Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akizuki09

Akizuki09 Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T 3GB x 2
    That's great news since AMD really does need a fix for crossfire. Have been running the game on Ultra @ 2560x1440 and ended up disabling CF since card usage was down to the mid-40s % wise. Disabling it did help stabilize the FPS though to a smaller gap between low-highs. Now it's going from 37-48 FPS compared to doing 24-38FPS with CF turned on. The single GPU is only using 97% load at any given point as well. The cards are overclocked though to 1150MHz core and 1700MHz memory, which lead to more stable higher FPS then at stock. At stock the FPS would be reduced to average 28-35 with CF disabled.

As for ingame settings, I have everything on max except the AA which is Temp SMAA, anything above that hammers the FPS down to 19-26FPS. Haven't done too much research into the GPU Buffer Frame, but I reduced mine down to 1 Frame, haven't seen much of a difference performance wise.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    I read on ubiforums theres gonna be day1 patch as well , so hopefully they fix the slideshows im having. In current state , it's unplayable on high-ultra texture with 2gb cards it seems.

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Well this game might be good, but as ubisoft tradition performance sucks so bad. they didn't fix it in the past, i have no hope for them to fix it now.

4. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    Ouch!, that hurts!... ha ha ha
    People will start saying those effects on GTA IV could only be seen using patch 1.0.7.0 but anyways.....those russians had not mercy with the new ubiport...:banana:

5. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    These are the settings I'm using, runs fine except for the odd stutter sometimes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    actually yes, yes i do and the game runs at a steady 50 fps, 4.4gb ram usage, 6gb pagefile usage (pagefile is on an ssd) and with medium textures and a mix of med/high/ultra in the advanced vram usage about 995MB

no stutters or hitching or nothing

7. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Give me GTA V for PC and i'll be happy.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    A long, maybe eternal wait ahead...

9. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080
    Sorry, I use win 8.0 so had no problem with the posted SweetFX preset.

Win 8.1 users please try to use K_putt's preset, read the comments below:

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1676/

10. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    After reading all these page, i'm glad i went for the 4gb gtx 770. Although if i were you i would wait at least until release day if not 3-4 days after as i think ubisoft wanted to cripple pre release performance as a means to discourage playing pre release. I'm waiting until friday anyway to play it.

11. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    his cpu is fine and WILL NOT bottleneck a gtx780 but yeah it needs to be OC'd but only because it can and will do 4.3Ghz+

i guess you have never used an AMD cpu? NEW intel cpu's beat the 8320 in singlethreaded performance yes but when it comes to multithreaded performance the AMD cpu's are BEASTS trust me

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I got it too and also wondered why it wasnt in the Games section and why I couldn't preload it. But I poked around the support forums at Ubi and found a note where it said that our nVidia promo version will only be visible on the 27th and not before. So just hold tight :)

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And they say it's been in development since 2008? O,o.. Nice, wtf lol.

But I guess their main emphasis in the game was on
    If they would've worked on a few more things.. such as those shown in the video, (game's been in development since 2008..) I guess this game would've been perfect? ..

The words speak for themselves lol.

yay, with all the bugs.

14. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Just in case someone was wondering : it is possible to play your legally bought physical copy in offline mode.

I have yet to receive mine but my friends already got their Vigilante editions in the mail. Bastards.

Their have cutting-edge rigs (Titan Blacks/4970X) and the likes and they're not happy with the performance on the leaked BETA drivers 337.81.

I have to say the game stuttered a lot more than any game I've ever seen. Constant hitches and slowdowns when driving really fast.
    I'm not too optimistic Ubisoft will bother to fix the performance, they didn't do a damn thing for AC3/AC4, did they ?

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My specs are as shown (CPU and GPU are not over-clocked) and I found that the Ultra preset with AO set to HBAO+ High (making it a Custom preset) with TXAAx4 and High Textures (V-Sync set to 1, GPU Buffered Frames set to 3) gave me the best overall performance and IQ. However, while driving around at speed I still encountered hitching, although much less than with Ultra textures.

Ultra textures look so much better though in my opinion so I keep switching back to those and enduring the stuttering. I find it hard to play a game without maxed out settings and, although the game looks very nice graphically most of the time, it does seem like there is a memory leak of some kind. My VRAM usage is around 3 GB, even with textures on High, and system ram usage hit 9 GB at one point while playing after 5.5 hours. The page file was 13.5 GB!!! The game was installed on a 7,200 rpm hard drive though but the page file was on the SSD.

Others have suggested disabling the page file and I will try that but some games refuse to start without one so that is not a long-term solution for me.

16. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Effin true this game does not look specifically any better than GTA 4 but still requires monstrous PC's ,nice one ubi**** :puke2:

17. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    :heh:

Fock off Ubicrap, in my eyes it looks as good as the latest Assassins Creed and runs like a pile of crap.

GTA5 on ps3 looks so much better and Infamous Second Son blows it out of the water...

18. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Ohh boy, it may look like a fanboy statement, but I totally agree with that :)

19. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I think GTA 5 on PC will humiliate this game in the graphics department. Rockstar have been working on next-gen versions of GTA 5 for a long time, before the PS3/360 came out actually.

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah it looks quite crap tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.