Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    "Catalyst 14.6 will also provide performance boost to Watch Dogs, Thief and Murdered Soul Suspect (which is not yet released). You should expect 25-28% better performance in Watch Dogs with the new drivers."

now if AMD if capable of pulling such boost then nvidia needs to do some serious magic as well.

edit:
    interesting :nerd:

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  3. Scouty

Scouty Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 OC WiNDFORCE 3X
  4. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Remember SLI guys.. New drivers usually disable SLI after install. :) Don't forget to re-enable it.

Done installing. Gonna reboot then test them.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Awesome, better performance and great crossfire scaling, I'll be maxing the game out with good fps. Waiting for the patch.

7. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Game still runs like crap with 337.88.. I tried the recommended settings for the GTX 690 from the Nvidia page..

Same old crap.. Great FPS but stuttering from constant paging off the HDD using High textures.

Your move Ubisoft..

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    when i saw that happen i was like, wtf!!!!! next gen breaks :p

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    As enjoyable as this game is, and it must be to consume 20 hours of my time so far, I'm starting to think it has a worrying flaw. I mentioned it previously but the game makes it so stupidly easy to earn money just by hacking people at you walk around then going to one of the plentiful ATM machines to draw out the cash that it makes some of the side-quests almost pointless unless you earn a Skill point from it. If you only get $3,000 for driving a car from A to B while avoiding the police, which takes a few minutes, but you can earn $10,000+ in that same time just walking around hacking then what's the point?

I have accumulated so much cash (on Normal/Medium difficulty), some $150,000, that I have nothing else to spend it on. I have all the guns, all the cars (that I've unlocked) and all the outfits and there doesn't seem to be anything else to spend it on. All the shops sell the same items so there's no reason to go to different shops either like, say, in GTA V. Also finding hidden bags of money that contain $400 at most is laughable when you can get more than that from a minutes worth of hacking.

I like the ctOS towers although there are only 13 of them to unlock and some only take a few minutes. Some are more complex though and a few are really clever such as the one with a container you can lift and a nearby car...I will say no more! They are fun and the rewards are OK.

This is a game I'm having a lot of fun with but I'm tending to focus more on the Story/Campaign missions as the side missions are losing a lot of their value and don't seem worth the hassle for the reward you get at the end. You still need to do so many to unlock skills though so that's at least an incentive. The super-accurate police A.I can get really annoying during some of these side-quests as well since they seem to know exactly where you are even when they shouldn't be able to see you (like when you're in a boat at sea!).

I have a sneaking feeling that the game may get marked down for the money hacking thing and the way it devalues a lot of the side-quests. My verdict so far though is a solid 8. It does a lot of things well - the stealth, the hacking, the living, breathing game world and so - but the ease at which you can earn money and buy everything only a few missions into the game unbalances it a bit IMO. It would have been far better if stuff was gradually unlocked as you played rather than being accessible right from the off as long as you have the cash.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's hilarious.

11. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    D'OH! :bang::bang::bang:

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    AMD 14.6 will be out tomorrow improving performance in W_D by around 25%, also adding cfx profile with up to 99% scaling. Bring it on, maxed out W_D.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That really does give me a more profound appreciation for what GTA IV did five years ago and makes me forgive that it was a poorly optimized console "port".

But that's Rockstar...to my knowledge, no other developer has done an open world game as well as they have and, to be honest, I don't think anyone else will. Is Watch_Dogs a bad game because it doesn't have full environmental and car damage? No, of course not, it just makes it less realistic, that's all. It's possible to have a lot of fun with the sandbox IMO.

All the things in that video are omissions that another game just happens to have done better. Should Watch_Dogs have had those things? Possibly but I'm not sure most people would notice their absense. The only thing I would point out as being a major flaw is the lack of dynamic shadows at night in Watch_Dogs as it looks bloody stupid when someone stood in front of headlights doesn't cast any shadows.

14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    My SLI scaling is great.. FPS are great.. Everything is great... Except the stutter.. I dare say this stutter problem almost seems patchable.. I pray Ubisoft get it right this time at official release.

From the recommended settings from Nvidia for the 690...

http://i.imgur.com/rLHM2Ru.jpg

15. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Real problem is when u jump on the car, not when u are walking.

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Yup.. Soon as it has to release and load new blocks of textures (tunnels are the worst at this) the paging kicks in. I wouldn't be complaining since I have a 2GB card but hearing the same thing from Titan users gives me hope the recommended settings are indeed workable after a patch.

Doesn't help even medium textures stutter still, albeit a lot less.

17. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    I confirm. With textures on Ultra, stutter with my rig too.

18. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Cant go further installing yet grrrrr !

ooh, tonite then maybe ...

19. FiENDO

FiENDO Guest

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    game still runes like crap.

20. hithere

hithere Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280X Rev 2.0
    The damage model on cars is so... weird. It's like they are made out of freakin' diamonds. I literally crashed a car for 5 minutes until it stopped running. It was covered in black thick smoke. Another car, same 5 minutes, but fire started and it exploded. High speed into a wall, frontal crash, minimal damage and the car still running. I've been involved into a frontal car accident in real life, lucky at low speed. Trust me, that's NOT how it works, considering in-game I was driving really fast, in real life I had 35 km/h and it was still bad for me and the car.

Anyway.... my point is that I don't know why Ubisoft did this. If you go back and watch the gameplay from E3 2012 and compare it to... your gameplay or official one from PS4, you will see major differences in almost everything. And I mean explosions that at E3 2012 were natural and vivid with lots of particles, and now they look... like a fart. There are parts of the game where it looks beautifull but in major part, I'm kind of dissapointed.

I want to keep the story for when the game comes out so I can enjoy everything that can offer, so I can't really express my opinion related to the storyline and the character. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is: I HOPE in the name of dignity, they are going to save up with the storyline, because on the technical part they messed up, from what they promised / showed and what's in our computers is a big way.

On performance side... I get freezes and stutterings and stuff as soon as I hop in a car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.