Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The graphics quality doesn't make a huge impact on VRAM. Also shows how heavily the CPU is leaned on

Settings: (2GB card)

Textures: Medium
    Graphics Quality: Ultra
    AA: Temporal SMAA

http://i.imgur.com/81jK8LI.jpg

Textures: Medium
    Graphics Quality: Low
    AA: Temporal SMAA

http://i.imgur.com/z9E2MlI.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Holy crap are you quick :nerd:

But from what I've played so far, I'd have to agree with you. This game is pretty amazing.

3. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    I'm puzzled as to why this seems to work for some and causes CTD's for others. I get an instant CTD if I use his files.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just connected my PS3 controller, it's a whole different experience, much better than keyboard and mouse, especially in vehicles / cars in driving seat view

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Could be a Windows 8.1 thing.. SweetFX and DX 11.2 don't like each other.

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm using my PS4 controller (oh god the rumble is sublime in this) but it seems for some reason I get an aiming reticle when using it but a friend of mine using mouse and keyboard well his doesn't show up at all?

[​IMG]

7. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    27.5 is so far away so I took a little sneak peek.

Everything maxed out expect AA(fxaa) and it all plays out just fine. First I got major performance issues but i narrowed it down to vsync settings and after sorting it everything is great.

Now after Tutorial+couple missions and some free roam its clear this game is not "the next-gen" we hoped for but still much better that GTA IV(performance/graphics).

Graphics wise this game is good enough for me and if there is day one patch/ new drivers that's even better.

I have no regrets pre-ordering the DedSec Edition(PC).

Edit: My testing was done on 50" Samsung 1080P+ xbox360 controller and cpu OC'ed to 4.6ghz

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I never used a controller for just driving in games but I plan to do it for this, hope there's no issues as I imagine it'll be fun.

9. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    A lot of Windows 7 users are experiencing similar issues.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Controller turned out to be good for half the game, but things like fighting / shooting and hacking need keyboard and mouse

11. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I'm getting ridiculously good at raiding the gang hangouts. It's definitely all about patience.

12. Djoums

Djoums Guest

GPU:
    The game feels a lot more like Assassin's Creed than GTA.
    Climbing towers to discover the surroundings, having a lot of small side missions with icons on the map, using stealth during missions to avoid frontal attacks (at least that's what I like doing), etc.

I have a 7850 2Go and it runs the game with everything on high no problem, no stutters at all. Try playing in borderless fullscreen window.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I can't believe I've been playing this game for 9.5 hours today but I have. I managed to complete all of Act I which is 9 story missions (the game has a total of 39 story missions spread over 5 Acts). There is, of course, lots of side quest stuff to do as well.

The story is getting better and I'm starting to sympathise a lot with Aiden Pearce and what had happened to him (specifically the death of his niece, which isn't a spoiler as it is shown in the opening scene). It's a surprisingly emotional tale, all told, and one I'm enjoying the missions of.

The prison escape was really excellent IMO and the following one where you have to stop enemies from taking Aiden's nephew from a train was great fun now I've got loads of the hacking upgrades, including one that explodes steam vents and another that raises bridges.

This is a good game but one that takes itself very seriously in the campaign. Not necessarily a bad thing when the cutscenes are superbly done like this game (the eyes on Aiden are uncannily real here IMO). However, there is a plenty of humour to be found from eavesdropping on people's conversations!

I found that I got the best performance from using the the Ultra pre-set then setting HBAO+ High along with TXAAx2 and High Textures. That gives me a framerate of around 45-50 FPS while walking around and around 40 FPS while driving with some minor stuttering. However, the texture quality on Ultra is just so much better than High that I find myself switching back to it. This more that the stuttering annoys me the most. Hopefully, a few more patches and driver updates will improve the performance in this game a bit.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

How are you able to use your PS4 controller? What sorcery is this???

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    One mission I played earlier was really tense as I got chased by cars and a helicopter. I just couldn't shake them, particularly the chopper, until I realised that driving under the railway bridge meant I was out of sight to anything in the air. After about 20 minutes of trying to shake off the cars, I managed to scramble to a speed boat and outrun the chopper, which had found me again at that point.

The big WTF moment came from me speeding from one end of the map to the other and back via a different route with red dots, representing the enemy cars, being everywhere I went despite there being no way they could have known where I was heading, let along got to that end of the map that quickly. That mission in particular felt unfair and after 45 minutes I managed to find a lighthouse out at sea and then the Escaped message finally appeared! I can't tell you how relieved I was! The A.I. does seem to be a bit too clever IMO and comes across to me as if it is cheating. Don't know whether anyone else thought that?

Also, I installed the v337.82 drivers and noticed no performance improvements. I did try turning the Shader Cache off in the Watch_Dogs driver profile and the game did seem a little smoother but it was likely placebo. Didn't see the blue face bug though with these drivers but then I had textures on High for this play session so it may not have been the driver that fixed that.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea the ai cheats heavily, lest in missions they can follow you it seems forever even though they do not know where you are. I lost my major pita mission in the underground tunnels racing around like a madman until i found that one mission door hacked it went inside closed it and hid in the back of the room despite 6 or 7 cops swat and etc chasing me and crashing into the door they lost me. Redid that bloody mission about 30 times.

What really annoys me is how big of a hit my rep took fighting my way off the bloody roof. If any mission needed a way to stealth it that was it.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  17. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
  18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, ive never felt thirdperson games were meant for kb/m. Only use a controller for them nowadays.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I normally forget to plug the controller in before loading the game, then when I remember I can't be bothered to quit the game / find the lead and connect the controller and load up DS3 tool etc

If it's a pure driving game I usually will, but otherwise keyboard and mouse is my usual choice, but with WDs it definitely is worth using a controller with apart from hectic fast parts of fighting and timed hacking

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.