Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 bios update problem (help please, won't boot)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Aardwolfe, May 20, 2014.

1. Aardwolfe

Aardwolfe Guest

GPU:
    7660D
    Salaam guys, 2 days ago, i updated my board's bios from F4 to latest F5D, now it won't boot, i did almost everything to restore the bios as it's dual bios, but no **** ... tried all the tricks and tips on youtube, but no luck, help please, wonder why Gigabyte would release a bios as **** as this that would result in such madness, almost got my head blown off. Please help me about it :(

Note: i don't have my board in local warranty as it was imported but maybe in international warranty

My PC specs:
    Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4
    A-10 5800k APU
    kingston hyper x 1866mhz
    550w Chieftech PSU
    1 TB WD green

2. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB

i have the F2A88X-UP4 and tried the F5 bios for mine and had the same problem BUT the difference with mine is that it restored my broken bios from the dual bios and is now back to normal. if i can remember right the F5 bioses are Betas. the F4 bios is stable.... your mobo and bios are different from mine, but not dissimilar... your mobo should be able to flash bioses from USB if it can even get to the post screen you should be able to do it the USB way...... ill have to read up on it but im sure it can be done.

like i said, i will try to read up and figure out a fix for you and me both. but you should try to do the same also..... i would try getting a copy of the Previous Bios ver. and extract it to a USB drive and try to flash it that way

3. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    my asus board has the ability to use "bios flashback" it has a dedicated green usb slot at the back for it, all that needs doing is usb stick formatted to fat32, bios downloaded, renamed and onto usb and usb in green slot, with machine powered off open the side door and press the bios flashback button by the sata ports

good luck getting yours fixed and if RMA doesnt turn out a viable option is it not possible to buy a new bios chip and replace in your mobo?

4. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    The directions i found are kind of minimal and i guess im just missing something..... i need to research more but that dude has a point.. there should be a designated Bios flashback usb port make sure when you download a fresh bios do a checksum on it.

Last edited: May 22, 2014

5. Aardwolfe

Aardwolfe Guest

GPU:
    7660D
    Damage plan, got my bios recovered, sent it to my friend who did it, but i have problem occurring in my apu, it crashes after sometime game, does that happen to u too???

6. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    im glad you got the bios fixed and in response to your question: no it does not...

i have had countless others tell me that the APUs tend to run a little hot. my apu was no exception... i immediately new i had to buy an Aftermarket cooler for my apu.... sounds to me like an overheating or a driver issue... does it crash to the desktop or does the computer completely shut down? cus if it crashes to the desktop, it might be a driver issue..it could also be Direct x issues... try updating everything... it might be you need to reinstall chipset drivers..... use the latest Catalyst drivers (like 14xxx and above... they removed the AHCI drivers from the install package in the latest ones... (the 13xxx catalyst drivers wouldnt allow my computer to start at all)

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  7. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    also forgive my typing and edits..... acording to other Guru3d members i am a stupid idiot that needs to be made fun of. i have severe adhd and typing is really not my strong point...

8. Aardwolfe

Aardwolfe Guest

GPU:
    7660D
    no sometimes it freezes/stuck with stuttering sound and sometimes restarts the pc ... don't know what to do, changed the rams from slot 2 and 4 to slot 1 and 4 (slot 1 starts from the cpu socket side). It didn't help either, don't know wtf is the problem, or maybe this gigabyte board is totally ****, my 775 gigabyte board was a beast, overclocked like **** ... not a single problem, giagabyte pisses me off much

9. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    it could be a bad mobo.... try your APU in a different mobo if you can along with your RAM...
    if you cant, then your options are limited... did you try what i had suggested with the catalyst drivers?

(btw no i never had and IGPU issue with my 6800k....i ran Rift on it with no problem and ran a few other games on it before i threw my dedicated gfx card back into my rig. i just never liked Igpu performance... (the 6800ks igpu is really marvelous. but i like eyecandy...so my choice for turning my IGPU off and using my GTX 660 ti was a natural choice.

10. Aardwolfe

Aardwolfe Guest

GPU:
    7660D
    i myself not an igpu guy but i had to buy apu cz of the fact that sometimes one can run dry of gpu when needed money so then i can play games on igpu, i only bf3 mp which even runs great on 880gt, and igpu scores are somwhat better than 8800gt, i was using 7790 before, so igpu is just a backup plan for me when no gpu in hands ... so i guess i have been scammed with the board ... it doesn't even overclock top 4.4ghz at all ...

11. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    OCing is never surefire.... thats what i have come to figure out base on what people have told me... i am too scared to OC... i have tried it a few times.. and my results are always less than what i have been told i can get on my hardware

if you are OCed and its crashing you might wanna roll back your clocks. or if you still wants somewhat of an OC, you dont have to roll back your clocks completely... just back off a little bit here and there (run a few stress tests at each OC) to test for stability.

i just use stock speeds.. the only thing thats OCed in my computer right now is my Ram (its at 2133 and running just fine)

12. Aardwolfe

Aardwolfe Guest

GPU:
    7660D
    no i'm using stock, even disabled the turbo boost, so i'll be running at 3.8ghz flat, did prime 95 test, max temp reached was 50, room temp is around 30

13. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    Maybe your PSU needs to be replaced.... if your PSU and Mobo are fine, then i dont know what to say.....

I hope i helped somewhat. best of luck!

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  14. Aardwolfe

Aardwolfe Guest

GPU:
    7660D
    i have another psu, hiper 530w ... lets see if that can help

15. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB

try that and see what it does.... just like Bleh said on your thread about this.. it does sound like its either a problem with your PSU or a overheating issue

16. Aardwolfe

Aardwolfe Guest

GPU:
    7660D
    Well here u go guys, prime95 tests and some other:
    Temps can be seen at the right side in all cpu meter:

[​IMG]

after 20 min of nfs most wanted 2012 gameplay, apu crashed, temps shown on right side in all cpu meter:

[​IMG]

apu crashed after 5 mins of kombuster test:

[​IMG]