ High, Ultra textures and Temporal SMAA. With those settings I get mostly smooth gameplay of around 50 FPS except when driving. Driving still has hitching but it is not as bad as when I use the higher AA modes. I played for 5 hours as well.

I don't like SMAA as much as TXAA as there's a lot of distrating shimmering around fences and cars had aliasing around internal edges. On the other hand, the image quality is not as blurred. However, I find TXAA gives a cleaner, more cinematic image but it seems I do not have enough VRAM to be able to max the game out and have TXAA so SMAA is the trade-off. Maybe a patch can reduce VRAM usage so TXAAx2 is possible?

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Don't expect Ubi to release any optimizations anytime soon. Look at how long it took them to fix the Boston issue in Assassins Creed 3.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Essentially the same settings the PS4 is using, albeit that game runs at 30 FPS with adaptive v-sync (some tearing when the engine is under stress).

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Try an Australian VPN. The game has release over there.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Did they ever really fix it?

I will try that now.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Give it a go. I'm still waiting for my key from G2A.

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    go to uplay store with web browser, goto the account section, your key will be there to use with the client, unless you have the version that i have that just says pending and has no key yet.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    FlyVPN

Really limited though, 20 minute connections 3 times a day, just get it to start your download and don't turn off the computer until it's done.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It was fixed for the most part.

16. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Token Physx effects don't fix framerate so I don't see how that relates to what I said. They had an agreement with Nvidia, they didn't add them out of good will and most importantly the game still brings high-end CPUs to their knees while the game is not technically impressive.

I hope Watch Dogs will turn out differently regarding post game support.
    There is definitely something wrong here.

Ah...Yes, another instance of Ubisoft not giving two ****s about PC.
    We understand the API does not make optimization easy because it does not expose memory management but they really can't use that excuse when it's clear as day that they did not really put much care into the PC version.

For what it's worth I'm sure I will get very decent performance no matter what but Titan/780ti struggling to keep a locked 60fps and running into VRAM limitations is worrying to say the least.
    I'd wager that the "lead" platform switched to the PS4 at some point like it happened with Battlefield 3.
    Source : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450516

Yeah, I can definitely see the same thing with Watch Dogs. Had the PC version been the lead sku performance would have been much, much better.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  17. jimmmm

jimmmm Active Member

GPU:
    16go ddr3
    any cheap steam key?

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]

click on order number and find your key to input into client, or if like me wait it out as no key yet.

19. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    From what I've seen in screenshots and videos, the dynamic shadows really seem to be all over the place. It seem like only certain light sources are able to cast them, which can lead to some really bad/odd looking scenes.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    mine says no order history

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.