Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well said^^^

Im currently 19 hours on the final act, on Uber difficulty. Ill probably end up doubling that time on my second playthrough as im going to explore some more.

Then start on wolf (90's) and go right through again as im doing a playthrough of their Riddick titles. :pc1:

19~ hours for a single player shooter, haven't had that since Riddick on xbox 1.0

2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I have my fingers crossed. On one hand I enjoy the game at 60fps, but I really REALLY want the game to have 120/144fps or basically unlocked framerate support.

I would love the game to use SLI. Just imagine, if blasting nazis is fun at 60fps, I promise you 120/144fps will be gloriously fun. I just hope nvidia/machine games can work together to somehow get SLI working, unlike RAGE. Though machinegames seems to be 'clueless' about traditional pc gamers, why I say this? because

a) you have a circular weapon selection instead of the usual button 0 to 10 UI
    b) you don't have direct Q & E controls to lean

Dishonored had all of them, and only on the consoles you had to lean using pressing a button and then wiggling to joystick I think, but it was two controls on consoles.

The game is good, however when 'small' developers get these things right, it usually spoils the taste you get, sure its good and all, but these small things almost any 'old' school pc gamer would really appreciate.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The ui doesnt really matter does it? It an fps after all not like you're inventory managing at all. Also, I doubt half the problems with this game is Machine Games fault. They do work for Bethesda after all and they're boarder line EA as far as publishers go.

As per lean again. Im looking at this line: bind "JOY3" "_useandreload" : and wondering if this will work to combine lean and q. eg: bind "Q" "_covermodeandmoveleft"

Will give it a go and report back.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    why would you bind Q and E to lean when you also have to lean up and down at times ? makes no sense at all to me

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats a good point.

whats pm_doom4BobCycle "0", used for.

As per lean for Q and E.
    the only way i can think of just ends up canceling one command or the other out.

eg: bind q _covermodeandmoveleft

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. fwixgamer

fwixgamer Guest

GPU:
    2xHD7950WF3@1200/1600
    hey guys , no one was able to enable the SSAA/AAA with radeon pro ? i tried everything but no luck , otherwise the AF x16 is working no need to type the command line overtime in the console when u die :)

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I was actually very surprised to see leaning in this game.

First FPS in a while i've seen that as a mechanic that's actually useful.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It felt like an extension of the "peak and lean" mechanic Danger Close used in their Medal of Honor games.
    Only, much smoother and easier to use.
    There is so much about Wolf: TNO that I liked, it's really hard to nail it all down.

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I am new to Wolfenstein, its my first of the serie and i like it. It looks like a story line you can start where ever you want, don't know if i missed something by not playing the previous ones...

Had a hard time to set it right graphic-wise (did it by reading this forum discussion almost entirely).

My setup should run it flawlessly but 5760/1200 res, 3go+ Vram used sometimes and my wish to get the best looking thing and there you go, FPS'es going to 12,x jeez...
    Vsync OFF ingame helped a lot

But its a game that i'd fancy to finish. Really :D

10. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Have you noticed some differences with new Nvidia beta 337.88?

11. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I've just installed these drivers(coming from 337.61 as i had weird issues on CoD MW3 graphic driver 337.81 bug stopping functionning at the very launch of the game..),

launching the game/play/come back and tell if i see any ;)

12. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    ok, i have a crash during 20min of gameplay. it seems like game speed-up then immediately crash. Is that a memory leak or something else? 6gb RAM everything up-to-date

13. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    what is the weapon change button on xbox360 pad?.. I press Y but it goes between 2 weapons not others.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The New Order is a sequel, but it's setup so that you can enjoy it without having played the previous two games.

If you play Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Wolfenstein, all you will gain (besides playing two awesome games) is that you will get a few references here and there.
    And a better understanding of the relationship between BJ and Deathshead.

15. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Okay, thanks Damien :)

Its really fun because it is a direct action pleasure game and kinda hard once you play it above middle difficulty.

16. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
  17. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Because you can bind them to Z & X or whatever random control as well?

Fun part about a keyboard is you have many many keys.

Though that would clash with dual wield. So it would take a redesign of the controls.

I made myself a macro for alt+D and alt+A. Kinda stupid this wasn't included. Also you only need to lean down once in the prologue.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Wouldn't that break the driver profile (Since it detects by name.) and thus that's what causing it, but then if so it should be a decrease and not a increase when it comes to performance, interesting.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ^ works for me. great improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.