Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
  2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Performance is good or acceptable regarding its an open world game, the sutters are the problem.

I can see that medium textures look like crap. But i dont see major diff. between high and ultra. Thing is that despite that on high they require a 2gb card, when high selected it still stutters as if the card runs out of vram.

If they can fix this, i think i will play it on current hardware.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I assume that is Uplay rather than Steam and Uplay? Well, I got the boxed PC version for just £24.75 from GameSeek, which is less than the GMG version with 20/25% off. It's the only reason I bought it as I am getting the PS4 version as well next week.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Forgot to mention that I experienced some weird darkened/black texture issues while playing this game for over 5 hours yesterday. It was very noticeable on faces but there was a shadow type artifact crawling across the ground a few feet away as well across certain ground textures. I am using the 337.81 betas and have nothing forced in the game profile. I wonder if this is because I'm playing on Ultra textures with HIgh HBAO+ and TXAAx4 with a graphics card that only has 3 GB of VRAM? My guess is that some textures are getting lost or corrupted over long play sessions. Of course, it could be caused by me taking screenshots with MSI Afterburner as well, possibly. Maybe it's even a driver issue?

Anyone else seen anything like this?

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What's the resolution on the PS4 going to be for WDs ?

True 1080 ?

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    900p

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yeah sounds like you're running out of VRAM. What resolution do you play at? TXAA 4x is equivalent to MSAA 8x in getting rid of jaggies, but it gets rid of temporal aliasing as well so it uses a lot of VRAM.

8. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Dont bump yourselves with 3gb vram, even that 3gb is not enough with this game.

U can play proper on high textures and maybe some 2xMSAA. If you dont want a bit of stutter. So even your cards are in the knees with this game, regarding only vram usage.

With this said, now we can tell for sure what maxwell cards will have, mainstream and below 4gb and high-end 6gb.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thanks

10. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    For AMD users who have 3gb of vram game does not stutter on everything ultra 1080p and temporal smaa ,the only problem with AMD users is low frames.

11. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Yep, I see shadows of things on various textures, sort of like soft burn-in images of where previous textures were, I am glad I am not the only one, as I thought my setup is overheating etc. How do I make this stop ? I am guessing its because of Ultra.

12. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    On a R9 290 here with 12gb ram and on just high settings when I'm driving around I'll get plenty of dips to around 18 fps averaging 30-40fps....not a good experience at all. Indoors though its always around 70fps even on ultra.

I'm really hoping AMD comes up with some drivers that fix this

13. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Bbbbbbut what about my 1,5gb GTX580? :<
    Thought this is gonna last for year or something more but with these massive requirements I guess no more good looking games for me.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Who's that?

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    fully maxed out takes 6 GB on 1080p? if true, then ONLY titan can run it due to vram. but hard to believe to it... either that or bad optimization. or anything in between, i guess tmw we find out via nvidia driver.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nah somethings wrong there, I get around 3.4GB maxed out even with 8xMSAA

The only way I could force it to use all 4GB vRAM was to enable SuperSampling in the config file

18. FiENDO

FiENDO Guest

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    im playing with textures on high and the rest at ultra and i get a solid 50 fps, anything above that is a stuttering mess.

some textutes are just bad, i wish we could controll the ammount of mesh quality but ubisoft never had that option anyway we can see that city from miles away, in gta 4 even with draw distance at ultra it would jaggy a bit.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  20. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Well, clearly bad optimization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.